What's new

Lex Patch Notes

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
lol. Shocked that Lex didn't get anything. Seemed like some adjustment to probes or even a (overall worthless) buff to staff blast damage was likely.

At least a few of his more annoying match-up characters got nerfed a bit. DS should be a little easier to handle, Raven won't do as much damage, and Cyborg might not be a 9-1 game anymore.

As someone trying to decide who to main, this is disheartening. I don't want crazy buffs to lex, but at the very least i thought mines might be made harder to deal with(or slightly faster). I'm either hoping they left some stuff out or theres some stupid crazy tech we all missed(highly doubt it this far in)

Thead

Noob
What buffs/nerfs do people think Lex deserves, and why?

Personally I would like B2U3~Air Corp Charge to combo. But that might be a little too much, having hit confirmable pure benefits for Lexs safe 50/50 game.

Sifu

Noob
As of right now, I'm happy with the other character nerfs. Wouldn't mind Lex having faster start ups on some of his specials though.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies

Personally I would like B2U3~Air Corp Charge to combo. But that might be a little too much, having hit confirmable pure benefits for Lexs safe 50/50 game.
I think a faster deploying probe would significantly help him without breaking anything. Being able to threaten zoners and giving yourself breathing room would help Lex move in or set up mines.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual

I would really like a safe air charge and some kind of improvement to probe. Oh yeah, if you can hit batman with a probe you win the match.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
i'm still rocking that Lex!

NRS didn't change anything about him because they felt he was irrelevant LOL since nobody seems to give a crap about him except a hand full of people.

That was disappointing. Was hoping that Lex would get something in the patch, but ah well. Glad I started practicing with Catwoman last week.

Thead

Noob
I would really like a safe air charge and some kind of improvement to probe. Oh yeah, if you can hit batman with a probe you win the match.
Safe Air Charge .. LOL.

Probe start up Buff would be nice, currently you can only get it out safely after a combo (or when Trait is up/Mine is out, which are both only gonna come out after a combo anyway).

You can get one up after a ducked Projectile, but against most characters it means eating the next projectile, and once it is up it doesn't earn respect unless you're up close, because its always in the opponents favour to trade a projectile with it.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Why is a safe air charge funny? Lex is always having to chase people and it would be nice to land jnfront if them and block their string and try to get your game going.

Benzo

Vic Stone
I'm rolling with Lex not matter what. It's a frustrating match but I'm going to find a way. I just gotta figure out what I'm doing wrong.
I want to zone but I get out zoned by many, I want to rush but I'm not save enough. I can't seem to put my finger on it.
The Lexcorp will remain.

Thead

Noob
BDMao88 Because Instant Air Charge comes out pretty fucking rapid and covers a good portion of the screen, being safe on Block I can see being pretty powerful, closing space for free.

Maybe it wouldn't be as powerful as I imagine?

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
BDMao88 Because Instant Air Charge comes out pretty fucking rapid and covers a good portion of the screen, being safe on Block I can see being pretty powerful, closing space for free.

Maybe it wouldn't be as powerful as I imagine?
Well maybe it is to much, but on block it could be around -3, maybe it's the recovery frames I was thinking of...air charge and stop a little bit away and not have to eat a full combo.

webreg

Noob
I'd be happy with him being less "floaty". His level 2 charged lance going full screen would be nice as well.

Lex needs a complete redesign. His hitbox and size are against him. Corps Charge is beaten by doomsday's charge everytime. His armour doesn't protect against black adam's dive kick. He is so vulnerable it's absurd.

Owerbart

I miss you
I've been playing around with Lex since the Demo, and now I'm starting to consider spending more time training him.

Nutrient

Lex Flex
I've played Lex from Demo to games release and I have enjoyed playin' people clueless to the match up....Nothing really to add

Patch wise, I'd consider ourselves lucky they didn't patch the Trait amour glitch :/

Stay strong LexFlex crew :_;

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I also disagree with a safe air charge... the only time you would use regular charge then is as a quick punisher. It's easy to instant air it, same input as cyborg iafb.

Some things I'd like to see. Just one would be fine:
-Command cancelling lance (like pressing db instead of dashing). It'd actually make it useful.
-Being able to throw into a mine without a knockdown. I know you can still combo it but it's inconsistent.
-Slightly faster startup on orb/mine/laser
-Less pushback on 22d1. Because it's + on block it'd be nicer to continue pressure outside the corner better than guessing they might do something and corps charge.
-Bigger hitbox for u3. Though I'm not sure if you'd have to change the animation for that to make sense. It'd just be nice to use it as a good AA since you can't cancel it into vacuum anyway when they're hit so high up.
-Something to mb mine. I'm not sure yet. That move is entirely useless unless part of a kill combo. Maybe increase the duration they're in the air so you can dash up and combo when it's hit from far away.