What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragons Fire Liu Kang corner block trap

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
People said Quan shouldn't have had a faster D1 to avoid infinites against him and they should have just nerfed Liu Kang's pressure instead to prevent characters from being almost infinitely locked down.

Now people are saying buff takedas normals so he can poke out rather than nerfing Liu Kang as it isn't fair.

Make your mind up TYM.
Not really fair to assume the same people are in both discussions.

And quan getting a d1 and takeda getting a d1 are two different situations.

Plus the sides of both arguments are different. Quan mains want the d1 buff. LK mains don't want the mb kick nerf.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Not really fair to assume the same people are in both discussions.

And quan getting a d1 and takeda getting a d1 are two different situations.

Plus the sides of both arguments are different. Quan mains want the d1 buff. LK mains don't want the mb kick nerf.
If you were on my Twitter when the d1 was buffed you wouldn't be saying that.

I had tons of people down my throat about how Liu Should have been nerfed instead of Quan being buffed. Of course they're different characters, but the absolute general principle is the same.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
It wasn't meant for anything but an elucidation. Everyone is clamoring for nerfs because frankly, you don't play Liu Kang. You don't know what his weaknesses are, and when presented with some of his strengths, you lose your minds. People start randomly naming off nerfs that will lower him even further relative to 86% or so of the cast in DF, and likely kill a variation or two of Liu's in the process.

You have no perspective. So why not just start reflecting those proposed nerfs onto your own mains? What would the effect be of making Johnny's EX fireball's neutral or minus? How would I feel about my mid-hitting string becoming a high? Etc.

Let's fight shortsightedness with a little introspection, shall we?

And if certain characters need help to have the same options, at minimum, as the rest of the cast by God give it to them. Do you think nerfing Liu to shit is going to make the game fair for Kenshi? Ask @Pig Of The Hut what he thinks about it. What we've got here is a Marcellus Wallace situation. He's getting fucked in the ass by a gang of hillbillies here, brothers and sisters. Is shrinking the dick of the man fucking him an inch or two an answer to his predicament? Or should we unshackle the chains, pop the ball-gag out of his mouth, and give the poor bastard the means to fight back? Not just this inbred rapist, but ALL inbred rapists? (AKA the entire MKX roster).

No sir, say most of you, that's a bridge too far! We need to whack off a good inch of Liu's dick. That'll make things fair! Wouldn't want Kenshi to start posing a problem to OUR mains, now would we?

Hypocrites.

I've had too much to drink, and I don't really give a fuck anyway because I stopped taking this game seriously after the Kano buff-nerf-nerf fiasco, but still the imagery is fun and I do love Pulp Fiction.
i know its late, but this was an awesome analogy

Don't sleep on Takeda. Very strong character, even offline.
I know but I mean offline he can't keep escaping my pressure or do d3 into f1 on block like he can online because it's full combo punishable. I just mean Liu kang can easily stick to him offline continuously but st9rms takeda is very very good

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Yet we have to execute frame perfect FBRC, frame perfect b12, get you to the corner, and get you to have no meter for this block trap to be relevant. DO NOT say "humans are not robots" when the same can be said about our execution requirements. If we are not allowed to say it, you can't say it and Tom Brady can't say it.

:REO
Frame perfect FBRC? Which one? You have at least a 3f window for the block string.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Yet we have to execute frame perfect FBRC, frame perfect b12, get you to the corner, and get you to have no meter for this block trap to be relevant. DO NOT say "humans are not robots" when the same can be said about our execution requirements. If we are not allowed to say it, you can't say it and Tom Brady can't say it.
well, i have the right to say "humans are not robots", cause it's fact, and it's not like if you dont get you're frame perfect fbrc i'll punish it regardless, cause im taking risks by pressing buttons on a blockstring (risks that i should not take mostly), while you only risk what? a trade?

we can talk about frame perfect / high execution stuff and whatever, but dont act like liu and his opponent are both in the same situation. or even justify his stuff by simply saying "well, it's high execution stuff, so it's fine"

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
If you were on my Twitter when the d1 was buffed you wouldn't be saying that.

