What's new

Match-up Discussion Lex Luthor Matchup Discussion (Version 1.06)

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I really miss my push block into mine setups. I've been playing against a lot of Flashes lately, and they pretty much get to wake up for free, get in for a bar, break Lex's armor when ever...Back when I could push block Flash into a mine trap I felt way more confident in this matchup. Flash can also turtle life leads, and punish Probe and mine on reaction. I'm incredibly frustrated.

Anyone got any new info on this matchup?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I really miss my push block into mine setups. I've been playing against a lot of Flashes lately, and they pretty much get to wake up for free, get in for a bar, break Lex's armor when ever...Back when I could push block Flash into a mine trap I felt way more confident in this matchup. Flash can also turtle life leads, and punish Probe and mine on reaction. I'm incredibly frustrated.

Anyone got any new info on this matchup?
This is mad late but you mostly have to play for trait and make it difficult for him to get in. He doesn't break lex's armor for free if you're patient with it, but you do have to do different knockdown setups (for example, most times if you do a CC kd and trait dash he can wakeup through it, so you need to mix up with jb3 or just baiting them otherwise). One thing I found, or I might've thought about it in my head but didn't test it, but I might've, is ending combos with close mine and dash forward. If they do their mb spear thing they should fall on the mine.

I feel like I'd put it more at 5-5 just because of how perfectly his trait counters Lex's metered damage. What do you think puts it in Lex's favor?

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
Also, maybe controversial opinion - Aquaman is 6-4 Lex. Discuss.
It definitely seems lex can give aquaman a hard time but aquaman can do a lot about lex as a character. His from the deep outzones anything lex does 3/4-full screen and he can punish lex low b13~db2 by traiting up before it hits to have lex at heavy minus for a b3 punish or b12 if lex has trait. aquaman also gets out of lexs standing resets and has multi hitting wakeups. I'd say it's a solid 6-4 in aquamans favour

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I feel like I'd put it more at 5-5 just because of how perfectly his trait counters Lex's metered damage. What do you think puts it in Lex's favor?
It definitely seems lex can give aquaman a hard time but aquaman can do a lot about lex as a character. His from the deep outzones anything lex does 3/4-full screen and he can punish lex low b13~db2 by traiting up before it hits to have lex at heavy minus for a b3 punish or b12 if lex has trait. aquaman also gets out of lexs standing resets and has multi hitting wakeups. I'd say it's a solid 6-4 in aquamans favour
This is what I've been trying to say. What both of you are saying is kinda right, on paper this matchup looks either bad for us or even. But I really think Lex shuts Aquaman down better than almost anyone.

Aquaman's trait is a problem yes, but you should recognize to hit confirm properly so you're not punished. If you hit a vacuum, you can still mix him up with stuff since you're still at advantage, or get trait and just back off for a couple secs until his is gone. Aquaman has no mobility tools other than the standard, which is everything you can ask for as a lex player as far as setups go. Aquaman is based around having strong footsies and strong defense with his d2, and Lex blows up that part of the game with trait and max range j3's. From the deep outzones him technically but it's nothing difficult. Every FTD is a free corp charge punish or a free trait dash. He can't just throw them for free. A 2 hitting wakeup always seems like a problem but his isn't really, you can still bait that aggressiveness to get rid of your trait and block it, and once he starts respecting your option to do that you get a better mixup game between that and an oki setup.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
Lex is the new green arrow, I think I've discovered an unblockable guaranteed super reset with him:) I tagged you to thread I created explaining the tech @rev0lver

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Any Lex players interested in running the match-up with Frost?

I have a pretty bloated ego about the match-up and want to see if I'm full of shit or if my theories pan out - it's been a hot minute since I've played a solid Lex.

I'm Sultan of Sw1ng on XBL.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun

I have a pretty bloated ego about the match-up and want to see if I'm full of shit or if my theories pan out - it's been a hot minute since I've played a solid Lex.

imblackjames.....add me on xbl I'm on alot we can run some matches as i need to be more familiar with kf

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man

I'm not on xbox live but take it from someone who has a lot if kf mu experience...it sucks for lex. It's somewhere between 6.5-3.5 and 7-3 frost lex.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Martian can combo his close meteor into his five frame F1 for a combo that comes out to (with a background bounce)50% meterless .

Because of this totally situational combo, I think we can all finally agree Martian officially bodies Lex.

@rev0lver

Last edited: