What's new

Lex Patch Notes

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Also, PLEASE let lex be able to super against aquaman. That shit with the trait is dumb. That definitely needs to be fixed.

colt .....I hate to tag you with all the stupid buff/nerf things going around but I was worried this has been overlooked.

Lex is unsalvageable. Why pretend otherwise. He requires sucha fundemantal redesign to be viable it begaars belief that this game was even playtested - did none of the supposed 'pro' players ever use him? His animations need redesigning as does his hit box. His specials are redundant against each other - what's the point of having both a really slow mine and a slow orb? The lance is hopeless except in very specific situations. The oribtal strike is useless without MB and the vaccum pull is too slow and unsafe. He just can't compete in a game where you have moves as crazy as some of the others: lex's vaccuum vs GL's grab is no contest at all.

It's perfectly clear to me that the reason he wasn't patched along with the others was that NRS realise they screwed up. But the playtesters, some of whom post here, must accept some of the responsibility. Did they voice concerns that were roundly and continually ignored? Lex is a joke character, easily the equal of Lobo. How did they ever think he was to be used?

Thead

Noob
rev0lver All very good points. Ild only be dubious about doing anything to his unblockable Laser/MB Laser. He's already got a couple of dirty setups with it, and wouldnt want it to become broken.

Benzo

Vic Stone
I agree with you all. Lex is too slow to be a zoner. Not tricky enough to rush. He's a big target so you're constantly scrambling for safety. Indeed it's a challenge you guys but keep at it. Something will change eventually but we just have to keep playing.

If they made his standing 3 cancelable I'd be just fine. Just saying.

He needs more than that.

I don't think they can change him. Just making his specials quicker won't help him since they are mutually redundant and highly unreliable. He's a gimmick character which is a shame given that a real gimmick character like Batgirl is a billion times better at what she does than he is at what he does.

He needs better moves altogether. What they were trying to do is fine in theory but when it can be shut down easily and repeatedly by the simplest of moves from the other end of the screen it beggars belief. Whoever playtested him should be fired.

Nutrient

Lex Flex
Lex is unsalvageable. Why pretend otherwise. He requires sucha fundemantal redesign to be viable it begaars belief that this game was even playtested - did none of the supposed 'pro' players ever use him? His animations need redesigning as does his hit box. His specials are redundant against each other - what's the point of having both a really slow mine and a slow orb? The lance is hopeless except in very specific situations. The oribtal strike is useless without MB and the vaccum pull is too slow and unsafe. He just can't compete in a game where you have moves as crazy as some of the others: lex's vaccuum vs GL's grab is no contest at all.

It's perfectly clear to me that the reason he wasn't patched along with the others was that NRS realise they screwed up. But the playtesters, some of whom post here, must accept some of the responsibility. Did they voice concerns that were roundly and continually ignored? Lex is a joke character, easily the equal of Lobo. How did they ever think he was to be used?
I believe Lex is a difficult character to use

He requires time and effort, execution is pretty simple using him.
Lex is not a zoner, He can kinda zone but it has to be set up and can only be done for a short period of time, atm he's being used as an armour character, part of his play to coinside with his set ups

The problem is not unusual with a brand new fighter, Set up characters always start off slow at the beginning and flesh out as the game becomes clearer 3-9months.

couple notes from top of my head
His Down 3 is sick
If his Vaccum was safe be pretty braindead imo
Orbital strike is a great tool if used right, MB gives you a free one unless the opponent does roll tech midscreen
Lex with meter is a pretty big threat

I believe he'll get better as time goes on, without a doubt in my mind

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Shouldn't they fix Lex's D2? Kinda funny while all the other D2's in the game do 5%, Lex only does 2%.

Obanye

Obanye - Bay Area - PSN
I quit Lex due to deathstroke. Maybe I'll be back now.... Watching NYC Fab play makes him look so run and dominate in the right hands. Fuck it ill give him a week or two, I understand the game much better than I did week 1.

Some of his MB specials are really good in specific situations. MB mine seems worthless to me, granted I've had limited time with Lex so maybe I'm missing something with it.

It would be OP, but imagine if using MB specials gave you 2 setups instead of 1 enhanced special. (Like MB mine would give you a mine and a probe, or MB Orbital would be a regular Orbital Strike, but you get to throw a close or far mine.)

