What's new

Let's analyze Fighter Pack 2... Spawn beat Hellboy, Johnny Cage beat Raiden

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
hell1.jpg

As many recall, Ed Boon made twitter polls back on November 16th, 2016 asking fans to vote for who they would want to see for Injustice 2. The polls asked between Non-MK guest character and MK guest character. On top of that, Boon then asked about Watchmen characters just days later, except it was a general poll asking if fans would like to see Watchmen characters with not naming any character specifically.

Back to the Hellboy and Raiden picks...

hellboy.png
Source tweet

I personally definitely want to see Spawn enter Injustice 2. However, with Hellboy going in first, does this mean the original intention was to have the two-highest voted characters? The same would not apply for below...

raiden1.png
Source tweet

I'm just confused on this one... ^

watchmen1.png
Source tweet

This means we're almost guaranteed two Watchmen characters?

With this being said, NetherRealm made it clear months back that there would be 10 DLC characters.

1. Red Hood
  2. Sub-Zero
  3. Starfire
  4. Black Manta
  5. Raiden
  6. Hellboy
  7. ?
  8. ?
  9. ?
  10. ?
So half of the cast of DLC characters is GUEST characters. I know there is plenty argument out there regarding this considering there are countless DC characters that also deserve a spot.

And if you're just joining us, you should know that Fighter Pack 2 was announced today featuring Black Manta, Raiden and Hellboy - see here.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Pretty sure there's only 9 characters coming post-launch. Darkseid was technically DLC, but he's part of that 10. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cage in the final fighter pack. If I had to guess, I'd say we are getting some sort of combination of Enchantress, Atom, Cage or Spawn.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I don't think twitter polls actually carry much weight. I also don't care where the guest characters come from, I just want them to be fun or interesting.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Interesting to think about. While I think the Watchmen stuff makes sense with Rebirth going on, I can't see where anyone would fit on the select screen. Right side would be Atom, Raiden and Hellboy and on the left we have Black Manta and the two mystery characters. The female silhouette could be Silk Spectre, but she'd be a weird pick over Dr. Manhattan

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Yeah there are 9 DLC characters, the 10 included Darkseid. If 2/3 of FP3 are guests then we may just have a riot on our hands.

Levaranoia

War God
Breh you have an alien avatar.. da fu
I know, but I'd still rather pure games even tho I do love predator and alien. They could of either brought in more past mk characters or they could made new ones. Same with injustice games. There is a countless amount of DC characters and you want put in random characters like raiden and hellboy?

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
With this being said, NetherRealm made it clear months back that there would be 10 DLC characters.

1. Red Hood
  2. Sub-Zero
  3. Starfire
  4. Black Manta
  5. Raiden
  6. Hellboy
  7. ?
  8. ?
  9. ?
  10. ?
So half of the cast of DLC characters is GUEST characters. I know there is plenty argument out there regarding this considering there are countless DC characters that also deserve a spot.
Well the 10th (actually 1st) character is Darkseid... remember?

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I know, but I'd still rather pure games even tho I do love predator and alien. They could of either brought in more past mk characters or they could made new ones. Same with injustice games. There is a countless amount of DC characters and you want put in random characters like raiden and hellboy?
Raiden and Hellboy? Random? You talk about one of the most important characters in MK history and another character that had his own series. In fact some DC characters would be way more random then them.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Fighter Pack 3 will 100% be:
The Atom
Spawn
Female Character (could be Enchantress, Mera, or whoever else)

I think this because neither of the more obvious silhouettes were trolls (Manta/Raiden), so it wouldn't make sense for the other obvious silhouette in The Atom to be a troll instead. Spawn will be in because he's a fairly popular choice and because I don't think they're gonna release a Pack without a guest in it. Female character is self explanatory I just really hope it's not Enchantress

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I read that the Spawn guy is kind of difficult to work with or something...but then I remember he was in the xbox version of SoulCal2 so idk how true it is lol

Hellboy was a cool surprise but him and Raiden both are looking kind of rough in the trailer IMO.