What's new

Video/Tutorial Lex match Video Thread

Obanye

Obanye - Bay Area - PSN
Hello, are there any videos of actual matches with Lex played at a high level? I'm trying to learn this character but it seems pretty difficult for a new person like myself. Thanks for any replies or links!

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Oh hey haha. Uhmmm high level matches? I'm sure if you went and looked at an old archive on my stream (twitch.tv/jersupafly) you'd be able to see Zaf and myself playing Lex mirrors, but I have some videos that I could help get you started.

There's a video on his setups, which is pretty much what this character is all about.

If you have any other questions I'll try my best to answer, I don't play Lex as much anymore.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Thinkin bout recording some matches even though the quality will be on the bad side.

Wemfs

Well these aren't match videos, but a simple vid of possible setups off Lex's F2 and ways to punish Grundy's wake-up options. At the end of the video it also shows some possible 50/50 mine setups while Lex has his lvl 3 armor on, say you were to land Lex's F2, lvl3 dash cancel up and punish any of Grundy's wake-ups. I didn't show any of Grundy's tech roll wake-ups, but they are easily punishable.

I understand going for Lex's F2 into trait cancel is risky, but it is what it is. Go big or go home.

I'm not sure if Grundy can back dash or jump forward/back after 22~far mine. He probably can, but take from this vid what you will. And sorry bout the shitty quality lol.

Obanye

Obanye - Bay Area - PSN
Sick traps and setups. This character seems to get better as more things are discovered.

Wemfs

LOL everyone is getting hit by your F2 in those matches you posted BDMao88 You think they would learn not to block low lol

Malec

Noob
to your matches BDMao88 i think you are using to much random corp charge, especially on green lantern, green lantern has nothing on full screen, take your time to set up a mine/drone trait whatever and always use a far mine against him before you dash in, you dont want him to stand still and react with his stupid force lift.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
to your matches BDMao88 i think you are using to much random corpse charge, especially on green lantern, green lantern has nothing on full screen, take your time to set up a mine/drone trait whatever and always use a far mine against him before you dash in, you dont want him to stand still and react with his stupid force lift.
Yeah I get charge happy haha.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Footage of my Lex Luthor at Colosseum games.

I had to use lex as Lobo was banned.

The video contains me vs Howtoread twice, me vs Mustard, and I also fight Bulbamike.

This was a fun tournament, check it out! :)
My set with Mustard was awesome.

volkmair

Noob
Good job there Ketchup mixing up your Lex game, though Howtoread seemed to know how to punish pretty much all of Lex's stuff.

PND_Ketchup

Good job there Ketchup mixing up your Lex game, though Howtoread seemed to know how to punish pretty much all of Lex's stuff.
Yeah that's why I switched to harley, he just made the matchup really really difficult as I couldn't get anything going.

If there were things I could do to win the match, I knew i wasnt going to figure it out in time, so I opted for a character change instead. I know it looks like i was just walking into the corner, but I really struggled to get anything going while trait wasn't active, so I tried to get space to trait up.

Either way, not bad considering I wasn't even going to use lex until I found out that Lobo was banned at the last possible minute :I

Malec

Noob
like your lex Ketchup, but i dont like that you never fully charge the trait. you dash cancel it, but u always land on lvl2, i dont get it, you can hold the trait button all the way after dash and still move around, block or make any move and still hold to get lvl3.

PND_Ketchup

like your lex Ketchup, but i dont like that you never fully charge the trait. you dash cancel it, but u always land on lvl2, i dont get it, you can hold the trait button all the way after dash and still move around, block or make any move and still hold to get lvl3.
I hadn't played Lex in a week. Little things like the actual time you have to hold the button between level 2 and 3 escaped me.

I had spent the entire buildup of this event with Lobo in my mind, Imagine finding out your character isn't even in the select screen and then have to remember every single little detail about your backup 30 minutes before the tournament begins.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

2.5 Hours of Nothing but Lex vs Green Lantern

I played Lex for 5 hours yesterday straight lol

adding b2u2d2 22d1 22b3 helped a lot and you'll notice like in game 8 i started doing it a lot more. Please feel free to help my lex, critique, etc etc etc

Using armor is huge to blow up wake ups and get free pressure in for 50/50

I want to start adding that tech from that new video about using c2 into mine into j3 d1

BDMao88
CrimsonShadow

Pig Of The Hut

Im noticing above the more armor i use the better I do

Theres a point in which i start losing a few or a lot in the middle and watching those im seeing i lost due to bad meter management and terrible lack of armor use.

I love using armor dash in and wait for them to do anything then blow them up during their animation

I gotta stop going for b13 vaccum on block thats just silly

b1 orb seems viable

#RUSHDOWNLEX is best imo

Notice around 12:00 min in i start using his FT traps as well as 11 stagger to d3 or b2

Probe to Interactable FT

MB probe to air strike FT

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Pig Of The Hut awesome -- I'm going to check this out later. Also I will edit this post to link Fab's matches from last night -- don't know if you saw them pig, but they are worth a look.

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/404006039?t=3h17m37s -- Fab vs. Chris G
http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/404006039?t=3h27m20s -- Fab vs. DarthArma

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/404006039?t=3h50m4s -- Fab vs. Rico Suave
http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/404006039?t=3h56m6s -- Fab vs. Chris G runback ** this is probably the best of the sets and was the most exciting to watch**

Pig Of The Hut

Pig Of The Hut awesome -- I'm going to check this out later. Also I will edit this post to link Fab's matches from last night -- don't know if you saw them pig, but they are worth a look.

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/404006039?t=3h17m37s -- Fab vs. Chris G
http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/404006039?t=3h27m20s -- Fab vs. DarthArma

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/404006039?t=3h50m4s -- Fab vs. Rico Suave
http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/404006039?t=3h56m6s -- Fab vs. Chris G runback ** this is probably the best of the sets and was the most exciting to watch**
Can't view on iPhone but will tonight at home

Pig Of The Hut
It seems like you traded a lot when throwing out probes, but after you hit with a full/half screen interactable, it gave you enough time to get a free probe, into FT orbital, that blew him up nearly every time. Good work with the high-low string pressure, and your air corps. charge reaction is just scary. I think your right, it takes a lot of work, but you just have to go all in and rush down. Lex's probe and Lance blast just to far too little damage to play a zoning game against other zoners. This is a great example of solid Lex nuetral game imo thanks for uploading.

Pig Of The Hut

Pig Of The Hut
It seems like you traded a lot when throwing out probes, but after you hit with a full/half screen interactable, it gave you enough time to get a free probe, into FT orbital, that blew him up nearly every time. Good work with the high-low string pressure, and your air corps. charge reaction is just scary. I think your right, it takes a lot of work, but you just have to go all in and rush down. Lex's probe and Lance blast just to far too little damage to play a zoning game against other zoners. This is a great example of solid Lex nuetral game imo thanks for uploading.
Thanks man

Yea after rewatching I need to take far more advantage of every corp charge and get my free armor

Also I like the probe usage for interactable FT, orbital strike, and basic means to use its block advantage to armor charge dash in.

I'm feeling him more and more just need to take your advice from your video u posted and apply those to my mix ups. Ending w u3 far mine might be good in some ways like pushing them full screen back in order to get an interactable above your head or w meter frame trap them to death to finish them off.