I had tons of people down my throat about how Liu Should have been nerfed instead of Quan being buffed. Of course they're different characters, but the absolute general principle is the same.
I wouldn't carry twitter beef over to other websites if I was you lol. I wouldn't even care about twitter arguments.

What absolute general principle exactly?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Frame perfect FBRC? Which one? You have at least a 3f window for the block string.
yes 3 frames if FB is run cancelled on the first available frame AND the follow up string is inputted on the first available frame. There are two places for frames to drop and even if you drop 1-2 frame in one or the other you risk not having the link at all. The problem with theory frighting (i'm guilty of this too sometimes) is that the whole big picture is looked at through one keyhole.

I have to cancel my fireball AND cancel my run. It is not just one cancel as many people think and the room for error is large enough to warrant my post. Don't let me forget to mention that Tom Brady's videos were based on the assumption that if Liu Kang does a frame perfect b12 after FK mb, certain characters can't get out. frame perfect is frame perfect regardless if your being offensive or defensive.

well, i have the right to say "humans are not robots", cause it's fact, and it's not like if you dont get you're frame perfect fbrc i'll punish it regardless, cause im taking risks by pressing buttons on a blockstring (risks that i should not take mostly), while you only risk what? a trade?

we can talk about frame perfect / high execution stuff and whatever, but dont act like liu and his opponent are both in the same situation. or even justify his stuff by simply saying "well, it's high execution stuff, so it's fine"
Like I already said like 5 fucking times...If I'm not allowed to say that the execution is high and I might fuck up, you are not allowed to say I can't poke because I might mess up. This is MKX we are playing and its an offensive juggernaut of a game. It favors the aggressor. If you have a window to get out, make the read and use it instead of telling me its not worth it because you only have a frame or 2 and its risky. If you make me mess up my high execution offense because you made a high execution read, you have effectively changed the meta (slow clap) and the situation resets itself.

I am NOT saying that Liu's offense isn't good or that its always fair against every character. I'm also not saying Liu has blaring weaknesses that warrant such a high powered offense. What I am saying is...stop saying its an infinite, call it what it is, use the holes you have, and play the game you have and the game we know is not changing for like 3-4 more months.

We can pick up the argument when we know the DLC launch dates. For now can all you people just stop making this seem like something its not?

Its not an infinite!

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Not buffing a character to escape liu and nerfing liu instead.
Oh well balance can't be achieved through absolute general principles. So I don't really see a problem in different opinions on similar balance issues. Even if the differing opinions are coming from the same people. I'd rather that than everyone agreeing on one thing because they agreed before

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
yes 3 frames if FB is run cancelled on the first available frame AND the follow up string is inputted on the first available frame. There are two places for frames to drop and even if you drop 1-2 frame in one or the other you risk not having the link at all. The problem with theory frighting (i'm guilty of this too sometimes) is that the whole big picture is looked at through one keyhole.

I have to cancel my fireball AND cancel my run. It is not just one cancel as many people think and the room for error is large enough to warrant my post. Don't let me forget to mention that Tom Brady's videos were based on the assumption that if Liu Kang does a frame perfect b12 after FK mb, certain characters can't get out. frame perfect is frame perfect regardless if your being offensive or defensive.

Like I already said like 5 fucking times...If I'm not allowed to say that the execution is high and I might fuck up, you are not allowed to say I can't poke because I might mess up. This is MKX we are playing and its an offensive juggernaut of a game. It favors the aggressor. If you have a window to get out, make the read and use it instead of telling me its not worth it because you only have a frame or 2 and its risky. If you make me mess up my high execution offense because you made a high execution read, you have effectively changed the meta (slow clap) and the situation resets itself.

