What's new

List of the Best Cyrax Players

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Okay, you have a MUCH bigger pool of players, so it's understandable that as a result, there is more competition and more high level players will rise up. But it's a bit unfair to just assume that U.S. players are automatically better than EU players by default. Yeah people can say "their top players dont look as good as our low players", but there's a difference between someone "looking" good and actually being good.

Not trynna start a flame war, but there just seems to be a lot of ignorance coming through. I could almost say that if Japan took this game more seriously, would they end up dominating everyone?

You're right, it's not fair.

The brothers will be in the same city as Tom & PL tonight, right? There's an arcade with setups and a stream. Show us what you got.

Liu_Kang

Noob
I Think in generally US players are better than EU players, because in EU exists more major/causual competitions/tournaments.

More competitions »» More Players »»» Great Players »» Very skilled players

Simple as that.

I think Maxter is the best Cyrax. That guy is fantastic!

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
You're right, it's not fair.

The brothers will be in the same city as Tom & PL tonight, right? There's an arcade with setups and a stream. Show us what you got.
we still havent gone, its still being organised, we said that we MAY be there this weekend and unfortunately we arent. we're getting a bit pissed tbh, we just wanna go already :/

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
personally if someone doesn't take me seriously i don't really care too much, my opinion of the US players won't change from it. Still have respect for all those guys!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
You know what this calls for?

A Hall Of Mirrors Tournament - giant mirror match tournament of epic proportions.
Every fucking Cyrax extraordinaire in existance.
From the US to EU to Japan to Mars to Charlie Sheen's house/
Under one roof.
Last one standing gets the golden grenade.

Someone make this happen. I actually like this debate.

And REYTHEGREAT speaks the truth - dude's Cyrax is no joke.

pherleece

Woolay
I like how this turned from "Best Cyrax" to "We're better than the EU".

Okay, you have a MUCH bigger pool of players, so it's understandable that as a result, there is more competition and more high level players will rise up. But it's a bit unfair to just assume that U.S. players are automatically better than EU players by default. Yeah people can say "their top players dont look as good as our low players", but there's a difference between someone "looking" good and actually being good.

Not trynna start a flame war, but there just seems to be a lot of ignorance coming through.
i dont know if im missing something but no one is saying that the US players are better then the EU players. its just you cant truly compare the two until we go US vs EU.

and for the best US Cyrax player, lets have a cyrax tourny at NEC with all the cyraxs lol

i gotta root for maxter tho!

:EDIT: i noticed Lui_kangs post saying the US is better then EU but i think most ppl dont agree with him

Altaire

Noob
Untill someone else wins a major with Cyrax Mustard is the best, simple as that.
This logic is so goddamn retarded.

Maxter placed third at a major and top four in various other tournaments, but it doesn't count because he didn't technically win? Nevermind how stupid this is, none of you seem to realize that the European players are not strictly comparable to the American players. I can easily look at Mustard's Cyrax and say "Yeah, he does some pretty cool shit", but THE EUROPEAN SCENE IS ANOTHER COMMUNITY ALTOGETHER. There is NO competitive interaction between the North American and European scenes, and until those scenes interact, we will NOT know how the EU and NA players compare.

Do I think Maxter is good? Yeah. Do I think Mustard is good? Yeah. Do I have a concrete opinion as to which of the two is better? No, because I'm not ignorant. Only time will tell, provided the EU players can cross over at some point.

P.S. Just to add one more detail: REO has only taken first place at one major, just recently. I know damn well you wouldn't dare try to say REO isn't a top player just because he hasn't taken first place at more majors.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
That should be the new Cyrax buff. Just let me turn into a shark and let me end it already.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
This is exactly the problem. Honestly, I feel that Maxter placing 2nd at a local with more top players than all of the UK is pretty much the same as getting 1st at a major with only a few guys who are really good. No, it doesn't mean america is better than europe, it means the competition level is much higher here, so winning and placing is more of an accomplishment.

Sorry if im just rehashing. Im in class right now and haven't read all the newer posts.

double edit: clarifying - For all we know, the top 5 European players could beat the top 5 US players. But when you look at accomplishments, it just comes down to numbers. In MK majors, especially recently, no one has an easy pool. Look at how many top players were at Seasons Beatings, then look at how many top players were at any European tournament, and the difference is obvious. Mustard is a great player, but he won't truly gain the top Cyrax spot until he meets our competition.

Trying to choose my words carefully here - UK's competition might be better, and they might not be better, but taking numbers into consideration, they would do more by proving themselves in America.

Death

Noob
Comparing EU MK to US MK is like comparing college football to the NFL. Some players can make the big leagues but most cant.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I vote for my Newly Found Cheap ass Cyrax. IF you havent played it come see me.

#Shameless Self Nomination

BookBurning

Voidwards
A list is Mustard, Maxter and Darth Arma and I'm sure there are many more that I don't know about. They are also in no particular order; I'm sure there are alot more hidden in the woods but until they come out we'll never know. Tournament wins are a gauge but not an absolute, there is too many variables to say who is the best.

J360 can join this list too and is probably already there.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
EU = Glue trap
USA = dash cancels, blacker jax, armor RH canceling rain, triple resets w cyrax, new kitana tech, quan rune trap, JC f3b3 ex ball, evo champion and Tom brady

Lol I'm tipping hat in the eu vs USA war.

D-MyzE

Noob
EU = Glue trap
USA = dash cancels, blacker jax, armor RH canceling rain, triple resets w cyrax, new kitana tech, quan rune trap, JC f3b3 ex ball, evo champion and Tom brady

Lol I'm tipping hat in the eu vs USA war.
What does any of that have to do with good Cyrax players? Might want to get the thread re-named if this is a "OMG US is soo much better than Europe" discussion...

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
What does any of that have to do with good Cyrax players? Might want to get the thread re-named if this is a "OMG US is soo much better than Europe" discussion...
You're right, :(

I got pulled into the troll war lol

D-MyzE

Noob
You're right, :(

I got pulled into the troll war lol

Yeah its tempting lol. In all seriousness though I would consider Mustard, Maxter, Darth Arma as the top Cyrax's. I really want to place Maxter as #1. The only thing bugging me is that Maxter's record is the best but he always uses resets while Mustard doesn't but doesn't have as impressive a record :/ Personally I find Mustard's style more entertaing.