What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragons Fire Liu Kang Pseudo block infinite explained

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
So LK has a "pseudo block infinite" on some characters, puts others in the most lopsided guessing game ever where people actually suggest "taking a hit", and does great chip + builds meter + regains stamina so he is never out of options . . . and people want to keep it cause it's the ONE thing this character has????

Mind you other characters had similar tools and those got changed . . . . I don't even know what goes on with this community sometimes.

So many things wrong with this whole situation it'd have to be a bad fighting game joke.

Some give me the greatest facepalm image you got.

Why would anyone think this will stay? Any time a character has pressure with a very small window of escape, it gets nerfed. Kanos B1, raidens F1,2 just off the top of my head. This is going away lui kangs, just accept it

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
I really don't see how you can justify Hellfire's nerf yet say that Dragon's Fire is fine. Now I don't care about where Liu is on the tier list, his FBCs are better than Hellfire's yet he still has his. I don't wanna hear how Liu has less going for him either. Hellfire players are just gawdlike and don't complain much compared to everyone else so his issues fly under the radar.

If NRS keeps Liu's FBCs as is, then Scorpion was nerfed by yet another knee-jerk reaction.
by the same people who got klone nerfed im guessing

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
Why would anyone think this will stay? Any time a character has pressure with a very small window of escape, it gets nerfed. Kanos B1, raidens F1,2 just off the top of my head. This is going away lui kangs, just accept it
true you should see this on quan chi shit is fucked up

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
man .. what if block breakers took a bar of your opponents stamina bar also ?:eek:

:DOGE
:DOGE

Lone

KHAOTIC
I was going to make a post with thoughts on how they could tweak DF, but why should I? If they nerf it, ok. But I wonder if they will look at FF and Dualist too. For example, FF's ex Shaolin Flame buff does not act as it did when the values were swapped, anyone see that changing? Most likely not, but D'Vorah's on hit comboes were revisited, so I think it'd be fair if it were.

Regardless, I can't wait for the newest hotfix/patch.

So you want some characters to not be able to get out?
Flying kick his only way to get in versus zoning?

God lord. I take you back to this statement.
It seems you have yet again misinterpreted what i said. Lets try this again...

So you want EVERY character to have a way out vs the ones that already have a way out?

So LK has a "pseudo block infinite" on some characters, puts others in the most lopsided guessing game ever where people actually suggest "taking a hit", and does great chip + builds meter + regains stamina so he is never out of options . . . and people want to keep it cause it's the ONE thing this character has????

Mind you other characters had similar tools and those got changed . . . . I don't even know what goes on with this community sometimes.

So many things wrong with this whole situation it'd have to be a bad fighting game joke.

Some give me the greatest facepalm image you got.

These tom brady threads have really exposed just how retarded tym is.

why waste ur time with this dude we know what hes like
Please tell me how i am in a video game forum. Please take it to that level.

And after you do, please say everything that u probably will say to my face.

Call me ignorant for this post but out of respect for everyone else in this forum, i suggest for YOUR sake that we keep it cordial.

If you and @Phosferrax have some type of personal problem because of my opinions thn i suggest we end it here or handle it off of the forum.

Thanks

I really don't see how you can justify Hellfire's nerf yet say that Dragon's Fire is fine. Now I don't care about where Liu is on the tier list, his FBCs are better than Hellfire's yet he still has his. I don't wanna hear how Liu has less going for him either. Hellfire players are just gawdlike and don't complain much compared to everyone else so his issues fly under the radar.

If NRS keeps Liu's FBCs as is, then Scorpion was nerfed by yet another knee-jerk reaction.
You don't want to hear it but the fact is Scorpion and Liu are two totally different characters and the pressure on HF never really made any sense considering the tools in his kit. I mean, a 47% combo into a restand with flame aura active looping into another round of fbc pressure? Liu has absolutely nothing like that.

I want to make it clear that I am not arguing for his dash cancel pressure, that shit needs to be nerfed if it is causing block infinites vs some of the cast. However, you are clearly against his run cancel pressure based on your previous statement and that isn't even what this thread is about.

Please tell me how i am in a video game forum. Please take it to that level.

And after you do, please say everything that u probably will say to my face.

Call me ignorant for this post but out of respect for everyone else in this forum, i suggest for YOUR sake that we keep it cordial.

If you and @Phosferrax have some type of personal problem because of my opinions thn i suggest we end it here or handle it off of the forum.

