What's new

Tech Lex b.2 u.3 FSR

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
That's the spirit. I'm posting old news, though, and I'm sure you guys can find much better junk than little ol me can. :D

CommonNick

Europe, PSN: "CommonNick"
Two D2s in a combo can create the same situation (easiest in the corner)
Any attack that causes a Knock-down's hit advantage during a juggle gets reduced (probably trillion grammar mistakes...) thus it can be used with the right juggle as a FSR.

Something that might be useful (and well known, but still) when the opponent stands up, high attacks can hit (Harley Quinn's high command grab will hit, so unless the opponent does a wake-up attack it's unavoidable)
I don't know lex but it might help.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yes indeed.
A very good point, figuring a combination to allow you to go from a cancelable string into it could provide great benefits for mid-screen situations.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
that is the most british name of all time or snazbury wafflebottoms
Just wait until you hear me talk haha. Or at least, wait until you get me on a subject I care about. You'll hear faint remnants of a South Birk/North Pool accent.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Humm, care to elaborate on this? :p
Well there exists something called "hitstun deterioration" though in this game its more akin to "gravity effect". Basically moves begin to lose on-hit advantage the longer the juggle goes on, hence why someone like Lex can't loop standing 11 more than a few times. The advantage on each 11 drops a little bit each time.

Taking that into consideration, it would be possible to make a string that uses such mechanics at its end in order to create a pseudo-fast stand. That is, the advantage you'd normally receive on a knockdown is so reduced the opponent stands faster. Using d.2 is a solid way to implement this as it causes dramatic scaling on both damage and hitstun, though its advisible to use it at the end of a string to allow for the maximum output. For example...

Something like b.13xxMB vacuum into b.3 j.2 d.2 f.2 would create a similar effect I'd think from midscreen.

As a more obvious example, try doing 22 d.1 as a normal knockdown. Lex gets about 1 and a half, maybe 2 dashes out of it from the time the move ends to the time they stand again.

Now do it off of something like b.13xxMB vacuum b.3 j.2 22 d.1, and notice you can only get 1 dash at the maximum before they stand. As you can see, the height they bounce is considerably lower and thus their time inbetween hit and standing is shorter as well.

CommonNick

Europe, PSN: "CommonNick"
Well there exists something called "hitstun deterioration" though in this game its more akin to "gravity effect". Basically moves begin to lose on-hit advantage the longer the juggle goes on, hence why someone like Lex can't loop standing 11 more than a few times. The advantage on each 11 drops a little bit each time.

Taking that into consideration, it would be possible to make a string that uses such mechanics at its end in order to create a pseudo-fast stand. That is, the advantage you'd normally receive on a knockdown is so reduced the opponent stands faster. Using d.2 is a solid way to implement this as it causes dramatic scaling on both damage and hitstun, though its advisible to use it at the end of a string to allow for the maximum output. For example...

Something like b.13xxMB vacuum into b.3 j.2 d.2 f.2 would create a similar effect I'd think from midscreen.

As a more obvious example, try doing 22 d.1 as a normal knockdown. Lex gets about 1 and a half, maybe 2 dashes out of it from the time the move ends to the time they stand again.

Now do it off of something like b.13xxMB vacuum b.3 j.2 22 d.1, and notice you can only get 1 dash at the maximum before they stand. As you can see, the height they bounce is considerably lower and thus their time inbetween hit and standing is shorter as well.
British human-dog with steroids... imagining it is kind of scary :confused:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
This is OLD as FUCK! That B2,U3 gimmick has been around sense launch.
You're right, no one said it was new.
But there also hasn't been any video or recent discussion of it.
So accept my apologies for my insolence, but I don't think it matters on the age.
We found most of our tech in Bane forum in may, and we still develop it further. That's how tech works.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
u mention option selects for lex, are u talking about his mbf3? cuz that doesnt make sense, arent option selects a command that turns into a different command based on a number of different factors (normal whiffed, blocked, isn't blocked etc)

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
u mention option selects for lex, are u talking about his mbf3? cuz that doesnt make sense, arent option selects a command that turns into a different command based on a number of different factors (normal whiffed, blocked, isn't blocked etc)

he has option selects theyre secret

This is sweet, thanks for sharing it.

I believe charging trait after it, wouldn't be the smartest thing, right? I mean, as the opponent stands up faster, we would only be able to charge level 2 maximum.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs

I believe charging trait after it, wouldn't be the smartest thing, right? I mean, as the opponent stands up faster, we would only be able to charge level 2 maximum.

Well, Level 2 isn't too bad an option :p But, theoretically, against characters like Flash where you wouldn't be able to get a trait-dash on knockdown, this little gimmick might cause some confusion where you could give it a shot

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Option selects have a few different definitions.

An option select either changes its command listing based on inputs (Bane doing reverse-input command grab after f.2 to catch teleporters, for example), or works to cover multiple options the opponent has.

Essentially its either you creating multiple options through inputs, or covering multiple options.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

If you mean after b.2 u.3, its not cancellable so the best you could hope for is someone pinging off the armor. I'd probably advise the other stands and the like to go into trait, like setting it up with something like...
a combo ending u.3 into trait dash and then abusing the armor on wake-up.
Any kind of mine set-up works too.

If you mean after b.2 u.3, its not cancellable so the best you could hope for is someone pinging off the armor. I'd probably advise the other stands and the like to go into trait, like setting it up with something like...
a combo ending u.3 into trait dash and then abusing the armor on wake-up.
Any kind of mine set-up works too.
Got it!

Ending midscreen combos with u3 into trait in order to stuff wake ups and drag the opponent to the corner, and using the b2u3 ender already in the corner... Sounds nasty.