What's new

Li Mei Beta Discussion

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Her fatal blow is damn useless. Easily interruptible, just finding it difficult to pull off. Do you need full Kameo bar to pull it off too? The game will absolutely NOT let me use it whilst I have enemies frozen with Frosts freeze.

Benlo

PrayforSareena
I really have some Black Canary vibes from Inj 2 playing her. And I love it. I'm starting to understand how to use her lantern the best way, and it's a great tool.

Her fatal blow is damn useless. Easily interruptible, just finding it difficult to pull off. Do you need full Kameo bar to pull it off too? The game will absolutely NOT let me use it whilst I have enemies frozen with Frosts freeze.
43 into fatal blow works from freeze.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
All fatal blows are like that. They aren’t an emergency button anymore. You actually have to think to use it.

And yes, you need Kameo to do it. You can still combo into fatal blow after freezing. You most likely didn’t have a Kameo available

Agilaz

It has begun
Lantern is fun, even if you don't go for specific setups the hitbox is pretty big, I'll occasionally get random lanterns that can be converted to 20-25% at least. I was watching Dink play yesterday and he threw out a lantern, landed a F3, and that knocked them into the lantern radius. Flashkicking people into lanterns as they try to jump is also fun

Zviko

Noob
While she’s way better than Kitana imo, I’m having the issues with Li Mei as Kitana which is the lack of mids/fast advancing normals. B2 is so bad all around, B3 is decent but on a slow side. I had a very long set with decent Sub from whom I managed to take 30-0 streak but daaam I was completely locked down in neutral, no idea what to press. His advancing mid beat all my pokes and other normals. Not to mention his clone. Is this a bad matchup or do I just suck. He neutralizes your lantern with a slide threat as well…

Temptress

Edenian Empress
While she’s way better than Kitana imo, I’m having the issues with Li Mei as Kitana which is the lack of mids/fast advancing normals. B2 is so bad all around, B3 is decent but on a slow side. I had a very long set with decent Sub from whom I managed to take 30-0 streak but daaam I was completely locked down in neutral, no idea what to press. His advancing mid beat all my pokes and other normals. Not to mention his clone. Is this a bad matchup or do I just suck.
If you suck, I guess we both do. I’ve been struggling the most against Sub and to a lesser extent Liu Kang, but the latter is much more manageable. Maybe I’m just salty, but Sub seems completely and utterly braindead with little-to-no weaknesses.

While she’s way better than Kitana imo, I’m having the issues with Li Mei as Kitana which is the lack of mids/fast advancing normals. B2 is so bad all around, B3 is decent but on a slow side. I had a very long set with decent Sub from whom I managed to take 30-0 streak but daaam I was completely locked down in neutral, no idea what to press. His advancing mid beat all my pokes and other normals. Not to mention his clone. Is this a bad matchup or do I just suck. He neutralizes your lantern with a slide threat as well…
frost assist does the magic. li mei needs that counterzoning buff from her low freeze.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
If you have meter, you can blow right thru his ice clone with her armor. Everything into ice clone gets beaten by it

Frost is a great option against sub. Shut down his neutral with the low freeze, and you win every trade. Ice ball helps alot too

Sub is still annoying af tho lol. His mid is godlike