What's new

Breakthrough Lets Be Serious Here About Deathstroke

Vagrant

Noob
Sword spin is one of the best wakeups in the game. Every char except KF would be dying to have it..
I don't know man i've had alot of instances where the first hit would hit and for some reason the second wouldn't and I would get whiff punished for it.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Deathstroke is a pretty good and fair character as long as you have someone who rushes down good.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
If you find a single spot in the OP where the word "Tier List" is even mentioned... I will give you a thousand dollars.
You didn't say the words tier list but you said he's somewhere around 3 to 7. That's all I was responding to. As far as his tools go, I don't know that much so I'll leave that to others.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I think Deathstroke could be anywhere from #3 to like maybe #7 in terms of character strength.

So he's within spot 3-7 in terms of "character strength". As in, compared to the rest of the cast, by his tools.

Put another way, you're putting him in spots 3 through 7 out of 1 through 25 (currently). You know, like in a list. And one could say he's in one of the higher 'tiers' of this list, if one were to break this list out by sections of overall "character strength".

Pay me $1,000 dollars.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Sword spin is one of the best wakeups in the game. Every char except KF would be dying to have it.

I dunno if this thread has a point, but I will say this here. I don't like people saying "hes bad upclose" as some way to justify that he zones out some chars. This is totally false. I could see him being better upclose than many other chars who he also zones out. I see no reason why he wouldnt utterly dominate those chars if thats the case.

Agreed. I'd like more substance from the guys saying "he isn't that good up close". What exactly is he lacking?

I'd also prefer the "bad trait" talking point to go away. Who cares? Kabal and Kenshi players don't use their X-Ray.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Safe slide and 19F overhead.

He does have a good 50/50 and a f+3 that has so much advantage on block he gets a good guessing game off it.

Deathstroke is decent to good in basically every aspect of the close game.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
Deathstroke is VERY easy to zone with. There are a lot of people online that do nothing BUT zone with him. Unfortunately this results in 1 of 2 situations:

Situation #1: People keep getting destroyed by zoners (i.e. "spammers"). Therefore Deathstroke is invincible.
Situation #2: People go into training mode and WORK towards getting through the zoning. They then destroy every pure zoner (people that haven't bothered to practice other aspects of Deathstroke) they encounter. Therefore Deathstroke is weak.

I've played the computer-controlled Deathstroke, and that bastard stays JUST outside of my melee range peppering me with bullets, daring me to jump in, and punishing rushdown attempts with either guns or combos. When the majority of online players start playing like that, I think we'll see his true potential.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Safe slide and 19F overhead.
A 15 frame overhead ain't good enough? :p
(Yes I know you are just joking around)

And good post Vagrant. I've been thinking this for a long time now, DS is definitely one of the better characters in this game. He's just so well rounded. All the strings that he has that matters are either positive or safe, and his zoning is not a joke even if you know how to handle it. He will STILL build a ton of meter and chip you down a good amount by the time you get to him. Once you do get to him, you cant just pretend like he has no melee game, because if you do, them mixups are going to nail you. His combo damage isn't low either. 36% meterless is pretty good.

Amadeous

Noob
Deathstroke is VERY easy to zone with. There are a lot of people online that do nothing BUT zone with him. Unfortunately this results in 1 of 2 situations:

Situation #1: People keep getting destroyed by zoners (i.e. "spammers"). Therefore Deathstroke is invincible.
Situation #2: People go into training mode and WORK towards getting through the zoning. They then destroy every pure zoner (people that haven't bothered to practice other aspects of Deathstroke) they encounter. Therefore Deathstroke is weak.

I've played the computer-controlled Deathstroke, and that bastard stays JUST outside of my melee range peppering me with bullets, daring me to jump in, and punishing rushdown attempts with either guns or combos. When the majority of online players start playing like that, I think we'll see his true potential.
I've been rushing down with him as well. Despite my play to win philosophy sometimes we have to play to learn.

I've had many people online try to counterpick when I use DS. I switched to rushdown and they had no idea what to do.

Vagrant

Noob
I'd also prefer the "bad trait" talking point to go away.
I was going over all of his tools... Even the bad ones... I'm not gonna go over the char without mentioning his trait if I'm gonna talk about everything else he has as well. To be honest i think if his trait was stronger he'd easily be the best character in the game and in need of a nerf.

Matix218

Get over here!
I think people that assume he's only good at zoning haven't actually played any good ones.
Lumpy, completely off topic but I was watching Alex Valle's stream (leveluplive) yesterday and he was playing online ranked with joker and you came up as his opponent at least once. I was like, hey I recognize that name from TYM! Lol.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Lumpy, completely off topic but I was watching Alex Valle's stream (leveluplive) yesterday and he was playing online ranked with joker and you came up as his opponent at least once. I was like, hey I recognize that name from TYM! Lol.
Lol did I lose horribly? I am not familiar at all with Joker I've only played like 3 of them.

Matix218

Get over here!
Lol did I lose horribly? I am not familiar at all with Joker I've only played like 3 of them.
Lol Nah you actually played well (pretty sure you used doomsday?) I remember it came down to the wire. His name was calipower or something like that. His joker seemed pretty solid

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Lol Nah you actually played well (pretty sure you used doomsday?) I remember it came down to the wire. His name was calipower or something like that. His joker seemed pretty solid
Oh yeah I actually remember that, they were a good Joker. I'm trying to learn doomsday, it takes me forever to get decent with anyone though. But it's a learning process. I mostly play him cause I think he's a cool character =)

Vagrant

Noob
... MAN UP AND LEARN HOW TO GET AROUND ZONERS.. IF NOT , THEN MAYBE YOU NEED A NEW HOBBY
Where in the OP am I complaining about zoning? Where in this thread is anyone complaining about his zoning?

Where is anyone whining here at all? We're discussing how good we think the character is based on his tools....

Either you don't read a fucking thing before you comment

Or you are the dumbest fucking person I have ever seen on TYM.... And that.... That is saying something.....

I'm done responding to you, your an idiot. Enjoy your caps lock.

Vagrant

Noob
So he's within spot 3-7 in terms of "character strength". As in, compared to the rest of the cast, by his tools.

Put another way, you're putting him in spots 3 through 7 out of 1 through 25 (currently). You know, like in a list. And one could say he's in one of the higher 'tiers' of this list, if one were to break this list out by sections of overall "character strength".

Pay me $1,000 dollars.
Except if I was making a tier list I would have him at an EXACT spot with a specific list of characters above, and below him.

Me saying he COULD BE 3-7 FACTORING IN THE CURRENT METAGAME AND THE WAY THE CHARACTERS ARE BEING PLAYED is my way of saying, "I think he has the potential to be a great character, but not quite the best, based on my comparisons to other characters tools and how we use them in this game" Which I think is a harmless and reasonable statement to make about a character/game I have been studying non stop since it came out.

Don't come in here and take one sentence out of a post and try to blow me up for it dude.. Get a job at Fox News if you wanna do that shit..

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I'm not going to deny that he has great tools. But so does many other characters that slip past the radar.

And I don't think anyone should be judging his place within the tier list just yet. But again, there's no denying that he's a good character.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk