What's new

Video/Tutorial Lex Luthor Mix-Up Tech

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
evilben Pig Of The Hut BDMao88 just tested and i think im right

trait 1 is 75% defence for lex / 25% increase damage taken
You're right, what's up with that?! Well it always seemed to be a waste to level 1 anyways ...but could be used for a good wakeup stuff if they only do 1 hit.

I tested this out using super man, short eye laser does 12% damage, if I did level 1 trait it was 15%, level 2 was 9%, and level 3 was 0%.

All Mine setups are avoidable by waking up with Techroll into Backdash. This a universal method for EVERY character to avoid any of Lexs mine setups.

Just throwing this out there for people who might be struggling against Lexs mines.
Thats a pretty bold statement :p
From the small amount of testing I have done, both of the far mine setups in the video still work against a techrolling backdashing opponent. They just backdash into the mine thats sitting right behind them...
Please provide proof if you know something I don't about backdashing on wakeup.

Thead

Noob
Thats a pretty bold statement :p
From the small amount of testing I have done, both of the far mine setups in the video still work against a techrolling backdashing opponent. They just backdash into the mine thats sitting right behind them...
Please provide proof if you know something I don't about backdashing on wakeup.
I should re-iterate, can be avoided by either Techrolling or Techrolling into Backdash. Obviously they won't Techroll and then Backdash so they land on the Mine when the invulnerability frames of the Backdash wear off.

Maybe I missed something in your video? Which of the setups can't be stuffed?

Techrolling into backdashdoesn't provide enough invuln to get all the way through the mine (at least with the characters I tested it with: Flash, Nightwing, and Lex)
Techrolling into jumping does seem to beat a lot of the far mine setups though. In which case you can react and punish with a air corps charge. The far mine setups I'm reffering to are at 2:30 in the video

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
All Mine setups are avoidable by waking up with Techroll into Backdash. This a universal method for EVERY character to avoid any of Lexs mine setups.

Just throwing this out there for people who might be struggling against Lexs mines.
Waking up with techroll into backdash doesn't work after ending your combo with B2~far mine or even D2~far mine, but they can tech roll or tech roll jump back to avoid it. Or they could just block.

There's so many different outcomes if they do this and you do that.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
I was wondering if anyone has ran in to this, but I'm not sure if it adds more damage or not since it seems like a glitch. I can't test it out in practice for some reason, but it happens a lot when I fight people.

When ending in d2 far mine, then you hit them with the axe and do a corpse charge in to the mine, sometimes they hit the mine twice!!! It's a weird animation because they only get shocked very shortly, fall then get the full zap again.

Thead

Noob
Waking up with techroll into backdash doesn't work after ending your combo with B2~far mine or even D2~far mine, but they can tech roll or tech roll jump back to avoid it. Or they could just block.

There's so many different outcomes if they do this and you do that.
That's what I was trying to get at. The point is they're avoidable by Techrolling, then deciding if you backdash or jump or whatever, depending where the Mine laid.

Thead

Noob
So why not just do d2 mine ji3 50/50?
Ill edit this post when I get home and retest to make sure it's accurate, but iirc D2~Mine can be Techrolled to avoid the Ji3. I know there's an easy way out because I tested. Not only that but D2~Ender drops hella damage. Personally (and this is just me) I prefer some of his other Enders, such as Corp Charge, as you get max damage, and a hard knockdown into Trait Dash.

Edit: D2~Far Mine does in fact catch Techroll Backdash. Opponent can Techroll Wakeup to avoid/punish the Ji3 (may not be the case with some of the cast but didn't test everyone) or simply not Techroll at all and block/wakeup the Ji3 (bad idea to not Techroll as it opens Lexs other Mine avenues).

It's easy to Techroll then see if the Mine has landed behind you (in which case Wakeup attack), or anywhere else (in which case Backdash). If Lex opts not to Ji3 you can just Techroll then react accordingly.

D2~Any other Mine is crushed by Techroll Backdash.

B13~Grav Pull MB, B3, Ji2, D2~Mine = 24% for 1 Meter.

