What's new

Levitation (the good, the bad, the ugly) discuss

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Wow Dan... until last night I guess I just never noticed but you got your shit locked down. :)

Phazael

It's Official. I Suck.
They could do three small things to this move and it would actually be useful as something other than an IAF gimmick. First, they could add to its defensive properties on startup, including invulnerability frames when used as a wakeup. I think I would shrink the hitbox when she is starting the move, making low attacks miss her completely to let her escape pokes with the move. They also need to speed it up a lot, as its speed is its biggest weakness right now. This move is slower than all of the teleports in the game at the moment and its nowhere near as useful. Finally, they could boost the distance and speed of the move you make once you are actually airborne, like maybe full screen with a dash, half with a tap, so that it could work as an escape tool, like a ghetto teleport. Reworking it into an escape tool would add some options and give her another method of getting free of pressure.

I really think this move never got past the "this is something cool we can toss in" design stage from MK3 and this sort of overhaul would give it a real purpose. Plus Sindel wouldn't be the only zoning character without some form of escape tool. Its so dumb that she is literally the only zoner without a teleport. I don't wan't a teleport, but I would be happy with something that could be used to escape pressure in the same manner that Kitana's square wave punch is.

I use it......sometimes lol I normally use in after a push back move like her step up, dash forward while in levitation for two fireballs ;-)

aj1701

Noob
Sorry, I almost never see Sindels. Dan, why would you levitate~air fireball instead of just air fireball?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Sorry, I almost never see Sindels. Dan, why would you levitate~air fireball instead of just air fireball?
it comes out faster, it hits full screen 100% if her foe is on the ground standing or ducking. we should play some day.. maybe tonight? add SINH3LL

aj1701

Noob
it comes out faster, it hits full screen 100% if her foe is on the ground standing or ducking. we should play some day.. maybe tonight? add SINH3LL
I'll add you, but I usually play before 8PM EST. Feel free to add me as well.

Husteen

Noob.
her levitate is good to use extremely strategically.
one thing i know is Jax can't do anything when sindel hovers except get close to her and knock her out of the air.
i think the rest of the characters either have a projectile or teleport that hits her.

I still never bother using lev. much. Is using it against Jax a free air grab for him?

Using it on wakeup still seems viable but that's the only good time.

Husteen

Noob.
I still never bother using lev. much. Is using it against Jax a free air grab for him?

Using it on wakeup still seems viable but that's the only good time.
i mean if sindel and jax are ever full screen away from each other, which should happen because sindel's combos push people away, then the only choice he has once she levitates is to get close to her and try to hit her out of the air because she'll dodge his ground pound and projectiles.
also, the only thing kratos can do is use EX arrow because all his other attack miss her.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Flight Cancel is absolutely essential for any high level Sindel player. Whether you just do it to build meter or to do the low air fireball, you MUST have this down.

Honestly I don't think levitate is quite there yet. It's still a tad glitchy at time like as soon as you activate it sometimes you can't fb until you move.
You can do low jump air fbs without levitate but it's not as easy for sure.

It used to be great when their was the reset glitch. Now levitate is just ok and nothing really great yet. Hopefully this will be worked on in the future.