What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang Dragon's Fire & Flame Fist General Discussion

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
Was just sitting around in practice messing with the fbc meterless combos and I realized you can delay the bicycle kick out of bf2 to make it land on ducking opponents... If that's been mentioned, and I'm sure it has, then I need to visit these forums more.
Guna make block pressure a lot easier.

Wrath0594

Steam profile: 76561198102032134
I told you this already lol, no one believes me. You cannot neutral duck that pressure.
You said "if you cancel early enough" which is the opposite! During our match I tried mashing rt, and was like "See! Nothing!". Either way it's sweet. These fbc meterless combos are really nice too. I guess there's no reason to do f44 bk, when you can just combo on hit and pressure on block.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Are you fucking kidding me? I've been using Liu Kang since the start and I never noticed that the flame fist buff boosts his fireballs from 7.00 to 10.50.

LavaG

Representing Gamers Republic GH
I cant believe the liu kang forums are so quiet, that dragon fire variation is nearly overpowered if use all his tools. @myp_ryon plays liu kang like he's on steroids.

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
I cant believe the liu kang forums are so quiet, that dragon fire variation is nearly overpowered if use all his tools. @myp_ryon plays liu kang like he's on steroids.
Wouldn't say overpowered but he is good no doubt about that in dragon's fire variation. Those fireball cancels are awesome in that variation.

LavaG

Wouldn't say overpowered but he is good no doubt about that in dragon's fire variation. Those fireball cancels are awesome in that variation.
Yh, one of the most difficult things to defend against when blocking imo

LavaG

Can anyone educate me on the frame advantage on all his cancels, or please direct me to read if its already been mentioned in any of the forums:)

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
Yh, one of the most difficult things to defend against when blocking imo
Yeah very strong and most viable variation he has. The game still young and a lot to be discovered with this character.

I think the frame advantage on cancels have been mentioned in the Liu Kang dragon's fire breakdown thread. Though not sure exactly on all string exact frame advantage but ones that give frame advantage are 112, F44, B12, B1, B3, B34, 4, F1, F2, F3, and F213. F213 I believe gives the most block advantage with at least +15 frame advantage on block.

AssassiN

Noob
Yeah very strong and most viable variation he has. The game still young and a lot to be discovered with this character.

I think the frame advantage on cancels have been mentioned in the Liu Kang dragon's fire breakdown thread. Though not sure exactly on all string exact frame advantage but ones that give frame advantage are 112, F44, B12, B1, B3, B34, 4, F1, F2, F3, and F213. F213 I believe gives the most block advantage with at least +15 frame advantage on block.
If you mean +, there are a lot of strings in there that are negative.

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
If you mean +, there are a lot of strings in there that are negative.
You are definitely right. Was looking at Curbolicious's thread and re looked at it but still 112, f213, b3, b34, f44, and b33 give advantage on block. Maybe f3 as well.

AssassiN

Noob
You are definitely right. Was looking at Curbolicious's thread and re looked at it but still 112, f213, b3, b34, f44, and b33 give advantage on block. Maybe f3 as well.
F3 is very negative on block. On hit you have plenty of time to confirm into 113.
The only strings I use for FBC are: F213, F44, B1, B12 and F3. 112 only for punishes.

Ralenzo

Noob
Those strings are + on block when canceling the last hit into a fireball, but are we talking about dash cancel, or run cancel?
If run cancel, are there any dash cancels that gives u advantage on block?

First ill breakdown on what normals and special moves that could help liu kang get better and make him more viable.

b124 should be special cancelable
2b2 should be special cancelable
f123 should be special cancelable
22 overhead starter? the second 2 should come out 2 frames slower if it causes ground bounce so more people can see it.
d2 active frames should be 10 frames (up from 5) recovery should be 15 frames (down from 37)
f21 should be 0 on block (up from -3)
f444 should be 0 on block (up from -2) the last normal can already be ducked armored and so on to punish him. 0 would not change this.
f3 startup should be 12 frames (down from 12) active for 4 frames (up from 2) recovery 18 frames (down from 23)
double dragon kick to mb bicycle kick should be +3 on block so the liu kang can somewhat keep pressure for spending a meter.
d3 startup should be 10 frames (down from 12) active 3 frames (up from 1) recovery stays the same.
f2 recovery should be 14 frames (down from 20)
Fixes:
dragon's roar should hit low profilers since it is a mid attack. Does not make sense when something is a mid but you can low profile it.
This is just my opinion on not trying to buff the character to become the best but it would improve him a lot since he does not technically have a overhead starter that gives him a true mixup game. It will improve on his pressure game and anti air game. Which is 2 things a character should have if he does not have a 50-50 game. Right now it is hard to try and overwhelm someone with liu kang when you could do what liu kang is supposed to do with kung lao

Can anyone educate me on the frame advantage on all his cancels, or please direct me to read if its already been mentioned in any of the forums:)
Assuming you already know about f213 being +900, the only ones you need to know are b34 and f44 because they are both at least +10 so they jail into a f213,frc and from there you have to guess either a throw b2 or low if the liu player can get two cancels with full stamina.

Is dragon's fire variation better than flame fists? Or is it the other way around
I've heard mixed opinions, but for the most part people play Dragon's Fire. Nonetheless, it doesn't matter which one is "better" but rather which one fits your play style more. A lot of people like flame fist because they like the parry

On another note, what are you guys pressing after a blocks db2 meter burned into bicycle kicks? I normally do 113 at the beginning of the match/set to stop them from pressing a button, then start going for f213 pressure later on. I imagine I could be low poked though