I am NOT saying that Liu's offense isn't good or that its always fair against every character. I'm also not saying Liu has blaring weaknesses that warrant such a high powered offense. What I am saying is...stop saying its an infinite, call it what it is, use the holes you have, and play the game you have and the game we know is not changing for like 3-4 more months.

We can pick up the argument when we know the DLC launch dates. For now can all you people just stop making this seem like something its not?

Its not an infinite!
so you're basically telling me to make an hard read based on "he might fuck up his cancel", and then take the hit, give you oki pressure, or worst, give you a full combo?

if i fuck up the read, i risk all this things

if you fuck up the cancel what do you risk?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
so you're basically telling me to make an hard read based on "he might fuck up his cancel", and then take the hit, give you oki pressure, or worst, give you a full combo?

if i fuck up the read, i risk all this things

if you fuck up the cancel what do you risk?
No that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying learn the holes and your character specific way to escape, use them, change the meta. Make me stop to block.

Liu Kang risks the same things. That you just mentioned.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
No that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying learn the holes and your character specific way to escape, use them, change the meta. Make me stop to block.

Liu Kang risks the same things. That you just mentioned.
then i must be a fool not trying to press buttons on a blockstring, or making a read based on the game you're playing and not on your execution skill.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Not defending it or attacking it but if true block string f213 fb run cancels are really three frame links, they are by far the hardest three frame link I have ever tried in any fighting game. I can do SF4 one frame links without plinking much, much more consistently than getting this reliably.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
then i must be a fool not trying to press buttons on a blockstring, or making a read based on the game you're playing and not on your execution skill.
your not a fool but you might have listened to closely to the propaganda being spread by some players on here. Reality is, this is not an infinite and you can get out if you put in the effort to learn your opportunities.

If you play kenshi then I feel bad cause its a legit problem if you let him get his offense going...but even then its not an infinite. :)

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Not defending it or attacking it but if true block string f213 fb run cancels are really three frame links, they are by far the hardest three frame link I have ever tried in any fighting game. I can do SF4 one frame links without plinking much, much more consistently than getting this reliably.
There is a reason why pro SF players plink. 1 frame links are tough...doable but tough. Any advantage to make them land more consistently should be taken but unfortunately that doesn't exist in MK. All that means is that you will inevitably have an execution error.

Did you know that if I try to cancel my FB 1 frame too early then I just sit there and hold the FB or actually throw it at you? On block that FB is -25.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
There is a reason why pro SF players plink. 1 frame links are tough...doable but tough. Any advantage to make them land more consistently should be taken but unfortunately that doesn't exist in MK. All that means is that you will inevitably have an execution error.

Did you know that if I try to cancel my FB 1 frame too early then I just sit there and hold the FB or actually throw it at you? On block that FB is -25.
I legit can't remember the last time Xarakamaka messed up and got a fireball on block, and this is online too. So it's in the realms of possibility.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.

I legit can't remember the last time Xarakamaka messed up and got a fireball on block, and this is online too. So it's in the realms of possibility.
Murk is pretty sick with the cancels too. I actually messaged him "so when is it my turn?" Or something along those lines. I played MoS Raiden and SG Kotal that time. Idk if I played cassie that day. The most problematic thing was figuring out how to get around the fireballs that didn't lead to him touching me. Just not a fun time with either of those characters. This is online too so even if he was a frame off, no way I could tell and it's a toss up if my poke works.

@EMPR_MURK actually can you play today?

Murk is pretty sick with the cancels too. I actually messaged him "so when is it my turn?" Or something along those lines. I played MoS Raiden and SG Kotal that time. Idk if I played cassie that day. The most problematic thing was figuring out how to get around the fireballs that didn't lead to him touching me. Just not a fun time with either of those characters. This is online too so even if he was a frame off, no way I could tell and it's a toss up if my poke works.

Yea man im getting on now. Just got back in a few min ago.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

So we are robots? So you should be able to poke out of the window you have. Glad we figured this out.