What's new

Liu Kang Kongregation [Online Matchup Thread]

The Blacktastic

OBS Supporter
I haven't seen a thread like this up on the Liu Kang forums yet, so I've taken the liberty of doing so.

Basically, this is a thread where Liu Kang players from across the country and around the world can meet up online and learn from one another, whether it be character-specific strategies or table-turning combos and juggles. I haven't tested Mortal Kombat 9's online yet, but hopefully we can use it as a way to teach and learn tricks from each other. So:​

• Username/Tournament Handle:
    Xbox 360 Gamertag:
    Playstation 3 Username:
    Times you are available for games:
As soon as more than a handful of people post up their gamertags and whatnot, I'll update the first post with people's information so other guys won't have to go through the trouble of searching pages for good competition/training buddies.
__________​

- [|EX|Testament]
XBL: Unreal EnTiTy 0

- OJuggernautO
XBL: o Juggernaut 0

Time:

- Jiraiya-Sama23
PSN: Jiraiya-Sama2390

- Blazze
XBL: TE xXDemonXx

- Xblades
XBL: IE XBlades

- Solo
PSN: Solo_Strike

- Tw1sted
PSN: TwistedKatana
XBL: TwistedKatana

- 69beastlyninja
PSN: O_O-_-_-_-_-_-3
(...Really, bro? Lol.)

- EVETSdaMONSTER
XBL: EVETSdaMONSTER

- aeonlove
PSN: aeonlove

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
XBL: o Juggernaut 0 (letter o then the number zero)

Not going to be available until next week.

Tw1sted

Noob
online liu kang?

b+3,1,2 all day
thats how we punish those wiffs. bnb all the time.

but yea on psn and 360 i'm TwistedKatana. currently mostly playing ps3 since i love the dualshock3 for mk. i hate that the rematch function doesn't work at all. so all my matches are 1 and done. my stats are bugged so they're always at 0/0. which is good cuz i think online matches are meaningless anyway and i don't want some number associated with online play to reflect my understanding of the game.

Online I like to use 2,1,3 to punish whiffs because it is easy to remember and can be repeated at least 3 times, 4 in the corner. At the end of it I like to do a flying kick to add damage. 2,1,3 repeated three times pluse flying kick is 31% damage on its own. After doing 2,1,3 two times you can use b3,1,2 and add that to the combo, not sure how much damage it does. When they are just blocking low I use 2,1,3 and if they are blocking high I use b3,1,2. When people get aggressive and jump at me a lot I like to use bicycle kick or parry depending on how much time I have. Low fireballs are good but against good ranging characters I like to dash and block to advance. Jumping with Liu Kang often leaves me vulnerable and doesn't accomplish much for me. I try to be really aggressive but sitting back and countering their combos works just fine for me too. Hope this helps, sorry for it being such a long post.
Btw, my PSN is O_O-_-_-_-_-_-3 if anyone is interested. Pretty crappy gamertag lol

The Blacktastic

OBS Supporter
Sorry it's been a really long while, guys. But I just updated everyone who contributed their gamertag, so things should be good now. Lol.

Bluez

~ Rialt1 PrimE ~
I'm still new to Liu but I really feel like I found my niche with him. So getting together with some of you guys to learn and practice would be awesome, so hmu.

-Bluez
XBL: LiquidSwordz724
Time: Sat, Sun, Mon

Lou Kang

Noob
k well im heading hom for thanksgiving tomorrow and i wont be able to add u till then....havent played in over a month since i left for school so ill be a little rusty..its all good tho