I believe Lex is a difficult character to use

He requires time and effort, execution is pretty simple using him.
Lex is not a zoner, He can kinda zone but it has to be set up and can only be done for a short period of time, atm he's being used as an armour character, part of his play to coinside with his set ups

The problem is not unusual with a brand new fighter, Set up characters always start off slow at the beginning and flesh out as the game becomes clearer 3-9months.

couple notes from top of my head
His Down 3 is sick
If his Vaccum was safe be pretty braindead imo
Orbital strike is a great tool if used right, MB gives you a free one unless the opponent does roll tech midscreen
Lex with meter is a pretty big threat

I believe he'll get better as time goes on, without a doubt in my mind
He's not really anymore complex than any other character.
He's just completely at odds with the way the game plays and as a result sucks. He has no advantages and no specials of any real worth compared to almost everyone else. The idea that someone is going to find something magical to use with him doesn't really hold water since none of his moves do any real damage that you can build upon.
If GL's ridiculous command grab can be safe then so can this (it's certainly safter). It makes no sense why Lex has tools comparable to other characters, but much less effective.

There is no reason to assume he will get better.

Nutrient

Lex Flex
He's not really anymore complex than any other character.
He's just completely at odds with the way the game plays and as a result sucks. He has no advantages and no specials of any real worth compared to almost everyone else. The idea that someone is going to find something magical to use with him doesn't really hold water since none of his moves do any real damage that you can build upon.
If GL's ridiculous command grab can be safe then so can this (it's certainly safter). It makes no sense why Lex has tools comparable to other characters, but much less effective.

There is no reason to assume he will get better.
I'd agree with the statement on his usabilty, However, I do believe a better understanding of the games mechanics is required to utilize him better then is currently seen at this time.

People are picking the easy characters, No prior game knowledge required for F23 F23 F23. :D

Only note worthy move he has is his Corps charge, probably one of the fastest reversals in the game [6F] His trait is pretty good also but I do think that dash glitch is what makes that move flourish

You're right, Nothing magical will pop out and make him S+, He's incapable of excelling A+ due to how the "game plays"

I'd agree with the statement on his usabilty, However, I do believe a better understanding of the games mechanics is required to utilize him better then is currently seen at this time.

People are picking the easy characters, No prior game knowledge required for F23 F23 F23. :D

Only note worthy move he has is his Corps charge, probably one of the fastest reversals in the game [6F] His trait is pretty good also but I do think that dash glitch is what makes that move flourish

You're right, Nothing magical will pop out and make him S+, He's incapable of excelling A+ due to how the "game plays"
Yes but a better understand of mechanics helps every character.

Lex isn't without moves. But the game just hoses him.

People indeed pick easy characters.

From what I gather from Lex - he thrives off of momentum and meter. He doesn't have the ease "brain dead" zoning of other characters ie press this button keep them out - but he does have some amazing tools to get people off of him. His jumping 3, his down 3, and his Corp Charge are all amazing tools for getting a would be attacker off of you.

But thats seems to be immediately against his momentum orientated zoning game. So the way I see Lex is that he needs to find set ups that allow him to get a probe or a sheet of armor up. His zoning comes together when he has the resources available to him. My suggestion (admittedly I haven't played Lex too much so you can tell me) his to try to occupy midscreen until you see an opportunity to get a probe or armor set up.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I would like to hear from NRS what they think justifies Lex as he is/not being patched (thus far).
I'm starting to understand this.

Lex's playstyle is based around traps and mindgames. You have to out-think your opponent. Lex's tier placement means that those who play him establish their mental superiority when they win. He is, therefore, the truest to the character in the game.

jc349

Noob
Lets not forget lex's back and forward dashes. They r the worst I have EVAH seen. I know it may sound silly but dashing safely is kinda the point. No?

D

Deleted member 9158

I think Lex Luthor just needs to be fleshed out more (like many characters in this game still) in order to determine his true potential and placement in the tiers.

Too early to call him complete shit

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I'm starting to understand this.

Lex's playstyle is based around traps and mindgames. You have to out-think your opponent. Lex's tier placement means that those who play him establish their mental superiority when they win. He is, therefore, the truest to the character in the game.
Best statement ever!

Lex can be frustrating or beyond fulfilling with his play style.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
ghost whistler Can you make a video of your Lex play? I'm curious to see how you play him or should I say against the match up cause you're hating really hard.

feel free to play vs my Lex if you want.

Nutrient

Lex Flex
If anybody ever wants Lex games XLGT: ARK Nutrient

I stream odd time so msg before hand so I'll know who you are

Best statement ever!

Lex can be frustrating or beyond fulfilling with his play style.
Yes, but any character can exploit mindgames. Lex is still weaker because his specials suck. Anything he can do others can do better. That's the problem.

I don't have a video card and I started playing Grundy because Lex is so weak. If you want to play me my username is strangeotron but i don't live in the us and so it will likely lag.