What's new

Le Joker Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I really think joker might be insane at zoning when his trait is active. Especially at level 3. I mean his gun has better recovery as it is and at 3 Ha!'s he will just be able to machine gun those. The low canister will also become fast. I am beginning to gain more interest in this character)
This is an underrated point about the HAs. They markedly increase his zoning capabilities. The problem with them in Injustice 1 was that no one ever noticed because of how impractical his parry was to use in actual matches. But, now that we can level up with HAs at our own discretion, we are in business :)

I'm very curious to see what kind of start-up/recovery the HAs have.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
It looks like they traded the flower for the joybuzzer, which I don't think is a good trade because the acid flower was a powerful tool in his arsenal, while the joybuzzer is just a parry in the end. This cut, combined with the fact that the crowbar may have lost some of its hit advantage worries me a lot.
Depends on the joybuzzer frames. Also, his trait got a huge, huge buff.

is the Joker the only one that's has more than one hairstyle choice?

If we look closer what first seems to be a batman's mask on Joker is actually Bat-Mite's mask. Maybe it is a hint at his connection to the 5th dimension beings like mr Mxysptlk and Bat-mite. One of the Multiverse mode earths already has Joker as the main baddy called Emperor Joker who rules all the metahumans, this is of course a reference to the Emperor Joker storyline where Mr J stole Mr Mxysptlk's powers.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Looks like his trait charges up instantly after running out.
I also just noticed his short hair head gear makes his hair look exactly like Supermans but just a bit scruffier and obviously green. Wonder if they did that on purpose

Wigy

There it is...
Never liked the idea of a speed boost trait. Guna totally screw any combos for me. Like im not sure what you'd do with it.

Never liked the idea of a speed boost trait. Guna totally screw any combos for me. Like im not sure what you'd do with it.
The increased speed trait opened up a lot more combo potential in IGAU, considering you are always aware of you trait level. There were some combo videos using his trait, BUT it was basicly useless back then because there was no practical way to get the trait more than once in a match and only a o level 1. I really think his neutral is going to be insane with the levels 2 and 3 active)

Wigy

There it is...
The increased speed trait opened up a lot more combo potential in IGAU, considering you are always aware of you trait level. There were some combo videos using his trait, BUT it was basicly useless back then because there was no practical way to get the trait more than once in a match and only a o level 1. I really think his neutral is going to be insane with the levels 2 and 3 active)
For 4 seconds.. I duno just seems like you cant get much done in that time.

I guess if he can get it out safely in your face off a knockdown or soemthing and it changed the frame data on his moves that would be handy

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
For 4 seconds.. I duno just seems like you cant get much done in that time.

I guess if he can get it out safely in your face off a knockdown or soemthing and it changed the frame data on his moves that would be handy
There are 3 levels to the trait. You get a lot more time after 3 laughs.

trufenix

bye felicia
Yeah, Joker's INJ1 trait would not have been anywhere near as irrelevant if he could actually land parries with some sort of frequency. If he can just turn it on now without being punished he's going to be way better, even without movelist updates.

That said everyone else in this game looks NUTS, so he is probably going to need some stuff to keep up.

jmt

Noob
I'm really curious to see how he plays when his trait is active. That speed boost doesn't seem that great, I hope I'm wrong. I mained him in injustice and I really want him to be great in injustice 2.

Last edited:

Jack White

It seems obvious from that stream that no one took the time to play him at all. That's worrying. Hopefully there were some devs that actually worked on him this time or we'll be stuck with the same whiffing problems from before.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
It seems obvious from that stream that no one took the time to play him at all. That's worrying. Hopefully there were some devs that actually worked on him this time or we'll be stuck with the same whiffing problems from before.
I missed the stream. What makes you say this?

Thingy

Retired account
I'm sorry, I'm not into low tiers in Injustice, the game is too wacky to pick one. Them Footsie LOL. what a Joke of a character (Literally) LOL.
Set ups for days, zoning ability, safe options, parry, one button speed enhancement, armored unblockable charge, a restand option, mixups, and the same amazing j2 from Injustice 1....if that looks low tier to you, you are drunk man. Joker looked phenomenal.

Jack White

I missed the stream. What makes you say this?
They seemed to not understand how a lot of his moves worked. They didn't know you couldn't b3 out of the meterburn gun shot, they didn't know you couldn't b3 out of the grab meter burn ability you could equip, and they explained away things they couldn't do/understand with "eh Joker mains can do it". I was just sitting there thinking, "come on guys, please."

Exactly, With presentations like this no one would expect to play that character. It was seemed flawled by the way they presented it. I retract some what I said but, They showed the char like It's a kind of a Joke of a character, missing combos whiffing strings into specials, It was awful to watch. I just hope the real char is much better than the showed in the stream.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
They seemed to not understand how a lot of his moves worked. They didn't know you couldn't b3 out of the meterburn gun shot, they didn't know you couldn't b3 out of the grab meter burn ability you could equip, and they explained away things they couldn't do/understand with "eh Joker mains can do it". I was just sitting there thinking, "come on guys, please."
Yeah that's some bullshit smh

Thingy

Retired account
The presentation was weak for sure, lol. But Mr. J has all the tools to do well in this game.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Reminds me of when they did Shinnok on their last stream and seemed like they barely touched him, and on release he was an unfinished piece of garbage.

However, he was buffed into uber tier, and nerfed but stayed top tier, so there's that lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.