What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragons Fire Liu Kang corner block trap

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
go back up the page and re read my post where i clearly say run cancels, not dd style cancels like tanya/pred/tremors shatter, run cancels.

but if you really wanna have that talk loop jailing ex stone punch cancels back to back with no error then we can have that chat about execution.

what is this?? online ranked???

i didnt say ANYTHING about infinites.
i didnt say ANYTHING about changing to +5 or +6
i didnt say ANYTHING about how much you do or dont know vs any one else
i commented about that you saying if they touched his fb cancels at all in any way shape or form the character is instant bottom 5 was dumb, IMO, nothing more.
so put your butthurt epenis back in your panties cause im really not arsed trying to engage in a conversation were im having to defend points i didnt even make, have a nice day.
What's the exact scenario for those ex stone rc. I will go practice cause I have yet to find something as difficult as consistent f44 fbrc f44

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
After this thread, I legit have lost a lot of faith in people's understanding of this game.

LOL KUNG LAO LOST HIS +27, so plz give him faster pokes NRS.
I feel the same way about you not understanding that Lao is #1 in this game, wins dozens of majors, is multiple in top 8s, and your half the reason for this!!!

Lao is the best character in the game for more reasons than his plus frames where Kang is top tier ONLY because of his plus frames. If you take away Kang's plus frames you end up with dualist...is that what you want?

I feel the same way about you not understanding that Lao is #1 in this game, wins dozens of majors, is multiple in top 8s, and your half the reason for this!!!

Lao is the best character in the game for more reasons than his plus frames where Kang is top tier ONLY because of his plus frames. If you take away Kang's plus frames you end up with dualist...is that what you want?
Fly just remember...

#feds

Everyone seems to think we have good air to airs, good advancing normals, overhead starter, no hit box problems with all of our major strings, a combo launching armour move, good antiairs, fast pokes and Ppl also need to realise if you change or delay his fbrcs then all of Liu kangs COMBOS will not link or work either. Doing 11% chip damage is not the issue here it's the being plus after the fk on block. Also I'll say yet again if you kill his fbrcs then he will still have the godlike pressure on those other characters because after the fk mb. Also lius mix ups will YET AGAIN be changed and for the THIRD TIME have to relearn all of him over again which is totally unfair seeing as the fb rcs ARENT THE PROBLEM!!!

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
What's the exact scenario for those ex stone rc. I will go practice cause I have yet to find something as difficult as consistent f44 fbrc f44
jail f121~ex stone punch run cancel f121~ex stone punch run cancel f121.

if you dont get the both cancels tight enough you cant cancel a normal off the 2nd ex stone punch and will get the red flash on your stamina bar

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
jail f121~ex stone punch run cancel f121~ex stone punch run cancel f121.

if you dont get the both cancels tight enough you cant cancel a normal off the 2nd ex stone punch and will get the red flash on your stamina bar
yea that's hard as balls. Respect to you if you can do that consistently.

What were we arguing about again?

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
For those talking about execution - I don't play lk and it took me about 1.5 hours to get them down into "comfortable" muscle memory to where, when I record in training mode, I can't escape my own shenanigans w SR . Plus, I intentionally left some non frame perfect . Outcome is still the same. i even tried instant xray and that worked like 2 in 6 tries.

Then, I went online testing this out , and holy shit nightwing , I can see why you'll don't want this adjusted , lol, i could also bet that my online my pressure was prob sloppy as hell. Still, it didnt matter. And all that free armor breaking just about gave me a chubby lol . Even at times when I dropped a cancel and tossed a fireball, rarely ever was there a punish in time. Unless i was just completely outclassed ( ppl who would still best me using my main) it's pretty much Lks turn every single time, ......all the time. .......
i get in , F U, pay me,
but we trade, F U , pay me
oh is that armor, F U pay me
@YOMI Zyphox leaving takeda for LK was like Anakin going to the dark side- maybe it wasnt right, but deep down... we understood. lol

and all this is online .. @xarakamaka made a point that offline he is even more godlike .. a few more months and we will see just as many LKs as KLs , kitanas, and kotals combined.

