What's new

Match-up Discussion Lex Luthor Matchup Discussion (Version 1.06)

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Demon stance poops on lex. F2 is 2 hits and can mess with his trait if say you activate trait and dash up. Her wake ups can get her out of stuff. They aren't as bad as everyone thinks. Pillars can be changed based on your movement. I input df1 then based on what you do I press the directional input to put the pillar on screen so pretty much no matter what you're blocking a pillar unless you use something fast like corp charge.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Demon stance poops on lex. F2 is 2 hits and can mess with his trait if say you activate trait and dash up. Her wake ups can get her out of stuff. They aren't as bad as everyone thinks. Pillars can be changed based on your movement. I input df1 then based on what you do I press the directional input to put the pillar on screen so pretty much no matter what you're blocking a pillar unless you use something fast like corp charge.
Oh okay, thanks for clarifying that.

I always thought you had to guess where I was going for pillars. That does in fact change things.

Also going to print out this post, frame it, put it in my living room then point to it every time my roommate complains about Raven not having wakeups.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Lex can definitely hit her out of wakeups but you need timing. I want to stop playing whenever demon stance pops up tho lol

One of the biggest things that bothers me about this matchup is that you sort of need to mixup trait pressure with 112, otherwise she can hit you out of it with whatever that fast 2 hitting string is. Because of this she can d1 under your 11 to get rid of your armor.

Name v.5.0 there's no way it's as bad as Sinestro though. It's similar except for the fact that you can rush Raven down. Against Sinestro he can still zone you mid range and trait lets you do like nothing against him without taking big risks.

Last edited:

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
So regarding Raven, it's a 7-3 in Demon and 6-4 Regular?

I think that Lex can bully her on wake up with the right setups. What do you guys usualy go for on her wake up?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Lex can definitely hit her out of wakeups but you need timing. I want to stop playing whenever demon stance pops up tho lol

One of the biggest things that bothers me about this matchup is that you sort of need to mixup trait pressure with 112, otherwise she can hit you out of it with whatever that fast 2 hitting string is. Because of this she can d1 under your 11 to get rid of your armor.

Name v.5.0 there's no way it's as bad as Sinestro though. It's similar except for the fact that you can rush Raven down. Against Sinestro he can still zone you mid range and trait lets you do like nothing against him without taking big risks.
Yeah I need to play better Sinestro players

Fromundaman

I write too much.
So I just want to say that I have now seen the light on the Raven MU. After reading all of this, the local Raven player has made this MU hell for me, to the point where I'd rather play it with Joker than Lex.

I'm sorry for ever doubting you guys on this.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
So I just want to say that I have now seen the light on the Raven MU. After reading all of this, the local Raven player has made this MU hell for me, to the point where I'd rather play it with Joker than Lex.

I'm sorry for ever doubting you guys on this.
Yeah, I really wish they would have buffed Lex's dash recovery or something to help out with characters who can zone him. It's just so long and slow to recover. You gotta be johnny on the spot with your dash after blocking a projectile or you're screwed.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Yeah it could be a 7-3. It's really annoying

Anyway, I found something cool just now that idk if anyone else has looked at yet. I was looking at anti-Grundy setups since he's usually a problem on knockdown. If you do 22 mid mine you can react to his wakeup with 112, and if you time the 11 so that he turns to the second 1 when the grab will hit it will whiff. From testing it out a little bit it doesn't feel that hard either.

You can also end with 11 probe and throw a close mine, but you can't get a mine out on reaction

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
So yeah I'm going to post what I have now because everyone else is for some reason

Aquaman - 5-5
Ares - 5-5
Bane - 6-4
Batgirl - 5-5
Batman - 5-5
Black Adam - 5-5
Catwoman - 6-4 (so no one yells at me too much)
Cyborg - 4-6
Deathstroke - 4-6
Doomsday - 4-6
Flash - 4-6
Green Arrow - 6-4
Green Lantern - 4-6
Harley Quinn - 4-6
Hawkgirl - 6-4
Joker - 5-5
Killer Frost - 5-5
Lobo - 6-4
Martian Manhunter - 5-5
Nightwing - 5-5
Raven - 4-6
Scorpion - 5-5
Shazam - 4-6
Sinestro - 2-8/3-7 if i feel like upplaying
Solomon Grundy - 6-4
Superman - 4-6
Wonder Woman - 6-4
Zatanna- 5-5
Zod - 4-6

Positive - 7
Even - 11
Negative - 11

Only ones I might change are Harley to 5-5, Scorpion to 6-4, and Zatanna to 4-6 (still need to play Deg)

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
So yeah I'm going to post what I have now because everyone else is for some reason

Aquaman - 5-5
Ares - 5-5
Bane - 6-4
Batgirl - 5-5
Batman - 5-5
Black Adam - 5-5
Catwoman - 6-4 (so no one yells at me too much)
Cyborg - 4-6
Deathstroke - 4-6
Doomsday - 4-6
Flash - 4-6
Green Arrow - 6-4
Green Lantern - 4-6
Harley Quinn - 4-6
Hawkgirl - 6-4
Joker - 5-5
Killer Frost - 5-5
Lobo - 6-4
Martian Manhunter - 5-5
Nightwing - 5-5
Raven - 4-6
Scorpion - 5-5
Shazam - 4-6
Sinestro - 2-8/3-7 if i feel like upplaying
Solomon Grundy - 6-4
Superman - 4-6
Wonder Woman - 6-4
Zatanna- 5-5
Zod - 4-6

Positive - 7
Even - 11
Negative - 11

Only ones I might change are Harley to 5-5, Scorpion to 6-4, and Zatanna to 4-6 (still need to play Deg)
I play DD and Lex and have trouble against other LL'S when playing DD. Can i ask what it is you feel makes this DD'S favor?

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
Por que Aquaman mu 5-5? I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, I have absolutely no idea what that number is.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Por que Aquaman mu 5-5? I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, I have absolutely no idea what that number is.
Yeah I think it's reasonable. Tom said he agreed with that too. I get midscreen trident punishes so it makes a good neutral game right there. There's no big zoning game and he has to deal with my trait pretty normally and stuff.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Agreed on Zatanna, WW & Hawkgil. OMG i knew it! I KNEW it! When Catwoman was my main i told everyne Lex was 3-7 and nobody trusted me! Hold that bitches! There's just nothing she can do against his ground mine

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
'I no longer main Lex and was never relevant' mu #s

4 - 6 Aquaman
4 - 6 Ares
4 - 6Bane
3 - 7 Batgirl
4 - 6 Batman
5 - 5 Black Adam
6 - 4Catwoman
5 - 5 Cyborg
3 - 7 Deathstroke
5 - 5 Doomsday
4 - 6 Flash
5 - 5 Green Arrow
4 - 6 Green Lantern
5 - 5 Harley Quinn
5 - 5 Hawkgirl
5 - 5 Joker
4 - 6 Killer Frost
5 - 5 Lobo
4 - 6 Martian Manhunter
5 - 5 Nightwing
4 - 6 Raven
6 - 4 Scorpion
6 - 4 Shazam
0 - 10 Sinestro
5 - 5 Solomon Grundy
5 - 5 Superman
6 - 4 Wonder Woman
4 - 6 Zatanna
4 - 6 Zod

4 positive
11 even
14 negative

(really i played about 6-7 tournaments and made top 8 in all but 1)

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
miloPKL i can get the reasoning for some of that but i have no idea how that makes sense for bane, cyborg, shazam, and superman