What's new

Let's analyze Fighter Pack 2... Spawn beat Hellboy, Johnny Cage beat Raiden

I see why you're confused about the second poll but I still think you're on to something with the "top two" theory. Even though Cage beat out Raiden for the number two slot, Raiden wasn't far behind. That being said, I think they went with Raiden because there are DC characters they could use Raiden's moveset to make premier skins for (i.e. Black Lightening). That's the only thing I can come up with to make it all make sense.

Nobus3r1

House of Bane; ID: 8V596
I see why you're confused about the second poll but I still think you're on to something with the "top two" theory. Even though Cage beat out Raiden for the number two slot, Raiden wasn't far behind. That being said, I think they went with Raiden because there are DC characters they could use Raiden's moveset to make premier skins for (i.e. Black Lightening). That's the only thing I can come up with to make it all make sense.
If Raiden's inclusion was indeed due to that line of thinking I curious about what % of people playing the character go with the premium skin as opposed to the default. 50%? 75%?

If Raiden's inclusion was indeed due to that line of thinking I curious about what % of people playing the character go with the premium skin as opposed to the default. 50%? 75%?
Hmmm? I'm not sure. I guess that will depend on who the bought the game. Is it mostly MK fans or DC fans? I tend to presume it's the latter and the inclusion of MK characters into the game brings the MK fans onboard.

like is he an MK char or something?
He's from deception. He's based around infinite healing so he fights without fear of injury. He use to rotate his torso all the way around and crazy shit like that. Always wanted to see him in today's technology.

Nobus3r1

House of Bane; ID: 8V596
Hmmm? I'm not sure. I guess that will depend on who the bought the game. Is it mostly MK fans or DC fans? I tend to presume it's the latter and the inclusion of MK characters into the game brings the MK fans onboard.
It would be interesting to know this. I actually find this sort of frustrating because the game is clearly keeping very detailed track of usage for very specific things (i.e. Atrocitus has spat 3,000,000,000 gallons of blood or Bane has broken 500,000 backs, etc.) but they don't seem especially inclined to track useful things.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Some characters were probably easier to obtain than others. Hellboy is rebooting the films, so it was probably easier to obtain him. Not sure why people are even complaining about Hellboy, at least he is a comic book character. The MK characters are the oddballs out.

It would be interesting to know this. I actually find this sort of frustrating because the game is clearly keeping very detailed track of usage for very specific things (i.e. Atrocitus has spat 3,000,000,000 gallons of blood or Bane has broken 500,000 backs, etc.) but they don't seem especially inclined to track useful things.
I wholeheartedly agree.

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones
I don't think twitter polls actually carry much weight. I also don't care where the guest characters come from, I just want them to be fun or interesting.
After all, if you were to actually think about it, these characters are just functions. They're just doing things.

KCJ506

Noob
From what I've read, Todd McFarlane can be pretty difficult to work with. Apparently the only reason he allowed Namco to use Spawn in Soulcalibur 2 was because they let him design an original character for that game.

What is Boons point of doing polls when they never include the winner of it as dlc?
Didn't Starfire win the poll that she was on?

Maybe they're adding Johnny and spawn in the next pack ? Just thinking about it , they put the 2nd most voted in the second pack itd only make sense if the most voted came in last