What's new

Breakthrough - Butcher Leatherface Butcher's Meter and Meterless Vortex

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
In Leatherface's Butcher variation he has a meter less and meter vortex off his 22 string. 22 having a hit advantage of 21, his F3 (Low) having the start up of 17 and his F2 (Overhead) having a start up of 19 it is a true vortex. Here are the notations to set up the vortex based on the combos shown in the video.

Combo 1: The Metered Overhead

F21D2xx Ex DF2 NJP run F1 12xxBD4 JI2 B2 JI1 22 = 36%

Combo 2: the Metered Low

F3xx Ex DF2 NJP F1 12xxBD4 JI2 B2 JI1 22 = 31%

Combo 3: The Meter less Overhead

F21D2xxBD4 run B2 Ji1 22 = 26%

Combo 4: The Meter less Low

F3 xxBD4 run B2 Ji1 22 = 20%

@Lil Majin @Pig Of The Hut @YOMI FOREVER KING @YOMI REO @SonicFox5000

Last edited:

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I was not expecting to see this out of Leatherface. Did you test to see if the AI can block either low or standing before a follow up to the end of the vortex? The frame data does read true vortex, I'm just curious to the nature of the advantage at the end (Sorry if I'm being too skeptical of the in game frame data). This could be some awesome stuff in a variation that looks the most fun to play.

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
I'm sorry, guys. I uploaded the same video twice without noticing. I'll fix it and it should answer your question @AA25Mamba

Also, @FacelessMan. I'm actually a killer main, that variation doesn't have a vortex but that's fine because it's potentially the best pressure character in this game. I personally thinks it's his best.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Good stuff. It is a true vortex, but kind of unsafe with the low being non hit confirmable and punishable. The overhead f2 is hit confirmable into bd4 or block confirmable into safe string ender f21d22. This is how a vortex should be. Low damage without meter, and one option is unsafe.

Also, the notation for jump bop is df2, not db2.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
I'm sorry, guys. I uploaded the same video twice without noticing. I'll fix it and it should answer your question @AA25Mamba

Also, @FacelessMan. I'm actually a killer main, that variation doesn't have a vortex but that's fine because it's potentially the best pressure character in this game. I personally thinks it's his best.
I'm trying to use killer but i have a hard time getting started since all his starters are highs, and people just keep low profiling it. do you have any tips?? I've taken most of my games through the abuse of b2

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
I'm trying to use killer but i have a hard time getting started since all his starters are highs, and people just keep low profiling it. do you have any tips?? I've taken most of my games through the abuse of b2

I've been really abusing the range of f12 in most of my fights. I'm making a video now demonstrating of his pressure. In notations, it looks like this.

F12xxdb3 4 3(to cancel) 22 f12xxdb3 1

JayQwest

Noob
I think there might be an RC between the NJP and 12xxbd4 in combo 2, unless I'm doing it wrong. Slightly moving fwd also helps the 12 connect. Keep in mind I'm kinda new at this game so don't flame me please.

Last edited:
Would f21d1xxbd4 b2 122 f4 restand be considered vortex? 29% by the way.
No because it doesn't guarantee the next move. f4 is +15 on the restand while his low is 17, and overhead 19. That would leave a gap. With the 22 ender there's literally nothing they can do but guess since your mixup is guaranteed.

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
@JayQwest Bipolar Express is definitely the best to listen to. He seems like your kind of character, @BiPolarExxpress . But he's right, with a vortex like this, you want to keep their options limited to just blocking high or low. Giving them wiggle rooms also gives them more options to get out, it back dash, Jumping, or reversal out. And to answer your first question, yes you will have to run cancel after a njp.

@MadPropz101 Killer doesn't have the start ups to have a vortex style combo, but does have a 50/50 by staggering 22 I wouldn't recommend it but if youre desperate for the fix up, 22 into f3 or chainsaw stance 2 which is unsafe and ex version can be back dashed. I say you just keep the chainsaw pressure going and abuse his 6f d3

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
Also, I need to update this threat but you can push a little more damage out of this by adding a f1 into the mix. It'd look something like this

EX DF2 > NJP > F1 > 12xxBD4

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
So, I did a lot of testing on this this evening, and it is legit to the point of being legit. In the original notation it should be noted that there is a run between the chain sparks and the B2. Then you have to time the JI1 just as you pass over the enemies' head (failure to do either of these breaks the combo chain, which obviously allows the enemy to block).

So, to break it down in one meterless example: F21D2, BD4, Run, B2, JI1, 22

This is really good stuff. There isn't high damage or any ridiculous aspect to a vortex (a la Batgirl Injustice), but you are guaranteed the next overhead or low. The low is the only glaring issue as it is not safe or hit confirmable, but that allows the vortex to not be OP.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
So, I did a lot of testing on this this evening, and it is legit to the point of being legit. In the original notation it should be noted that there is a run between the chain sparks and the B2. Then you have to time the JI1 just as you pass over the enemies' head (failure to do either of these breaks the combo chain, which obviously allows the enemy to block).

This is really good stuff. There isn't high damage or any ridiculous aspect to a vortex (a la Batgirl Injustice), but you are guaranteed the next overhead or low. The low is the only glaring issue as it is not safe or hit confirmable, but that allows the vortex to not be OP.
It's legit for sure. I was using it online yesterday. I usually just go for 1 reset and if it works I just try to get damage. The only time I would try to put them in a prolonged vortex is if I was trying to make a comeback. About the ji1, you can just omit that and keep pushing them towards the corner.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
It's legit for sure. I was using it online yesterday. I usually just go for 1 reset and if it works I just try to get damage. The only time I would try to put them in a prolonged vortex is if I was trying to make a comeback. About the ji1, you can just omit that and keep pushing them towards the corner.
Yea, I noticed that after my last post. The Ji doesn't add much, and you don't run the risk of getting the timing right on that hit. Your idea of setting up the vortex once seems most practical. Leading with the overhead could set up the low (or vice-versa), but I'm weary of going for the low in consecutive attempts.

Publings

The Pissed Off Reptilian™

After the sparks you can also JIP then B2. I find myself doing that more often.