What's new

Legacy Season II Impressions

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I still do not understand people's response to ermac.
Im not repeating myself cuz I live ermac, it is just that this is a new ermac with a new depiction.
He is a demon. A demon. What do you want him to look like?

The way he fights is even so ......unorthodox.... Not very natural movement. Not human like at all. I think the actor did a great job of making him very believable.
ermac is not a demon. its stated in mk deception

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Watched the whole series twice over the past 2 days. Here's my impressions:

Pros:
- The Kang/Lao storyline and relationiship was the highlight of the series. Both actors were great and I really liked the fact that KT changed the OG story, making Liu Kang a bad guy (at least temporarily)
- The Scorpion/ Sub-Zero storyline. I really enjoyed it in the first season and it is great here as well. KT once more altered the story making the Lin Kuei a japanese clan so that Hanzo and Bi Han could be childhoold friends. I also loved that Ian Anthony Dale reprised the role and the new Sub- Zero actor was pretty good as well
- The Shang Tsung and Johnny Cage recasts. Shang should have had long hair and a beard though
- Kenshi. Great actor and awesome backstory
- Special moves and fatalities. Great way to pay tribute to the fans, everything was executed perfectly. Scorpion should have used the Toasty fatality though
-The fight choreography. Despite being inferior to season 1 it was still top notch. No wonder since it's KT's field of expertise
- The musical score

Cons:
- The Raiden actor. Guy didn't even try, he was terrible and I am glad they didn't feature him much.
- No Sonya, Jax, Kano. They were in season 1 and are supposed to take part in the first MK tournament (at least Sonya and Kano) according to the OG storyline. Pretty sure we didn't see them due to budget constraints
-The whole series should have been a tournament. Not The Hunger Games MK edition-
-Some of the outfits and appereances. Ermac looking like an orc from LOTR and Sub's awful Moto-X suit
-Both Sub-Zeros getting killed. This shouldn't have happened. Pretty much eliminates Sub-Zero's presence in future seasons. Only Noob Saibot may happen
-A lot of cheesy lines and random quotes from the games thrown for no reason.
-Stryker's filler role. He shouldn't have been in this season at all. They should have used someone more relevant

Overall I'd say S2 is not as good as S1 (which I absolutely loved). S1 had better writing and acting, also the fact that it was focused on origin stories made it easier to translate into a web mini series. S2 felt rushed at times because of it trying to p0rtray a major event like the 1st MK tournament in 10 6-7 minute episodes, also the small budget didn't help.

However, I'm pretty sure KT did his best and I'm really looking forward to all his future MK projects. As a true MK fan he is the only one that can do the series justice at this time.
where did it say both subzeros died?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
im thinking of something awesome

what if both kuai liang and bi han died to become noob and saibot respectively? the younger brother living in the shadow of his older brother literally, theyll literally be always fighting side by side, like brothers

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Now that I've watched the whole thing:

Overall, decent enough. Found it to be quite hit-and-miss, except for the last two episodes which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Cons:
- Recastings, e.g. Cage (who wasn't awful, but the original guy was better) and Raiden, who was terrible.
- Unnecessary cursing.
- Sub-Zero's costume was seriously awful, and he and Scorpion should have continued speaking in Japanese.
- Writing/script was off at times. A lot of random quotes from the games thrown in for no real reason.
- Ermac.
- Some of the acting (looking at you, Mileena) wasn't great.
- The episodes were way too damn short.
- Most of the CG was laughable.
- I cannot believe that shit ended in a cliffhanger. I was getting SO hype and it just ended.

Pros:
- Brian Tee's Liu Kang was a goddamn badass and my favourite thing about this season. I want this guy for Legacy III, the movie and MK10 (if not as a fully-fledged character, then a skin at least). His relationship with Kung Lao was cool, too.
- KENSHI!
- I loved the guy playing Sub-Zero. Shame we probably won't be seeing him anymore.
- Cage had some amazing lines.
- A bit annoying that Scorpion did it, but the Spine Rip scene was awesome.
- Tagawa (Shang Tsung)'s still got it. Didn't really do much, though.

- Samantha Jo (Kitana):