What's new

Video/Tutorial Lex Luthor Mix-Up Tech

Here's a vid I just made breaking down some options Lex Luthor has for Mix-ups after combos or certain knockdowns, and begs the question: Why use anything but J.2, C.2 after a wallbounce.
Please bear with the button mashing, glare on tv, and exhaustive technical explanations (but thats what its all about right?)

Enjoy

Glass Sword

Nobody
This is great I have a friend who plays Lex and he will make great use of this. All the props to Lex players he is a strange character to use. He has the tools to be very tricky however.

John smith

hobo_for_hire
I've been waiting for someone to post something like this. I just picked up Lex Luthor yesterday, and it seemed like he had decent mix up potential but I didn't really know what to do. So this helps a ton.

Here's a vid I just made breaking down some options Lex Luthor has for Mix-ups after combos or certain knockdowns, and begs the question: Why use anything but J.2, C.2 after a wallbounce.
Please bear with the button mashing, glare on tv, and exhaustive technical explanations (but thats what its all about right?)

Enjoy

If I understand you correctly, then if the low mine hits first after the d2 then you do get an optimal combo... could you elaborate on what you mean at 2 minutes when you say that you dont?

If the mine hits them they will be free to combo on, but your J.3 attack will just knock them down to the ground, giving you only about 15% damage. If your J.3 hits first, then the mine, you can get a full combo afterwards. You can wiff your J.3 right over their head by inputting it immediatly after you jump, making them think they have to block it high, then get hit with the mine. But, its pretty unsafe. Mess around with the timings yourself and you can come up with some pretty interesting stuff.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Good lord those mine+axe mixups look scary. I like how you have an option for when they eat the axe second (the forward dash into neutral jump).

Very nice tech, I knew Lex was capable of some nasty setups with all his traps. Good to see a video showcasing this.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
This video made me happy

I do some of these but I use u3 into mine

Why d2? Is it that much more advantage? U3 is his fastest normal

spin4u

Noob
I believe the d2 is more of advantage because it puts you at a better range to ji3,ji2 as into to u3. So its mostly a distance issue and less chance to mess up with u3? Correct if wrong sir.

-The first reason you shouldn't U.3 then mine, is that they can just tech roll away from the mine every time. This means for most projectile chars, they wake up and your just floating across the screen at them, and they just shoot you w/ anything and you end up on the other side of the screen.
-The second reason is that if they don't tech roll, they just have to block low on wakeup every time.

By using D.2 and altering the mines and timings of when you hit them, you can set up true 50/50 setups that still lead to big dmg.
Go into training mode and try some of the D.2 setups shown in the vid on recorded AI, and try to block it. If the J.3 hits first the push-block immediately pushes them into the low mine.
Spin4u is right, the U.3 sends them too far away for any viable mixup on wakeup.

Pig Of The Hut
I'm watching your matches that you posted from the other thread with GL (you play incredible lex btw), and I can see that after only a few times being hit with U.3 then low mine he either blocks it low or tech rolls out for the remainder of the matches

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Fantastic video man. I've been cancelling into mines at the end of wall bounce combos to apply general screen control and pressure, but after seeing this I'll definitely be mixing some of these tricks into my game.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Pig Of The Hut
I'm watching your matches that you posted from the other thread with GL (you play incredible lex btw), and I can see that after only a few times being hit with U.3 then low mine he either blocks it low or tech rolls out for the remainder of the matches
Thanks man

Your info is greatly appreciated

So if u land the instant Mine/j3 mix up and they block mine but j3 hits can u d1 gravity pull MB?

That'd be huge

If not corp charge to armor it is

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Has this been widely discussed and known?

I just thought about that in the car lol

Remind me again what the different levels do ? Plz
Level 1 - shield absorbs 1 attack
Level 2 - shield absorbs 1 attack, reduces damage by 50% and lasts twice as long.
Level 3 - shield absorbs 1 attack, reduces damage by 100% and lasts four times longer.

Thead

Noob
All Mine setups are avoidable by waking up with Techroll into Backdash. This a universal method for EVERY character to avoid any of Lexs mine setups.

Just throwing this out there for people who might be struggling against Lexs mines.