What's new

Let's Discuss The Damage Scale in MK11

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main

I uploaded two different Geras combos to explain my thoughts on this point.. Sometimes i really wonder that ''the hit confirms, skills, timing etc. does have a real meaning in MK11'' ? Looks like not cos i can give you more examples about that. Like anti-air or flawless block combos. Imagine you did one bar anti-air or flawless block combo. How much damage you can deal with it? Around %25-%30, depends on which character and which variation at your hand. Anti-airs or flawless blocks requires timing, read, skills but doesn't deserves more rewards than the fucking stupid throw krushing blows? The damage scale is really bothering me and i just wanted to share my thoughts and really wondering your thoughts. I mean, please look at the inputs below;

Good Geras Combo; d2kb, 4+bf2 amp, 4+bf1 amp, d2,d2 jumpbackward+d2, 4+fatal blow (%59 damage, requires two bars of offense)
Lame Geras Combo; d2kb, 4+fatal blow (%50 damage)

I am not saying the first combo should deal more damage, it looks ok to me.. A good call, spending a lot of resources rewarded by a good damage. but the second combo doesn't deserve that much reward imo. It is a fucking half of the entire health bar and you don't need anything to do that.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
It´s like that in all Fighting games. Look at SF4 and watch some Combo Videos, 40+hits which end with an Ultra that does like 0.005% damage xD Shoryu->FADC Ultra and the Ultra does 20% damage.

Krushing Blow damage is still dumb as fuck......30%+ for a button press.....yea seems fair lol

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
It´s like that in all Fighting games. Look at SF4 and watch some Combo Videos, 40+hits which end with an Ultra that does like 0.005% damage xD Shoryu->FADC Ultra and the Ultra does 20% damage.

Krushing Blow damage is still dumb as fuck......30%+ for a button press.....yea seems fair lol
As an Oni main, i completely agreed on SF4 damage bs. It was just ridiculous. LoL. Someone saying '' so just save your supers for an another combo and get more damage'' ok but how about good looking gameplay or combos? So confusing.. Also yes krushing blows still does unfair damages.. Especially kounter hit ones cos it can be done by an accident. They should require punish instead of counter imo. Cos if you did a mistake, you deserve that krushing blow damage. Better than kounter hit frustration.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I think it’s far better than letting people get 70% damage by comboing into Fatal Blow just because the combo was hard.

A krushing blow is a one-time use resource. Once it’s gone, it’s not coming back, and that affects how the MU is played. For example, if Scorpion hits me with the F43 KB or whatever, I know that I can disrespect the stagger for the rest of the match, because he’s not going to combo off it any more.

Imo this is comparing apples to oranges.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
I think it’s far better than letting people get 70% damage by comboing into Fatal Blow just because the combo was hard.

A krushing blow is a one-time use resource. Once it’s gone, it’s not coming back, and that affects how the MU is played. For example, if Scorpion hits me with the F43 KB or whatever, I know that I can disrespect the stagger for the rest of the match, because he’s not going to combo off it any more.

Imo this is comparing apples to oranges.
Yeah, you can sleep well now.