What's new

Breakthrough Le "Just Frame" Blocking

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I guess I can title it breakthrough, idk. But since I've been checking frame data, Rampage254 suggested I should check MMH's overhead teleport. Now I don't have a vid to go along with it, but ladies and gentlemen, it is in fact -9. It has pushback midscreen which makes it roughly -7 to -8 due to the distance your move now has to travel. BUT (I guess I'll make a thread for his frame data soon now then), his regular Teleport hits on the 28th frame and his overhead one hits on the 39th frame. I'll check in a bit of his IA teleport, but regardless, the info is that after he goes into the ground(fully), which from the ground is on the 23rd frame, it takes him EVERY TIME, 5 frames for the regular teleport, and the overhead, 16 frames. Simply put, crouch the entire time you see the teleport coming and just keep an eye on him, if he isn't hitting you right away, hit back and it will act like le "just frame" blocking and you can punish with 8 frame moves or less. Example, Superman's f2, DS Sword flip, LEx's corp charge, Flash's flying uppercut and so on. In the corner, it's pretty much the same except there's less pushback. Hope this helps

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
And to add for anyone having trouble with the timing, as MMH bounces from the blocked overhead teleport, watch his arms. His left arm is out while his right arm is tucked by his chest. As soon as you see that, that's when you can get out your stuff

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
A just frame block, into a just frame punish, and only then for only a few characters in the game.
I'll just hold down the whole time and let him freestyle all over my body.
This move is dumb and it makes the game dumb
Treu, I do agree its dumb lol, but there's also the universal, mb b3 that you can do on reaction, and there's no risk of a MB coming through like HG's mace charge

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I realized a little while back that I could punish it with Deathstroke's sword flip, but the timing feels inconsistent, plus I mean... the move is still just stupid. Nice find though.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Rofl is it really worth the punish to go for a just frame block into a just frame punish? Id love to see ppl try that online. Your probably bettrr off just mb b3'ing..but interesting idea non the less I guess

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Well this wont work on the Vita version due to him causing massive frame drops, but thanks for this. The morning I bought him as a DLC on Xbox I was playing around with him thinking that the overhead tele didn't make any sense. It's too safe. Kudos bro. It's Martian Time lol.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I don't think this is very practical but I like that people are looking for solutions. We still eventually find the answer. For now I'll keep guessing and dashing for a full punish

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
This reminds me or my MB B3 tech for scorp lololol.

The thing about MMH teleport is he wont throw it out like nothing, he will set it up and make sure you DONT punish it(Example: throwing out an orb to cover himself)