What's new

Guide - Impostor List of special moves Shinnok copies with "Mimicry" special in "Impostor" variation -Updated 3/8/16

nugava

Noob
BTW, I just played Necromancer without even learning a combo. I think I only lost one match. Necro is by far the funniest noob killers. Even better than Vanilla Deathstroke.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Well then, I think its safe to assume the Scorpion matchup could be in shinnoks favorite with access to the spear. #Shinnokvortex?

Stevie Steelz

I break muthaf****s...
Excellent, I have asked a thousand people now, does he have an Ex Mimicry?????! Or can he Ex stolen special moves??????????
There is no EX Mimicry, and once you've mimicked a special move, you cannot throw out an EX version of that move. (ex. No Ex Mimicked Scorpion Spear).

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
F U, Scott. I didn't notice the original comment but now I did because of your all-caps comment, and it's spoiled that for me.

Small doge.
*see's post replying to someone saying they spoiled...*

*...reads the post anyway*

Oh Braindead, stay true to your name :DOGE

much love fam, no h8 m8 Kappa

nugava

Noob
Unfortunately, in Necromancer and Impostor, Shinnok does not have any overhead. Not even a poke. He has only a string that ends with an Overhead and cause knockdown, and he has not even a string with a low in it. So, no mix ups in that variation.

Stevie Steelz

I break muthaf****s...
For the guns and the ovipositor rush, does he magically have guns and ovipositors?
For D'Vorah, he actually has her legs, spikes or whatever they are called to do the special move. For Ferra/Torr and Cassie, he has hologram guns and a hologram Ferra. But Kung Lao's hat doesn't magically appear during his hat spin, lol.

regulas

Your Emporer
Ya everything I'm seeing suggests Shinnok Imposter is just not that great... the air teleport even seems far better then the mimmick move itself...

Unfortunately, in Necromancer and Impostor, Shinnok does not have any overhead. Not even a poke. He has only a string that ends with an Overhead and cause knockdown, and he has not even a string with a low in it. So, no mix ups in that variation.
Presumably Necro would be a zoner type aiming to bait people into an up fireball or that grab hand ex for combo rather then mix-ups.

Malec

Noob
realy disappointed to hear that

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Ya everything I'm seeing suggests Shinnok Imposter is just not that great... the air teleport even seems far better then the mimmick move itself...

Presumably Necro would be a zoner type aiming to bait people into an up fireball or that grab hand ex for combo rather then mix-ups.
Wait, really? The Imposter move seems to force the opponent to stumble towards Shinnok, isn't that a good way to extend comboes? It should be useful for that at least.

regulas

Your Emporer
Wait, really? The Imposter move seems to force the opponent to stumble towards Shinnok, isn't that a good way to extend comboes? It should be useful for that at least.
It has been noted that you cannot combo off mimic at all, see nugava's post quoted below:

You cannot link a combo or even his fastest poke after the mimicry. It leaves the opponent standing like Quan Chi's trance, but it does not combo with anything. That move is a mid, has crazy range and his -16 on block.

zHawken

Would you settle for me sausage?
are these variation specific steals? like if i fight 2 variations of Ermac do i steal the same move, or does the variation-changed special dictate what i steal?

Brief thoughts: The only good ones seem to be ones that let you extend combo's or give unique options (command grabs). A lot of these are near worthless/just combo fodder, and not good combo fodder at that. So far i'd say the ones i'd consider using imposter for are:

Ermac- if it's the grab and float them move. If you slam them, or it's any other move of his, forget it.
Ferra/Torr- command grab.
Kenshi- extender
Kitana- extender
Kotal- if Shinnok can zone it could be ok (not sure how that's possible with only triple skulls).
Kung Lao- extender/REALLY good opener
Mileena- extender/good opener
Quan- extender
Scorp- extender
Sub- extender

In short, i'm going to be looking at that teleport REALLY damn hard.

Stevie Steelz

I break muthaf****s...
are these variation specific steals? like if i fight 2 variations of Ermac do i steal the same move, or does the variation-changed special dictate what i steal?
It doesn't matter what variation they are in. For example with Kenshi, he steals the Rising Sword special move from his Kenjitsu variation no matter what variation he's in.

so much panic and worry and the game technically isnt even out yet. RELAX people for goodness sake lol some of you are so damn depressing its sad. pretty sure theres WAY more to him them what your doing in practice. give it some time

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
This is such a random special. What was the reasoning behind every stolen move? How would air grab help you fight Kotal Kahn? I don't get it.