though honestly, even after the samplig the taste of power, don't get how some say that even altering this, even ever so slightly, will "destroy" him. maybe its my lack of LK knowledge but, IN MY EYES , his zoning is still strong and his neutral is average (or slightly above depending on the match up ) so doing the right adjustment won't kill him . i think that's going a bit overboard . theres a few matches were i soley contested my opponent in neutral to see how LK fared. im def no LK player, and i still did fairly well doing fundamental footsies and baits. ( and basic YT bnbs - dont kill me ;) ) i think i even got called a LK scrub (pogchamp?) for playing this way.

but this is something to say- myself , with little (playing as ) LK knowledge im able to reproduce this pressure somewhat to where i can still compete online and when i did try playing LK in neutral im still able to take games refraining from using his relentless pressure.. this is with a less that 6 hour LK. you guys that main him and play him every day are 100Xs better than myself and know this character through and though. im pretty sure numerous of you all could still take just as many games having to make a few more reads per match. a lot are assuming he wil be dead after this, but i have to say that most, including myself, dont see it. wil he drop down a few pegs, most likely, but i bet that it wont take long for him to climb back up to his spot again for those that push him.

like i said i dont know what the best option is out there to adjust this but it should be looked it .
But what ever, yall want to give takeda and other characters a buff - i dont think we need it, but why am i complaining . ill take it. i t wont do anything but help me pretty much across all match ups. do that or/and make block breakers less expensive. ( im not giving up on this)

but C'est la vie- if this is adjusted or not- Takeda till i die. ( MGK voice)

Last edited:
For those talking about execution - I don't play lk and it took me about 1.5 hours to get them down into "comfortable" muscle memory to where, when I record in training mode, I can't escape my own shenanigans w SR . Plus, I intentionally left some non frame perfect . Outcome is still the same. i even tried instant xray and that worked like 2 in 6 tries.

Then, I went online testing this out , and holy shit nightwing , I can see why you'll don't want this adjusted , lol, i could also bet that my online my pressure was prob sloppy as hell. Still, it didnt matter. And all that free armor breaking just about gave me a chubby lol . Even at times when I dropped a cancel and tossed a fireball, rarely ever was there a punish in time. Unless i was just completely outclassed ( ppl who would still best me using my main) it's pretty much Lks turn every single time, ......all the time. .......
i get in , F U, pay me,
@YOMI Zyphox leaving takeda for LK was like Anakin going to the dark side- maybe it wasnt right, but deep down... we understood. lol

and all this is online .. @xarakamaka made a point that offline he is even more godlike .. a few more months and we will see just as many LKs and KLs , kitanas, and kotals combined.

though honestly, even after the samplig the taste of power, don't get how some say that even altering this, even ever so slightly, will "destroy" him. maybe its my lack of LK knowledge but, IN MY EYES , his zoning is still strong and his neutral is average (or slightly above depending on the match up ) so doing the right adjustment won't kill him . i think that's going a bit overboard . theres a few matches were i soley contested my opponent in neutral to see how LK fared. im def no LK player, and i still did fairly well doing fundamental footsies and baits. ( and basic YT bnbs - dont kill me ;) ) i think i even got called a LK scrub (pogchamp?) for playing this way.

but this is something to say- myself , with little (playing as ) LK knowledge im able to reproduce this pressure somewhat to where i can still compete online and when i did try playing LK in neutral im still able to take games refraining from using his relentless pressure.. this is with a less that 6 hour LK. you guys that main him and play him every day are 100Xs better than myself and know this character through and though. ij pretty sure numrous of you all could still take just as many games having to make a few more reads per match. a lot are assuming he wil be dead after this, but i have to say that most, including myself, dont see it. wil he drop down a few pegs, most likely, but i bet that it wont take long for him to climb back up to his spot again for those that push him.

like i said i dont know what the best option is out there to adjust this but it should be looked it .
But what ever, yall want to give takeda and other characters a buff - i dont think we need it, but why am i complaining . ill take it. i t wont do anything but help me pretty much across all match ups. do that or/and make block breakers less expensive. ( im not giving up on this)

