What's new

Let's agree on what GL needs in the patch

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Its the whole;

If someone comes up to you, and calls you a horse, you punch him in the face. If another person comes up to you and calls you a horse, you tell him to shut up and leave. If someone else comes up to you and calls you a horse, you shake your head and say no, and walk away.. If yet ANOTHER person comes up to you and calls you a horse..... Well, maybe it time to start shopping for a saddle?

Im sorry, but the idea that NRS is balancing based on comic book canon is kind of ridiculous.. Supes and Aqua and Bats and Adam, etc, are super powerful and SS tier and characters like Capt Cold will forever be bottom tier with no hope of being buffed because they are weak in the comics? Did I just read that wrong and you were being sarcastic or do you genuinely believe that when NRS sit down to make balance decisions they say "Ok guys, Superman is stronger than Capt Cold in comics, so he has to be better in the game to"? I mean.. Scarecrow seems to be quite strong, so does Harley and hell, Catwoman is hitting top THREE lists now and Im pretty sure Catwoman is NOTHING vs Superman.. I just dont get that logic, and you are so CONVINCED.

Ya know what, the top tiers very well may not get proper "adjustments" and they may remain super dominant, but I cant imagine that will have a damn thing in the world to do with a comic book's interpretation of relative strength.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
Its the whole;

If someone comes up to you, and calls you a horse, you punch him in the face. If another person comes up to you and calls you a horse, you tell him to shut up and leave. If someone else comes up to you and calls you a horse, you shake your head and say no, and walk away.. If yet ANOTHER person comes up to you and calls you a horse..... Well, maybe it time to start shopping for a saddle?

Im sorry, but the idea that NRS is balancing based on comic book canon is kind of ridiculous.. Supes and Aqua and Bats and Adam, etc, are super powerful and SS tier and characters like Capt Cold will forever be bottom tier with no hope of being buffed because they are weak in the comics? Did I just read that wrong and you were being sarcastic or do you genuinely believe that when NRS sit down to make balance decisions they say "Ok guys, Superman is stronger than Capt Cold in comics, so he has to be better in the game to"? I mean.. Scarecrow seems to be quite strong, so does Harley and hell, Catwoman is hitting top THREE lists now and Im pretty sure Catwoman is NOTHING vs Superman.. I just dont get that logic, and you are so CONVINCED.

Ya know what, the top tiers very well may not get proper "adjustments" and they may remain super dominant, but I cant imagine that will have a damn thing in the world to do with a comic book's interpretation of relative strength.
I was just going to say this. There's no way they're basing strengths or "tiers" off of comic books lol. Catwoman is, by comic book standards, the weakest fighter in this game yet she hits the 2nd or 3rd hardest and is in most people's top 5s.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I was just going to say this. There's no way they're basing strengths or "tiers" off of comic books lol. Catwoman is, by comic book standards, the weakest fighter in this game yet she hits the 2nd or 3rd hardest and is in most people's top 5s.
Exactly, Catwoman and Deadshot should be ass cheeks and Supergirl wouldn't hit like an overstuffed pillow.

Wigy

There it is...
He seems better than at least half the cast. Why dont we just nerf the top tier and see how things sit?

I think his b1 low profiling everything and the weird whiffing issues of the lift could be adjusted as more of a bug fix though.

Whats with the illuminati 'aquaman and superman are always guna be top tier'

They're boring and easy characters like scorpion and subzero are but no game creator is not guna intentionally make characters overpowered. That kills the competitive scene, and kills their money making.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Except this is a public forum, not an echo chamber for people to validate your opinions. If that's what you're looking for, Tumblr exists.
this post shows that you still are ignorant to what the point of this thread was. i want other opinions on what buffs or fixes he needs. it wasnt to validate mine. stop flame baiting and trying to get likes lol
Btw I don't think GL is in dire need of change. Not everyone has to be top 10 potential, there's always gonna be characters who are not. That said, GL doesn't have the same matchup problems he did in the first game. Not to say that he beats top tier or anything, but it's not like Inj1 where he got bodied in more than a couple matchups.

If anything had to change, it'd be making 2231 +2 to make his offense more consistent vs the cast. And that is pretty much it.
he loses 9-12 matchups in the current game. no joke.

Fred Marvel

for those of you wondering why im so convinced that im right, i was right about GL in the first game but most of you in here didnt play it competitively. i tried but my character was shit. i told everyone he was and got flamed out of the forums and called a downplayer even though damn near everything i said was right. now this is the same thing 4 years later, the character is ass average at best, no chance he's top 10 and he isnt top 15 either his best special mvoe doesnt even work properly and has no use outside of combos, he's worse than he was in the first game decisively and this game has more zoners (who have always bodied him) so how could he be better when he loses more matchups and was nerfed? and when the top tier is more broken. it just makes no sense but if you never played the first game like most of you who keep flame baiting me then you probably dont see it.

and if you think im a scrub or someone who doesnt play then play me ill pick GL and probably 5-0 you with him then still tell you he sucks

Fred Marvel

point of this thread is so we can show NRS the FEW changes he NEEDS so he doesnt get ignored like he did with every patch in Injustice 1

chores

bad at things
im sure DC comics and Warner Bros execs are browsing TYM and texting ed boon to not nerf aquaman cause it would harm their intellectual property. i mean they have to think about the upcoming justice league movies and literally dozens of people keep up with injustice 2 meta changes so that could really hurt sales at the box office. can you imagine if theres no aquaman in top 8 at evo? might as well not make the movie

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
this post shows that you still are ignorant to what the point of this thread was. i want other opinions on what buffs or fixes he needs. it wasnt to validate mine. stop flame baiting and trying to get likes lol
- This thread was made because you wonder what buffs or fixes he needs according to the community.
- The community says "Green Lantern does not need major buffs and/or fixes."
- You go "Guys stop I want to talk about the buffs he needs."

You're in a forum and you're here to discuss things. You say you don't want to validate your opinion but you don't seem to accept anybody with a differing one.

Fred Marvel

- This thread was made because you wonder what buffs or fixes he needs according to the community.
- The community says "Green Lantern does not need major buffs and/or fixes."
- You go "Guys stop I want to talk about the buffs he needs."

You're in a forum and you're here to discuss things. You say you don't want to validate your opinion but you don't seem to accept anybody with a differing one.
NO YOURE STILL WRONG STOP FUCKING FLAME BAITING ME

Fred Marvel

if you cont believe me go back and look at injustice 1 interviews where they straight up said they wanted characters like batman aquaman and superman to have all the tools. they literally said it. im not saying warner bros is saying make the suicide squad characters top tier but i am saying its not an accident that certain characters have way more put into them than others. if you cant see it or dont want to belive me thats fine but its literally on the internet look the shit up and stop flaming me

Fred Marvel

you guys take one thing and run with it then assume im saying the ridiculous things you are but im not at all. what im saying is right if you dont care about the character and dont play the character theres hardly any reason for you to be in this thread. you guys saying GL doesnt need buffs is like me saying brainiac doesnt or captain cold or canary ad theyre fine how they are.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
you guys take one thing and run with it then assume im saying the ridiculous things you are but im not at all. what im saying is right if you dont care about the character and dont play the character theres hardly any reason for you to be in this thread. you guys saying GL doesnt need buffs is like me saying brainiac doesnt or captain cold or canary ad theyre fine how they are.
Tell me one thing and I'll be out of this thread. Do you think it is a fact that Green Lantern needs buffs?

(Also I mained GL for this game's first month and he is currently my secondary, so I like to think I care at least a bit about him)

Skedar70

Noob
So your question is "what buffs he needs?". The answer is NONE. He is fine as he is and does way better than other characters who actually need buffs. He will look even better once the top tiers get nerfed.

Watch Gross play at evo and take notes and stop this nonsense.