What's new

Le Joker Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Now that he has been officially revealed, I thought the Joker deserved an appropriate speculation thread like every other character.

His moveset seems very similar to his Injustice 1 moveset, and his trait looks to be his most noticable change.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Noticeable changes
Trait does not require a parry to build. Instead he does a laughing animation that builds a HA.

Parry is now a special move (db2) and seems you can meter burn it for a follow up combo

Gun shot special move now has a meter burn version that launches the opponent.

Crowbar special move is now goes full screen

You can Combo After his SUPER!! Tyler tried to b3 after it hit but missed it and was gonna explain it before the lady hosting interrupted him. You can also see him recover in time while the opponent is in the air on the trailer video.

MB version might have armor? ( Seen in trailer but looks to be a gear move because it launches On hit and the one Tyler did on stream just added hits to the crowbar attack like in Injustice 1.)

All his normal strings have returned it seems. Didn't see a new one.

Low gas and air gas attacks are back and can be meter burned for a pop up again.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Alright, here are some changes I've noticed and their implications.

1. The gun can be meter burned to shoot a bang flag. This does a lot more damage and can act as a combo extender, however, it's still a high hitting projectile so it's generally not worth it for zoning wars.

2. New parry, joybuzzer shake. Deadly if meter burned since it can act as a combo extender. Not much else to say other than I hope it works for low normals as well.

3. Low gas can looks way faster, not just the startup, but the speed in which the projectile travels. High gas can looks mediocre still IMO.

4. Super is no longer full screen, but now you can combo out of it and it looks like an effective anti-air.

5. Teeth are back and seem unchanged.

6. Trait activates on laughs now, not parries. You still speed up just like before. The first laugh gives you a small boost for 4 seconds or so, but the last one gives you a big one for a long time just like before.

7. You can run with the crowbar, and meter burning the run gives you armour apparently.

8. There is an unblockable variation of the crowbar. May be gear, may be base, who knows.

9. Crowbar may not have as much hit advantage as before. Maybe CPU's aren't cancelling early enough, but the OTG stuff may be out :/

10. The Acid Flower is GONE. This move was hugely important, very sad to see it go.

Gear abilities:

1. Present box seems to replace teeth. If it hits opponent, they seem to launch towards the Joker. Also, seems like you can modify the distance you launch them just

2. You can throw the crowbar which I assume is gear ability, but insanely enough the lag for it is dash cancellable and I saw a CPU toss it, and then immediately dash, then do the running crowbar at the opponent. Oh, if this move hits, they're stunned, so you can hit them afterwards. High start up though.

3. One gear ability seems to be the power to meter burn the crowbar hits into a popup for a full combo.

4. The old parry looks back as a joy buzzer replacement. Saw the cpu randomly swipe in the old animation for it in a match once.

Main gameplay sources (high level CPU, so he's stronger and faster than normal):

And of course, the introduction trailer:

Last edited:

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Main gameplay sources (high level CPU, so he's stronger and faster than normal):
Interesting take away from the clash dialogue from this video:
Batman: Im ENDING this Nightmare...
Joker: Hashtag Grumpy Bat!!

Now out off all this madness how could the joker be up to date with social media trends if he's...well... you know lol..I think there is a clue in there...lol

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Can anyone confirm if you can combo off of his super? It looks like the opponent is launched very high and joker is recovered by then.

Jack White

Can anyone confirm if you can combo off of his super? It looks like the opponent is launched very high and joker is recovered by then.
Based on this part of the vid:

Tyler is bad at doing combos so he messed it up, but it definitely looks like you can combo off of it. Also, it looks like he was trying to say you could but he got interrupted by that co-host.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Based on this part of the vid:

Tyler is bad at doing combos so he messed it up, but it definitely looks like you can combo off of it. Also, it looks like he was trying to say you could but he got interrupted by that co-host.
This is big. One hard to block setup with the teeth then straight into super, with a possibility of a b3, f3. Is a lot of unclashable damage.

Let's just hope he isn't too meter dependent this time around.

Jack White

How do you know it's gone?
3 reasons.

1. Didn't see it an any of the gameplay he was shown in at all.
2. A lot of costumes the Joker wears do not feature the flower at all, while in I1, all his clothes had a flower because it was actually part of his model.
3. In one of the matches, when the start button was pressed, the acid flower wasn't visible on Joker's moveset.

It looks like they traded the flower for the joybuzzer, which I don't think is a good trade because the acid flower was a powerful tool in his arsenal, while the joybuzzer is just a parry in the end. This cut, combined with the fact that the crowbar may have lost some of its hit advantage worries me a lot.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
3 reasons.

1. Didn't see it an any of the gameplay he was shown in at all.
2. A lot of costumes the Joker wears do not feature the flower at all, while in I1, all his clothes had a flower because it was actually part of his model.
3. In one of the matches, when the start button was pressed, the acid flower wasn't visible on Joker's moveset.

It looks like they traded the flower for the joybuzzer, which I don't think is a good trade because the acid flower was a powerful tool in his arsenal, while the joybuzzer is just a parry in the end. This cut, combined with the fact that the crowbar may have lost some of its hit advantage worries me a lot.
Fair assumption, however that would really suck as it's probably his best special. I hope he still has it.

Jack White

According to this guy, there is a variation of the crowbar move that's actually unblockable. Whether that's a gear function or a part of his running crowbar effects, who knows.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
His d2 looks like it has less horizontal range and his gun seems to have better recovery. Just watched a video where a guy had his opponent juggled in the corner and he hit him with a string into gun into d1. We'll see how effective it ultimately is but as far as zoning it might prove useful

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Hey guys from the joker gen discussion thread, Since the game isn't out yet I want ahead and moved post to @Nexallus Pre-speculation thread right here for now till the game releases and ill unlock it for your posted pleasure!

Enjoy and speculate on folks! Joker General Discussion coming SOON!

I wouldn't mind losing the loss of acid flower if the crowbar launcher isn't a gear move. Sucks we lose an invincible wake up and making our opponent hold the chattering teeth but I think having a low/overhead (or unblockable if that's what it truly is) launcher makes up for it. Our corner game will still be really good and the midscreen game is much improved.

I really wish the shitty high canister is gear and the throwable crowbar was in his base move set.

I really think joker might be insane at zoning when his trait is active. Especially at level 3. I mean his gun has better recovery as it is and at 3 Ha!'s he will just be able to machine gun those. The low canister will also become fast. I am beginning to gain more interest in this character)

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Very excited to play Joker in Injustice 2. I'm disappointed about flower (LOVED the fuck out of that move), but very intrigued by full-screen crowbar and buzzer parry.

Status
Not open for further replies.