That's the thing it took u 1.5 hrs to get f213 fb TV into f21 that's child's play , that the most simple and basic cancel he has a lot more than that watch my archived streams , he takes a lot more skill to do a lot of his other fireball run cancels with just frame and 1 frame links off his other string cancels. It will affect all of his mixups and combos and make his pressure garbage .read my previous post of what he lacks, why would anyone ever bother destroying Liu kang the only issue is him being plus 2 after MB fk . The run cancels aren't the problem lol he NEEDS them, take them away and look at how much better other characters are lol

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
That's the thing it took u 1.5 hrs to get f213 fb TV into f21 that's child's play , that the most simple and basic cancel he has a lot more than that watch my archived streams , he takes a lot more skill to do a lot of his other fireball run cancels with just frame and 1 frame links off his other string cancels. It will affect all of his mixups and combos and make his pressure garbage .read my previous post of what he lacks, why would anyone ever bother destroying Liu kang the only issue is him being plus 2 after MB fk . The run cancels aren't the problem lol he NEEDS them, take them away and look at how much better other characters are lol

i wasnt just talking about that one- i was talking about all those ones i see people doing.. everything that normally pretty much locks me down.. my mistake if i made it seem like that one only. like i said- i dont know much about playing as LK so im only replicating. and having not ever personally taking kang into practice mode before this it took me about 1.5 hours to get to were i was "comfortable" with this that you mentioned above .. and i use comfortable as i can get results in a real match cause doing these in practice mode is a lot different.

but also what you said is in my point as well.. i dont know what is needed to adjust this .. even among you LK players there are numerous ideas on how to fix it. one of those have to be the correct one that will work .. but we wont know if everyone is set on just change the other characters first or go on the super defensive when its mentioned something has to be adjusted

all in all this is a game and its meant to be fun-- SR dealing with that with his only options being take the hit , hope you have meter to useless block breaker, or hope you can instant xray is not really fun. if i didnt play takeda, EVERY person who i knew who pick him, i would just pick counter pick DF kang.. all day every day ..

@st9rm told you that hes gonna lab this up as much as he can and then topple you and you said that - theres no way.. basically even though he played great - online lag is what saved him.. where is the fun in that?

dont get me wrong ., im not doubting the facts about LK you stated, your option just might be one of the best... im just saying that whatever needs to be adjust with LK should come first before just saying give out random Buffs to other characters or that ANY adjustment would kill him.

oh and i wasnt calling you out when i tagged you in that message above- it was more about what you said with how strong this can be offline so once others start to mimic this pressure, i see a big flux in LK players coming

Last edited:

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

i get in , F U, pay me,

and all this is online .. @xarakamaka made a point that offline he is even more godlike .. a few more months and we will see just as many LKs as KLs , kitanas, and kotals combined.

but this is something to say- myself , with little (playing as ) LK knowledge im able to reproduce this pressure somewhat to where i can still compete online and when i did try playing LK in neutral im still able to take games refraining from using his relentless pressure.. this is with a less that 6 hour LK. you guys that main him and play him every day are 100Xs better than myself and know this character through and though. im pretty sure numerous of you all could still take just as many games having to make a few more reads per match. a lot are assuming he wil be dead after this, but i have to say that most, including myself, dont see it. wil he drop down a few pegs, most likely, but i bet that it wont take long for him to climb back up to his spot again for those that push him.

the funny thing is that he will probably remain the same.

I used to think the same about Lao when I didn't play the character and I didn't know the MU, now that I main him I feel comfortable in the mirror match online. I've been improving my ground game, footsies, pretty much knowing when to press a button. Basically I'm learning how the game actually works and now I feel like I can do good with any character in game if I put the time into them.
Don't get me wrong Kung Lao is still good but I'm confident there are at least 6, 7 characters that are better than him in the cast, I don't go with the yomi tier list BTW that had Shinnok outside of top 10 and then magically becoming top 1 when WoundCowboy showed us how it's done. Love the Yomi boys though :)

