What's new

Video/Tutorial Lex match Video Thread

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Pig Of The Hut, I feel like after every probe you put out you should use the opportunity to armor up or close the gap and pressure them, except when closing out a match with probe/MB probe into airstrike, I love that FT. Probe allows for safe jump ins on GL if timed correctly.

I also think you should be using his overheads more. The first couple matches I watched it looked liked he was really respecting your low option and you didn't blow him up for it. Or do a naked B1 into throw since it's + on block. Goin for B12 into pull is def risky.

Something I've been messing with if you want to use the meter to finish someone out is B1 into MB F3 for your pop up combo. I forget how much dmg it does, but it's a nice little mix-up to keep in your bag of mix-ups.

All in all I really like your Lex. Trait up more whenever you can and keep those probes out at all times.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Pig Of The Hut

I just watched 30 minutes of it then I fast forward to the end to see if you were doing the same...

As Wemfs had said you need to armor up more, do it every chance you get. What I have been doing lately is I get a probe out, if all clear I immediately do a regular orbital which allows me to trait dash. I copy Thead since when we played mirrors he would do this and it drove me crazy because I kept respecting the probe and eating a orbital... It works great because you can feel out your opponent a little better how they are reacting to the probe etc. If you don't do the orbital and they are respecting the probe just trait dash.

ALWAYS ARMOR UP!

As stated before your opponent was respecting your low WAY to much! You should have been nailing him in to the ground even though it isn't safe, but he was begging for it! Plus the overhead does 4% more damage.

I don't think b1 probe is good at all because I saw you do it the first time and he instantly grabbed you which could happen every time, so why not go for the safe grab.

I think you did something similar with 22d1 which you should have just did a poke afterwards.

I saw him figure out how to dodge your probe by moving forward at the right time, you should have kept him in check with corp charges which would lead to another setup/trait dash.

After a mine you should grav pull if mid range or if you can ji3 hit them last second when their body pops up a little when the mine is over and then follow up with a d1 grav pull. I corps charge a lot though out of nerves.

You honestly drove me crazy constantly walking back because Lex full screen is not good at all, usually you get pushed full screen which allows you to trait dash and try to stay in IF you can. I thought you used the lance way to much, but it can catch people off guard and think holy shit lex has a projectile?!

What I like to do to keep them close is: Starter, ji2, 22/21, and whatever mine depending how they are dealing with wakeups. Also instead of a mine you can put up a probe and go for a ji2 follow up which I believe you can 22d1 etc pressure...

I think that's about it haha, but you do have a solid Lex, but it can be crazy once you Trait dash all the time, you can even do it backwards if you want ;) Sometimes I like to pretend I'm charging them for a grab and i scoot back and setup a mine or a probe.

I would LOVE for you to play against my Lex. I'm not that good at mirrors though.

You said you wanted some movie titles for combos/setups? Here are some sugguestions:
Die Hard with a Vengeance - Ending a combo with a probe to keep up close pressure.
Live Free or Die Hard - Trait dash for a grab.
A Good Day to Die Hard - F2 overhead starter *Man if only he shouted that when connecting a F2/B2...

Fists with your toes - Low starter
Christmas in Japan - 112

2.5 Hours of Nothing but Lex vs Green Lantern

I played Lex for 5 hours yesterday straight lol

adding b2u2d2 22d1 22b3 helped a lot and you'll notice like in game 8 i started doing it a lot more. Please feel free to help my lex, critique, etc etc etc

Using armor is huge to blow up wake ups and get free pressure in for 50/50

I want to start adding that tech from that new video about using c2 into mine into j3 d1

BDMao88
CrimsonShadow
I watched a good hours worth earlier today. Overall, your Lex looks really strong, but I think it could be a little more efficient. I learned a lot from just the hour I saw. You have a lot of cool tricks. I feel like Lex more than any other character is really unique from player to player. Nobody's Lexs are that similar. I have a couple little tips and nitpicks that I will type up sometime tonight or saturday night. For now though...why exactly do you like the b3, ji2, u3 xx far mine setup? I use it for combos where you get max damage off of ending with u3 (off of a mine), but otherwise, I personally think there are some better options. Are you trying to get a positional advantage and force them into the corner? That, IMO, would justify it if you were going with that plan, but otherwise I would suggest some better pressure/mixup options.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I watched a good hours worth earlier today. Overall, your Lex looks really strong, but I think it could be a little more efficient. I learned a lot from just the hour I saw. You have a lot of cool tricks. I feel like Lex more than any other character is really unique from player to player. Nobody's Lexs are that similar. I have a couple little tips and nitpicks that I will type up sometime tonight or saturday night. For now though...why exactly do you like the b3, ji2, u3 xx far mine setup? I use it for combos where you get max damage off of ending with u3 (off of a mine), but otherwise, I personally think there are some better options. Are you trying to get a positional advantage and force them into the corner? That, IMO, would justify it if you were going with that plan, but otherwise I would suggest some better pressure/mixup options.
Im going to start ending w ji2 d2 mine into ji3 (low overhead mix up) to d1 gravity pull mb on hit

No one would block that u3 far mine so i kept doing it but i know better now

Also i do use it if i have like 3bars of meter and its end of the round so I can FT them to death or maybe push them away so i can grab an interactable above me. All in all I need to start doing more ji2 d2 thanks man!

Also more armor

spin4u

Noob
I noticed that you armor cancel into 112 alot. I would suggest f2 since it has less hit stun or 22 since these hits wont miss on small opponents or crouching ones. The first hit of 1 misses most of the cast.