What's new

Levitation (the good, the bad, the ugly) discuss

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Well they answered every question in the question threads so if that question was in there then YES. You'll just have to check the show (1st two hours of the show is them answering questions) to find it because I don't remember everything that was said.
I'll ask him directly then I don't have 2 hours to waste :/ was hoping I could use you to tell me at which point it was said on video lololol :p anyway we need to get some games in again get out of those koth rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tehm

Noob
so they did answer my question about sindels wake up attacks?

If your question was basically "her wake ups seem inconsistent. Is her levitate invincible or not?" then I distinctly remember the answer: It was basically "~6 frames of invincibility, but reminder, that means all i7 (and more) attacks are going to hit you because flight doesn't attack and thus can't 'clash'--it loses to everything".

Otherwise, can't help ya man.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
If your question was basically "her wake ups seem inconsistent. Is her levitate invincible or not?" then I distinctly remember the answer: It was basically "~6 frames of invincibility, but reminder, that means all i7 (and more) attacks are going to hit you because flight doesn't attack and thus can't 'clash'--it loses to everything".

Otherwise, can't help ya man.
yea that was pretty much it her wake ups are silly. if some one low pokes, clips, njp, jp or uppercuts any of her wake ups she losses. they do anything else step up crushes it even low specials. but characters like ermac wakes up with levitate and it beats out everything. it just seems silly if you ask me. it's as if there is no point to her having invincible frames.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Sindel's Levitation: Good or bad?

I hardly ever see anyone doing her levitation... not even Dan and he mains her. Does it suck that much or do you just have to have the right matchup for it to be effective? i.e. Sub-Zero

CaliJokerstyle

Dies A Lot
Really levitation is only good in teh IaF cancels and plain cancel mixups she is very slow and vunerable when in flight and it is very situation based whether its worth using at all.

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
it's useless.... simply put. you can only move (very stiffly) by dashing back or forward and shooting a fireball during that animation makes her drop automatically. in addition; any projectile (except low ones) can still hit sindel while she hovers. occassionally there is a bug that doesnt allow her to shoot fireballs unless you dash. its crap.

its main use is as a wake-up (invincibilty)/iAF cancels (which Dan uses i believe)/as a cancelled special move during block strings to throw off the opponent. its not a true bloc trap by any means though (like kabals) since sindel's normals are extremely slow and dont give enough block stun. any adept player can jump away/hit sindel/etc after the Hover cancel. giving her a true block trap with her Hover cancel would alone make sindel LEAGUES better than she is imo.but alas NRS (paulo) dont give a sh*t

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I hardly ever see anyone doing her levitation... not even Dan and he mains her. Does it suck that much or do you just have to have the right matchup for it to be effective? i.e. Sub-Zero
how do you think i do those rapid fireballs?? lol but other then flight ~ IAF its crap..

kind of annoying since characters like Sonya has her military stance, liu and his stance, Kung lao and his teleport they can do low, mid, high attcks from it.. they could have done this with sindel.. look at street fighter and akuma, he can jump in the air then come down and do a low, or throw or do a high attack.. they could have done something with the flight.. oh well

But yea i do those spamming fireballs with Flight ~ IAF.. d,d,u,d,f,1 over and over, shit hurts my hands after awhile..

JennyCage

t('.'t)
It's buggy in my experience. Sometimes it will knock you out of flight after one fireball, or two, or some arbitrary number. Sometimes it'll stop allowing you to shoot fireballs at all - the command just stops working entirely.

Like Cali said, it's slow, buggy and just plain shitty. Flight cancelling is all it's good for.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
it's useless.... simply put. you can only move (very stiffly) by dashing back or forward and shooting a fireball during that animation makes her drop automatically. in addition; any projectile (except low ones) can still hit sindel while she hovers. occassionally there is a bug that doesnt allow her to shoot fireballs unless you dash. its crap.

its main use is as a wake-up (invincibilty)/iAF cancels (which Dan uses i believe)/as a cancelled special move during block strings to throw off the opponent. its not a true bloc trap by any means though (like kabals) since sindel's normals are extremely slow and dont give enough block stun. any adept player can jump away/hit sindel/etc after the Hover cancel. giving her a true block trap with her Hover cancel would alone make sindel LEAGUES better than she is imo.but alas NRS (paulo) dont give a sh*t
if you tap up before you do the fireball she wont drop.. and if you want the fireball to work constantly just do up, fireball then up again.. maybe hold up for a second..