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
I used to think the same about Lao when I didn't play the character and I didn't know the MU, now that I main him I feel comfortable in the mirror match online. I've been improving my ground game, footsies, pretty much knowing when to press a button. Basically I'm learning how the game actually works and now I feel like I can do good with any character in game if I put the time into them.
Don't get me wrong Kung Lao is still good but I'm confident there are at least 6, 7 characters that are better than him in the cast, I don't go with the yomi tier list BTW that had Shinnok outside of top 10 and then magically becoming top 1 when WoundCowboy showed us how it's done. Love the Yomi boys though :)

you are about to start a civil war

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -

Also important to note that every "fix" for Liu Kang has hurt Dualist as well. You can bet if Paulo really thinks this is a problem, he'll likely take the easy way out and make F213 worse again.

Simply put- The 4 characters with slow pokes are not Liu Kang's problem. They need an extra frame or two? Fine, give it to them. Liu doesn't need a nerf against the majority of the cast just because of 4 slow ass characters. Most of the whiners in this thread don't even play those characters. They just want an easier match-up, which is all kinds of scrub-level thinking.

Edit- I used to think that Paulo gave slow pokes to certain character archetypes (zoners, mid-level spacers) as a design decision. But then, 6 frame D1 happened on Quan. So now it's obviously not a big deal. Let the slowmos have a frame or two of speed on a poke and let's get on with life.

Last edited:

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Also important to note that every "fix" for Liu Kang has hurt Dualist as well. You can bet if Paulo really thinks this is a problem, he'll likely take the easy way out and make F213 worse again.

Simply put- The 4 characters with slow pokes are not Liu Kang's problem. They need an extra frame or two? Fine, give it to them. Liu doesn't need a nerf against the majority of the cast just because of 4 slow ass characters. Most of the whiners in this thread don't even play those characters. They just want an easier match-up, which is all kinds of scrub-level thinking.

Edit- I used to think that Paulo gave slow pokes to certain character archetypes (zoners, mid-level spacers) as a design decision. But then, 6 frame D1 happened on Quan. So now it's obviously not a big deal. Let the slowmos have a frame or two of speed on a poke and let's get on with life.
in all seriousness, Kenshi has already a fast 8f d1, wich is balanced considering the whole cast, and also he has good armor options... he just needs better whiff recovery and some safe ass string / regular special or whatever, maybe his d3 being a low (it's a mid, lol). Any of the characters that cant poke out after mb fk need a faster normal, but yet again you all want to mess up the general game / cast balance just because you dont want mb fk to be neutral.

you want to balance some characters around Liu Kang? really? that's not how it works in ANY competitive game.

i need to say it again:

you dont balance a cast around a character, you balance a character around the cast.

and for the record, Quan's d1 is not even the issue.

Enexemander

Saying it in bold, italic, or rainbow doesn't make the argument any more convincing.

There's no reason to continue arguing this. It's just the same stuff over and over. You're going to hold it until KP2, and possibly forever. Them's the breaks.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Saying it in bold, italic, or rainbow doesn't make the argument any more convincing.

There's no reason to continue arguing this. It's just the same stuff over and over. You're going to hold it until KP2, and possibly forever. Them's the breaks.
dude, my life wont change that much if nothing happens to liu, i main lao, so im lucky.

I'm just pointing out some stupid stuff i read in this thread. It's not even about Liu anymore, it's the balance logic you guys have that is sooo wrong.

Enexemander

dude, my life wont change that much if nothing happens to liu, i main lao, so im lucky.

I'm just pointing out some stupid stuff i read in this thread. It's not even about Liu anymore, it's the balance logic you guys have that is sooo wrong.
You straight up just said "Don't buff Kenshi. He's plenty fast enough." Implying that the only correct decision is to nerf Liu Kang (again).

That pretty much says it all, right there.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
You straight up just said "Don't buff Kenshi. He's plenty fast enough." Implying that the only correct decision is to nerf Liu Kang (again).

That pretty much says it all, right there.
wrong.

i did say Kenshi has an already fast 8f d1.

i didnt say Kenshi doesnt need buffs, and if you read my post again, i did actually said what kenshi needs buffed. i just said that he doesnt need a faster poke.

read correctly.