Thanks
Dude, you're making this way too personal.

Dude, you're making this way too personal.
Naw apparently he did. A debate about a character should never get to where someone says "dude we already know what he is like" which has nothing to do with this forum. Comments like that don't need to be said at all. This isn't about egos

Naw apparently he did. A debate about a character should never get to where someone says "dude we already know what he is like" which has nothing to do with this forum. Comments like that don't need to be said at all. This isn't about egos
This is also true but unfortunately people find it hard to respond to deferring opinions without getting upset and taking it personally. That's unfortunate :/

BUFF BOO KANG!!!

This is also true but unfortunately people find it hard to respond to deferring opinions without getting upset and taking it personally. That's unfortunate :/

BUFF BOO KANG!!!
Thn those individuals are the ones with the problem and those are the ones who are in the wrong. Don't come at me about it. Check the guy who took it there.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Nice breakdown, have to sigh though. It's Kabal's dash cancel shit all over...why NRS, why do you have to have cancel moves? Always someone out there going to spend 24/7 on the game til things like this are found/abused.

Just my opinion, but NRS needs to stop with cancelling moves ie like Kabal's MK 9 dash cancel, LK's MKX fireball cancel that lead into this or Scorp's HF cancel pressure.

Not everyone has fast pokes, Shinnok's backdash (and honestly this is a waste of backdash meter too might I add) And like Tom said once you do that, you run out of meter =you're fucked. Lame...

I want to see a future MK game without any cancel moves, I know it doesn't automatically mean=infinite for everyone a la Ermac's Back2 cancel has nothing like this, way too slow but still. And I hate preaching nerfs given scrubs online who cry to nerf everything but shit like this needs it.

@EMPR_MURK it is not personal, please do not make it so. It was referring to your downplaying.
Honestly after the conversation i had with @xarakamaka weeks back in a private message, i find that hard to believe.

And i don't downplay liu. He is just upplayed to a level of brokenness by you and others when he is really a fair/solid character. Just take away his plus frames on his fake dash cancels.

Nice breakdown, have to sigh though. It's Kabal's dash cancel shit all over...why NRS, why do you have to have cancel moves? Always someone out there going to spend 24/7 on the game til things like this are found/abused.

Just my opinion, but NRS needs to stop with cancelling moves ie like Kabal's MK 9 dash cancel, LK's MKX fireball cancel that lead into this or Scorp's HF cancel pressure.

I want to see a future MK game without any cancel moves, I know it doesn't automatically mean=infinite for everyone a la Ermac's Back2 cancel has nothing like this, way too slow but still. And I hate preaching nerfs given scrubs online who cry to nerf everything but shit like this needs it.
I am guessing you mean cancelling out of special moves not normals but either way, definitely not a fan of that suggestion. This game could be a bunch of super boring 50/50s. The cancelling allows Liu--who has no true 50/50--to open up otherwise perma low blocking opponents.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm

Is your skin so thin that someone saying, "we know what hes like" drives you into roid rage so easily?

"FITE ME IRL, BRAH!!!"

Seriously. You will never meet most of these people in your lifetime. Ignore them if they upset you so much.

Is your skin so thin that someone saying, "we know what hes like" drives you into roid rage so easily?

"FITE ME IRL, BRAH!!!"

Seriously. You will never meet most of these people in your lifetime. Ignore them if they upset you so much.
Maybe i wouldn't but had a private conversation with the guy and comments like that from him means something more. Don't let him fool u.

And actually im one of the most difficult guys to get mad.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
You don't want to hear it but the fact is Scorpion and Liu are two totally different characters and the pressure on HF never really made any sense considering the tools in his kit. I mean, a 47% combo into a restand with flame aura active looping into another round of fbc pressure? Liu has absolutely nothing like that.

I want to make it clear that I am not arguing for his dash cancel pressure, that shit needs to be nerfed if it is causing block infinites vs some of the cast. However, you are clearly against his run cancel pressure based on your previous statement and that isn't even what this thread is about.
Both have launching lows with an overhead that knocks down. Both had FBCs with no launching 50/50s and were designed around FBC blockstrings and pressure. Only difference is that Scorpion is more anti-zoner with a restand while Liu is more zoner with armour-breaking and a +2 fullscreen MB Flying Kick. You act as if you'd hit F4 often against a good opponent. It's a hella reactable overhead that you'll only hit a few times in a set.

I'm not against Liu's FBRCs or FBDCs, I'm against knee-jerk reactions.