What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang Liu Kang Dragon's Fire & Flame Fist General Discussion

Mpizz10

Liu Kang and The Flash mains
Haven't got the patch yet so im milking for one last time these fbrc combos online against noobs lol they always let go of block at the wrong times

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Yes you can link f44 fbrc into f44. All his hit confirms still work, you just have to adjust your timing.

@Black Chapters Thank you for making that flame fist video. I just wanted to know how you are able to connect f12 after db2? I always seem to be too late. Also I'm trying to hit f12 after doing f213 xx exdd1 and Cassie seems to be able to power flip right as I hit her with f1. Am I doing something wrong?

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
@Black Chapters Thank you for making that flame fist video. I just wanted to know how you are able to connect f12 after db2? I always seem to be too late. Also I'm trying to hit f12 after doing f213 xx exdd1 and Cassie seems to be able to power flip right as I hit her with f1. Am I doing something wrong?

both are very tight, Cass has a joke hitbox, that's why I practice on her.

Dragon's Roar needs to be done around the height of the Windmill Flurry ending, once you get that, f12 after Shoalin-Ferno is harder, other than constantly repeating it in training, I can say to try to hit f12 right after you hear the clap of Shoalin-Ferno

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
I made a video for people who still doubts F213 FBRC F213 viability.

Has anyone tried this one PC? I can get F213 FBRC F12 to jail, but not F213 FBRC F213. I'm comparing videos and my stamina bar doesn't go down further than it should, and I'm pretty sure I'm canceling the fireball as soon as possible (I'm actually missing it a lot trying because I'm canceling it too fast.)

I'm at a bit of a loss. I know I'm on the right hotfix because the Tanya shroud into throw is doing 16%.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Has anyone tried this one PC? I can get F213 FBRC F12 to jail, but not F213 FBRC F213. I'm comparing videos and my stamina bar doesn't go down further than it should, and I'm pretty sure I'm canceling the fireball as soon as possible (I'm actually missing it a lot trying because I'm canceling it too fast.)

I'm at a bit of a loss. I know I'm on the right hotfix because the Tanya shroud into throw is doing 16%.
f+2,1,3, FBRC, f+2,1,3, FBRC, f+2,1, FBRC is an uninterruptible loop when executed properly, similarly to pre-patch Scorpion's 2,1,4, FBRC loop.

Enexemander

f+2,1,3, FBRC, f+2,1,3, FBRC, f+2,1, FBRC is an uninterruptible loop when executed properly, similarly to pre-patch Scorpion's 2,1,4, FBRC loop.
Yeah, I know it should definitely work. But I can't seem to get it to work on PC. I wish I had a PS4 or Xbox 1 to compare it to.

I'm setting my opponent as Sub-Zero, putting him on stand block with dash-backwards as the reversal. F213-FBRC-F213 gets him a backdash every time. F213-FBRC-F12 jails. I know F213-FBRC-F213 is a tighter link. I just can't see where my execution error would be, and at this point I'm wondering if PC just has a faulty patch.

If the execution is just off and it's on me, great. That's what I want. But I also don't want to grind this out for even more hours just for it to be impossible due to a patching error.

Enexemander

Also, inputting a perfect sequence of F213-BF1 should never throw out a low fireball. It's not a thing that should happen, but it does if you do it too fast. Which is so goddamn annoying.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
guys since the new patch is out his fbf 4 (flame fist) seems to hit entirely on coruch blocking opponents(cassie) :D
and f213 dd1 ex f213 is not a true block string anymore :/

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
guys since the new patch is out his fbf 4 (flame fist) seems to hit entirely on coruch blocking opponents(cassie) :D
and f213 dd1 ex f213 is not a true block string anymore :/
It still has some whiffing issues against a few characters, and at least f213 ex shaolin flame b12 beats nearly all armour anyway.