What's new

Liu Kang Frame Data

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
the recovery frames for 2 is more than 1, indeed 1 is faster in terms of recovery but 2 is far superior as an anti air... 1 is really good when it comes to really up close anti air... 2 AA is an under estimated anti air by allot of players..

Somberness

Lights
Somberness
I was wondering when you were going to finish this. (not to be rude...)
Well really I was just wondering if 1 recovered faster than 2. It sorta feels like it does, but don't take my word for it.
I've just been curious if 1 is better than 2 for an AA.
Dunno, finishing Sektor next.
And apparently my alerts don't always work.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
the recovery frames for 2 is more than 1, indeed 1 is faster in terms of recovery but 2 is far superior as an anti air... 1 is really good when it comes to really up close anti air... 2 AA is an under estimated anti air by allot of players..
Sweet! I've never tried to do an AA aside from DS 1. So 2 works better than 1 eh? That's always good to know.

Dunno, finishing Sektor next.
And apparently my alerts don't always work.
:(

Icy X

Noob
Im curious about some thing.... Say you do f+2,4~ hfb, and the f+2,4 are blocked but the hfb hits, that leaves you at a +10 advantage? So that enables you to do 213 for free in that situation? or does that not work how I'm thinking for some reason?

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I don't know if this has been posted already either here or in thread Osu 16 Bit's made.

Liu's b3 2 has random frame advantage. I was wondering why it seemed I was never able to poke out and tested on the lab to verify.

If this is (very) old news, my apologies.

Icy X

Noob
Im curious about some thing.... Say you do f+2,4~ hfb, and the f+2,4 are blocked but the hfb hits, that leaves you at a +10 advantage? So that enables you to do 213 for free in that situation? or does that not work how I'm thinking for some reason?
I got around to testing this and found that the high fireball knocks back to far to work how I imagined. However it may work in the corner? I tried testing that but had inconsistent results. Can anyone confirm if it does work in the corner or not?

Somberness

Lights
It would be +9, if there was no push back on the previous move.
I don't know if this has been posted already either here or in thread Osu 16 Bit's made.

Liu's b3 2 has random frame advantage. I was wondering why it seemed I was never able to poke out and tested on the lab to verify.

If this is (very) old news, my apologies.
You can cancel the standing animation with an attack, it only affects jumping from crouch.

Somberness Do you happen to know what the frame data is for Liu's instant air fire ball on block? I was wondering if the character is right in front of me and they block my instant air fire ball, am I at advantage when I land or disadvantage?

Edit: NVM I just saw where it says high fireball (air) -0

It's around 0. I did an air fireball on the 6th frame of a neutral jump (5 is the minimum) and got -1. Here's what it looks like: http://i.imgur.com/pVfjD.jpg
Thanks for clearing that up for me. Also, is it just me or is easier to start the first IAF from a crouching position? I noticed if I try doing the first IAF from neutral, it always whiffs over their head by just a hair, but if I start it from crouching position its alot easier to get a head shot every time.

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
easier on stick foo!! but regardless if you get the timing correct it doesn't necessarily mean its easier, probably the crouch position has little leverage on getting those fireballs down to perfection.... up then back shoot forward will be a headshot every time... neutral AIF is waay easier than u+b then f lp....

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
So Krys9984 and I are doing a video for Jade on when to EN Glow during block strings. What strings for Liu Kang do you know FOR SURE have gaps? We actually couldn't glow in between any.... Somberness anyone?

AssassiN

Noob
Damn, for real? Well fuck me!
Well, he has 2 strings where there is a 1 frame hole.
Good luck with that and it's strings that a Liu Kang player never uses.
11'2(-22 on block)
12'B2(0 on block, is a launcher but the first 2 hits are really high)
( ' is where the hole is)

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
What I have noticed when doing the jump test in training is that when the opponent is blocking low. Like from B312, F4, B2B3. If they try to jump too early they won't jump and will be stuck in a block animation for a lot longer. I have tested this on those three strings and they will get the "frame advantage". I don't know if it's triggered randomly or by an error on the opponents part. I also don't if this just applies to jumping or does it apply to pokes, special moves, etc.

redeyes
Squeaker101
AssassiN[be]