What's new

List of the Best Cyrax Players

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Untill someone else wins a major with Cyrax Mustard is the best, simple as that.
Mustard hasn't once played in a US tournament. How can you say Mustard is the best when he has completely different competition than Cyrax's here like Maxter and DarthArma?

edit: Foxy, how is the EU competition comparable? For all we know, you Mustard and Ketchup could be the best 3 players in the world, but US tournaments have dozens of top-level players to play against while you guys have fewer. Nothing can be said about the skill level by itself until EU meets US, but I don't see how you can argue that the overall competition is the same.

Maxters competiton is about the same as the greeks UFG myself the twins etc etc. We have players on the same level but we're never all in the same place at the same time cause we're all from different countries which sucks. Which is why we cant show it all the time.

IMO I see Arma as a smarter Cyrax player than Maxter. Maxter just seems to win with that character in particular with resets. His Raiden on the other hand is cool.

aw, thanks foxy. I think you're smart too. Your anti-air normals are like no other's!! I want them!

Death

Noob
Maxters competiton is about the same as the greeks UFG myself the twins etc etc. We have players on the same level but we're never all in the same place at the same time cause we're all from different countries which sucks. Which is why we cant show it all the time.

IMO I see Arma as a smarter Cyrax player than Maxter. Maxter just seems to win with that character in particular with resets. His Raiden on the other hand is cool.
cant tell if serious?

Death

Noob
Yeah he's serious most of them euros think maxter is all resets and no substance. Buy hey that's their opinion and they're entitled to it.
*shakes head*

I guess i should go somewhere where not a alot of people play MK and dominate with Mileena and maybe ill be considered the best.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
Yeah he's serious most of them euros think maxter is all resets and no substance. Buy hey that's their opinion and they're entitled to it.
excuse me?

EDIT: you cant take something one person said months ago and then label it as what 'most' of us think.
as for the whole i havent played your best argument, it has to work both ways, by that logic they couldnt be declared better than me as they havent played me either, which is why it's a pointless discussion.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Mustard hasn't once played in a US tournament. How can you say Mustard is the best when he has completely different competition than Cyrax's here like Maxter and DarthArma?.
I love quotes like this. Watch how this works...

How can you say Maxter and DarthArma are the best when they have completely different competition than Cyrax's here like Mustard and Me?

UsedForGlue

*shakes head*

I guess i should go somewhere where not a alot of people play MK and dominate with Mileena and maybe ill be considered the best.
So is it about the number of people playing or is it about the quality people playing?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Both matter. A big part of the reason nobody takes your tournament wins as seriously is that they don't appear to actually be majors. It's the same 5 dudes on top all the time, none of you ever admit how many entrants there were and the crowd always looks like 4 guys.

Crathen

Death is my business
I have to agree with Osu , until EU puts a real major in terms of numbers and quality players we can't be taken superseriously , i know that we have great top players but until we show that off those are just words.

EDIT: i think the most number of players in a EU tournament was like 30?For sure it doesn't reach any US major numbers both in quality and quantity.

UsedForGlue

Both matter. A big part of the reason nobody takes your tournament wins as seriously is that they don't appear to actually be majors. It's the same 5 dudes on top all the time, none of you ever admit how many entrants there were and the crowd always looks like 4 guys.
Are you boiling this all down to that one Tournament TAC?

And that works for the American comp aswell, lately all it has been is Reo and CDjr ripping everyone in half.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Are you boiling this all down to that one Tournament TAC?

No, I'm saying this based on all of them that I've seen. Give us some numbers man. There's a reason we focus so much on number of entrants, besides the continued life of the game. It adds prestige.

Also the fact that Foxy and the brothers are always on top reaches a point where they don't look super badass. It looks like there's no comp.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
And that works for the American comp aswell, lately all it has been is Reo and CDjr ripping everyone in half.

Not really. CD Jr has only won two. Reo has only won Dev. For the first 6 months the winners and different top 8 players has changed a lot, with a few standouts(who look really badass).

Death

Noob
The EU players wont get taken seriously unless theres a big number of players who are high level. At the EU tournaments theres only a handful while in America if you put a tourny together with everyone including the west and east coast the top 30 guys would be stacked. Do they even have 30 entrants for MK tournys in EU??I'm sorry but EU just wont get taken seriously unless they face real competition. It is what it is.

Death

Noob
Not really. CD Jr has only won two. Reo has only won Dev. For the first 6 months the winners and different top 8 players has changed a lot, with a few standouts(who look really badass).
There really isnt. Guys who make top 8 in their tournys over there really dont look that good at all. Theres players here who dont make top 8 who are incredible.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
egl had around 40 to my knowledge, svb had just over 50, everything else averages around 20+ as far as im aware, and most of the time theres a batch of new faces.

im aware america has more numbers, but we get enough to keep it competitive. it doesnt matter if its the same ones getting top 4, as its all about who performs on the day, egl was an example of a top 8 with totally different people.

anyway, there is already a thread for this, eu vs us hype, if you guys want to continue this discussion, do it there,this is the cyrax forum, lol

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Noobe. Hands down. Only reason a lot of you don't have him in AT LEAST top 3 is because he hasn't attended any majors other than PDP (top 16), and CEO (top 8, knocked PerfectLegend into Losers 2-0). It sucks only Florida knows how godlike he is. He'll be at NEC though, and I think this thread will be reopen for discussion.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Flagg

Noob
I like how this turned from "Best Cyrax" to "We're better than the EU".

Okay, you have a MUCH bigger pool of players, so it's understandable that as a result, there is more competition and more high level players will rise up. But it's a bit unfair to just assume that U.S. players are automatically better than EU players by default. Yeah people can say "their top players dont look as good as our low players", but there's a difference between someone "looking" good and actually being good.

Not trynna start a flame war, but there just seems to be a lot of ignorance coming through. I could almost say that if Japan took this game more seriously, would they end up dominating everyone?