Personally I don't think it's worth the loss in damage, and once people are aware of Lexs options from the setup I can only see it connecting if they screw up. But if its working for you then abuse that shit lol.

BDMao88

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Ill edit this post when I get home and retest to make sure it's accurate, but iirc D2~Mine can be Techrolled to avoid the Ji3. I know there's an easy way out because I tested. Not only that but D2~Ender drops hella damage. Personally (and this is just me) I prefer some of his other Enders, such as Corp Charge, as you get max damage, and a hard knockdown into Trait Dash.
Well guess it's more of a reason to know all of Lex's possibilities to mix it up, if it works keep doing it.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
It really is a huge guessing game when it comes to Lex's mine setups and the majority of the time the opponent is going to guess right and escape.
Maybe I need to start using the mines more for space control and less for resets.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
It really is a huge guessing game when it comes to Lex's mine setups and the majority of the time the opponent is going to guess right and escape.
Maybe I need to start using the mines more for space control and less for resets.
ive been doing this successfully lately

Using these mine setups online and at my local fighting game club at school with some really talented injustice players, I've only seen this blocked about 3 out of 70 some odd times doing it. So its definitely working for me. The drop in damage that Thead mentions is roughly 5% (more or less depending on hits before wallbounce), but I think resetting into an easy 40%+ or back into 24% with mixup is almost always worth the lower damage.

Thead

Noob
Using these mine setups online and at my local fighting game club at school with some really talented injustice players, I've only seen this blocked about 3 out of 70 some odd times doing it. So its definitely working for me. The drop in damage that Thead mentions is roughly 5% (more or less depending on hits before wallbounce)
Using the same starter:
B31~Grav Pull MB, B3, Ji3, 22~Corp Charge - 34%

That's a 10% increase in damage, with the option of Trait Dash to set up 50/50 combo starters on opponents Wakeup or force them to back towards the corner.

I showed the regular people I play with how to deal with different Mine setups, and now they only get caught once in a blue moon. But hey, like I said if its working for you definitely abuse it!

I like this. I do something similar. When I get a wall bounce, I do a j3 into u3 and cancel into mb orbital strike. This tosses them air like a pizza pie and is impossible to avoid the missiles. As the missiles bounce them in the air I'm hitting the trait button levelling up to 3 while dashing towards them. I reach them as they hit the ground and there I stand, over them with the ability to do what ever the eff I want and there is nothing they can do about it.

Benzo

Vic Stone
I like this. I do something similar. When I get a wall bounce, I do a j3 into u3 and cancel into mb orbital strike. This tosses them air like a pizza pie and is impossible to avoid the missiles. As the missiles bounce them in the air I'm hitting the trait button levelling up to 3 while dashing towards them. I reach them as they hit the ground and there I stand, over them with the ability to do what ever the eff I want and there is nothing they can do about it.
I just tried that combo and it work on the majority of the cast. Watch out for batgirl though because she can teleport. When she teleports simply block then punish, it's a good way to force them to teleport so you can get free damage. Ares teleport can be an issue as well but I'm not sure how open you are once he gets behind you. Shazam's eluding storm owns it.
Just go to training mode and make a character wake up with a move you think is suspect. Other than that I'll be using this.

I just tried that combo and it work on the majority of the cast. Watch out for batgirl though because she can teleport. When she teleports simply block then punish, it's a good way to force them to teleport so you can get free damage. Ares teleport can be an issue as well but I'm not sure how open you are once he gets behind you. Shazam's eluding storm owns it.
Just go to training mode and make a character wake up with a move you think is suspect. Other than that I'll be using this.
Just a fyi online, j3 u3 is really strict (thanks NRS), j2 is less damage but guaranteed 100%. You're right we need to test it more, but from my experience online, people panic and starting hitting to try to break the shield, up but once you do that you just go into 113, gravity pull and wall bounce. If they stand there just throw them, and pressure again until the shield wears off. I don't think people realize what a huge advantage the shield gives Lex. And it recovers so quickly you can go back at it again. Love it.