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
if you tap up before you do the fireball she wont drop.. and if you want the fireball to work constantly just do up, fireball then up again.. maybe hold up for a second..
hmm i'll try that. thanks Dan :) if only her zoning alone would save her :/

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I never use it, but it could be useful in some matchups. Sub zero though all I ever need to do is zone, so levitate isnt really needed there(unless its a good sub player, but rarely play those lol).

On characters like Smoke, Nightwolf, Noob saibot and other zoners it could be pretty effective I think(scratch noob, forgot about his teleportXD)

DanCock

Cock Master!!
hmm i'll try that. thanks Dan :) if only her zoning alone would save her :/
yea i know.. too bad the whole cast has either a teleport or multiple armor moves O_O and safe strings..
but whatever im going to continue maining her, maybe some day ill get good

how do you think i do those rapid fireballs?? lol but other then flight ~ IAF its crap..

kind of annoying since characters like Sonya has her military stance, liu and his stance, Kung lao and his teleport they can do low, mid, high attcks from it.. they could have done this with sindel.. look at street fighter and akuma, he can jump in the air then come down and do a low, or throw or do a high attack.. they could have done something with the flight.. oh well

But yea i do those spamming fireballs with Flight ~ IAF.. d,d,u,d,f,1 over and over, shit hurts my hands after awhile..
I just need to mention that Liu Kangs dragon stance is practically useless and its low is just a sweep kick. ...but thats besides the point. I think the levitate is probably one of sindels most useful tools.. which is sad, but, at least it gives her zoning some depth.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I never use it, but it could be useful in some matchups. Sub zero though all I ever need to do is zone, so levitate isnt really needed there(unless its a good sub player, but rarely play those lol).

On characters like Smoke, Nightwolf, Noob saibot and other zoners it could be pretty effective I think(scratch noob, forgot about his teleportXD)
scratch Smoke form that list too.. lol smoke and noob have teleports.. but i do randomly use it vs a reptile, cage and nightwolf if im trying to quickly get out of the corner.. if it just moved slightly faster O_O

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
yea i know.. too bad the whole cast has either a teleport or multiple armor moves O_O and safe strings..
but whatever im going to continue maining her, maybe some day ill get good
i wont stop using her either lol i hate how every match is horrifically difficult (except her "good" match ups) but i love her as a character; shes been my favorite since forever. if it werent for that... well :/

i really just think her hair whip maybe should push the opponent back on block (make it safe)? why did Kung Lao's spin/reptile's Acid Hand/etc have push back but sindel's hair whip doesnt? she also needs slightly faster normals (her mix ups are practically non-existent); armor (maybe she could at least get it on En Hair whip?)... and then she would at least be comparable to the rest of the cast lol

Zoidberg747

Eh true. I take solace in the fact that with the game being 4 months old, people online still have no fuckin clue how to counter zoning, lolXD

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i wont stop using her either lol i hate how every match is horrifically difficult (except her "good" match ups) but i love her as a character; shes been my favorite since forever. if it werent for that... well :/

i really just think her hair whip maybe should push the opponent back on block (make it safe)? why did Kung Lao's spin/reptile's Acid Hand/etc have push back but sindel's hair whip doesnt? she also needs slightly faster normals (her mix ups are practically non-existant); armor (maybe she could at least get it on En Hair whip?)... and then she would at least be comparable to the rest of the cast lol
yea reo said the same thing about the hair whip should do a push back on block, i agree.. :(

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Eh true. I take solace in the fact that with the game being 4 months old, people online still have no fuckin clue how to counter zoning, lolXD
so true LOL but at the same time this is probably why the mk team seems to think shes good.. when in fact any one with half a brain knows she isnt.

Magnet

No Longer Sh*t Tier!
so true LOL but at the same time this is probably why the mk team seems to think shes good.. when in fact any one with half a brain knows she isnt.
well... Paulo's main advice to us sindel players as of now is... "throw more air fireballs"... ughugh SMH :(

Zoidberg747

I mean, Raiden scrubs can still own Sindel, so they cant think shes godlikeXD

But yeah I find NRS to be unimpressive when it comes to knowing their game(so far at least) but im a cynical person so it may just be me.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier

I finally started getting good at doing this with the cancels over the weekend, too bad I recorded my Mortal Monday Matches before this skill was acquired, lol