What's new

Strategy "Lighten up, will ya?!" Dr. Quinzel's trait

Katt

Magnet
You'll get punished doing the other traits at mid-to-fullscreen as well. Only bomb is slightly safe, against specific opponents.

I don't fancy RNG's in a fighting game. Imagine a final in a tourney and you hit trait, you get bomb and win because of a 33% chance. Sure you win, but did you deserve it?

How about a buff-trait that gives her some interresting options while the buff lasts? Activated in a similar manner as Aquaman or Superman but enhances her agility as a talented gymnast.

- Can cancel jumps into almost immediately land on the ground. Think how wave-dashing works in Smash, just not used in the same manner, but more to confuse opponents and bait AA. Done by doing dd?
- Can do crouching silly-slides that evades high attacks. Doesn't slide as far as sillyslide and can't be cancelled into tantrum.
- By doing bB (Back-back*hold*) will make her do a backdash then a backwards somersault that dashes aproximatly 0.5 distance of her backdash but lasts the same time, doubling her evasive frames.
- Air control during NJ by dashing during a NJ. Harley does a backflip backwards or a slight front-flip forward, doesn't gain any more height and can not attack during landing animation, but it's fairly fast and lands her slightly faster than landing the NJ.

Or something like that.

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
So the fix;

Bomb gets a bigger hitbox, longer toss (2 Harley dashes away) - similar distance to cupcake bomb.
Mr. J picture gets a two second buff. (up close becomes a game of luck - if you get it, you get a longer damage buff, but if you don't, you basically open yourself up to a free 30-50% combo)
Flower stays the same.
So your fix is to buff bomb but do nothing for the 2 that actually needs the tweeks? I feel like I'm missing something here. Also, bomb is fine in it's current state. It's faster than the other two, it ducks highs, and there are setups for it already, but the randomness can get you killed.

natey2k4

Noob
So your fix is to buff bomb but do nothing for the 2 that actually needs the tweeks? I feel like I'm missing something here. Also, bomb is fine in it's current state. It's faster than the other two, it ducks highs, and there are setups for it already, but the randomness can get you killed.
No, my idea is that if you buff the bomb to a longer toss, you can safely use your trait from a further distance. The reason the trait sucks so bad now is because if you're close and get the bomb, it's awesome, but if you get the other two, you're getting combo'd into oblivion.

If you do a knockdown, back-up, use your trait (it should be buffed in speed a little), you can get your trait off. It becomes more safe because you use it a distance. Make sense?

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
No, my idea is that if you buff the bomb to a longer toss, you can safely use your trait from a further distance. The reason the trait sucks so bad now is because if you're close and get the bomb, it's awesome, but if you get the other two, you're getting combo'd into oblivion.

If you do a knockdown, back-up, use your trait (it should be buffed in speed a little), you can get your trait off. It becomes more safe because you use it a distance. Make sense?
Yes and no. Yes I understand what you are trying to say now, but your reasoning doesn't make sense. Her buff traits can be punished at any distance, so increasing the range on bomb is pointless. It just needs to be safe enough to activate, nothing more.

natey2k4

Noob
Yes and no. Yes I understand what you are trying to say now, but your reasoning doesn't make sense. Her buff traits can be punished at any distance, so increasing the range on bomb is pointless. It just needs to be safe enough to activate, nothing more.
Fair enough, I've never got punished at full screen, but it makes the bomb useless, which sucks. Maybe you can be though, I wasn't aware.

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
I agree with most people here, the trait should have less recovery for all 3 items, but keep the random factor as it'll be broken to just choose bomb everytime.

Slightly buff the duration of her Joker Picture buff imo, 5/6 seconds isn't long enough for a character like Harley who struggles to open people up. Bomb and Rose are fine.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
f23 naked or within combos cancelled into trait should give you a safe trait select no matter which one comes out. f23 cancelled also lets you SS into them, and a fully charged Pop Pop before their wake up can hit you(excluding Frost's slide from what I've tested)

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
f23 naked or within combos cancelled into trait should give you a safe trait select no matter which one comes out. f23 cancelled also lets you SS into them, and a fully charged Pop Pop before their wake up can hit you(excluding Frost's slide from what I've tested)
If the item of trait was selectable... F2,3 would be an okay option..however I have 2 issues with this as it stands..

1) why the hell should ANY character only have a one string setup to "safely" get her trait off? It's absurd.

2) even with the F2,3 into trait.. The range it places you at puts you at more harm than good..
Examples:
-if dynamite comes out you have to be prepared for follow up- IF IT REACHES..
-if flower comes out.. You will need to back off to let the regen work.. Following up and getting yourself hit defeats the purpose of the regen..
-if picture comes out.. You are left in pretty much the same state as rose.. Except opposite.. You have to take advantage of he power boost so are forced to charge.. And get past wake ups, anti-airs, opponent hold D to negate all your pressure and/or waiting for that F2 + follow up..

I've said it in other posts and I will say it again.. HARLEY'S TRAIT AS IS SHOULD NEVER HAVE MADE IT TO THE GAMES FINAL BUILD.. There is NO defending this garbage.. As soon as the announcer says begin- Harley starts at an immediate handicap due to having one less button "option" than her opponent... Period.

I like the thread though- it needs to be addressed.
Would LOVE to see a new USEABLE trait.. However since it is my belief that the trait as is is a HUGE oversight by NRS.. I expect one if the following
1) recovery for all items gets significantly reduced
2) nothing- it stays broken, because let's face it.. The numbers and droves of Harley fans are not what is driving the sale of his game. :(

Now if I were dreaming and had to make a creative option to replace our current slop:

To tap into the duality and randomness of Harley- EFFECTIVELY!!! Something like:

-"Head Case" the trait has 2 random properties once trait is activated, you either get double damage boost to all her firearms (to include cupcakes and pop pop), while it weakens your melee, call this "Trigger Happy" or you get a double boost to her melee attack power which weakens her firearms, call this "Blood Lust". The random factor is what makes it great.. If you hit the trait while up close pressuring and "Trigger Happy" comes out- you must either carry on for less damage, or get out and get to range for projectiles... Vice versa for "Blood Lust".. If your zoning and pop trait.. It will force you to continue zoning at a lesser rate, or force you to get the hell in. Third option of course is hitting the trait And getting what you want at the right time "Trigger Happy" while zoning and "Blood Lust" while pressuring w/ melee.