What's new

Latest MK11 Patch Adds Crossplay

I don't think this was ever in doubt given some of the comments, things said in previous KK's and interviews, and the state of play with crossplay at this point in time.

Although i was thinking maybe mid-late next year. But good to see that NRS is all over this.

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
If PC crossplay is not implemented it will be a severe failure on the part of NRS. The 100th slap in the faces of PC players who are just as loyal and just as fervent about the game as console players. We already tolerate being several days behind on every patch or update, and this is by far the most needed and desired update for PC. The playerbase on PC might as well just uninstall the game if not granted crossplay, the number of active users is abyssal currently and continual competitive matches is borderline nonexistent. Not receiving this patch, in no uncertain terms, WILL kill the PC playerbase.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
If PC crossplay is not implemented it will be a severe failure on the part of NRS. The 100th slap in the faces of PC players who are just as loyal and just as fervent about the game as console players. We already tolerate being several days behind on every patch or update, and this is by far the most needed and desired update for PC. The playerbase on PC might as well just uninstall the game if not granted crossplay, the number of active users is abyssal currently and continual competitive matches is borderline nonexistent. Not receiving this patch, in no uncertain terms, WILL kill the PC playerbase.
a bit overdramatic arent we? player numbers are fine and in eu you find matches without issues.....who you get is one but thats a other topic.
for now they have a beta for both consoles, no one said pc will not come at all but when it arrives it will be on a later date for sure. and even without it the game would not be dead, same as mkx is not dead...

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
11 is trending downward to significantly less players on PC than MKX had at this point during it's lifetime. Statistics are impartial to either side. It's a simple fact that MK11 is not doing well in terms of playerbase on PC, and will do even worse without crossplay.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
They can't even fix defensive meter bug on PC for MONTHS, don't expect anything from them.
Defensive meter bug? If they can still get it on Xbox, PS4 and Switch that's a good thing. Most FG aren't cross play, I was surprised they did this.

It's a huge surprise given that the implementation is probably taking a lot of resources from the devs, and after them not giving a f about fixing bugs, introducing a major feature like this was definitely not expected. As a Xbox player who wanted to move to ps4 just for the fgc presence their, I'm eager to play new players and mainly good players that will probably kick my ass.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
11 is trending downward to significantly less players on PC than MKX had at this point during it's lifetime. Statistics are impartial to either side. It's a simple fact that MK11 is not doing well in terms of playerbase on PC, and will do even worse without crossplay.
interesting narrative you try to build up here but apparently you know of steamcharts.com and maybe you should check that stuff out before you make such claims.

mk11 is now out for 9 month

MonthAvg. PlayersGain% GainPeak Players
Last 30 Days1,447.1+69.1+5.01%3,188
vs

mkx after 9 month

December 2015771.5+281.4+57.40%1,993

its doing much better than mkx and that game sold 10M Units overall....
in comparison to the other big titles its doing well too. tekken is the only one which shits on all of em while brawlhalla laughs about the tekken numbers...

its doing fine and before you claim otherwhise check your facts!

Zviko

Noob
Will Krossplay allow PlayStation 4 or Xbox One players to fight against PC, Nintendo Switch or Stadia players?

No, the Krossplay feature in Mortal Kombat 11 will not support PC, Nintendo Switch or Stadia at this time.

"at this time" means while it's still in the beta? PC probably needs it the most out of the 3 big platforms.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Will Krossplay allow PlayStation 4 or Xbox One players to fight against PC, Nintendo Switch or Stadia players?

No, the Krossplay feature in Mortal Kombat 11 will not support PC, Nintendo Switch or Stadia at this time.

"at this time" means while it's still in the beta? PC probably needs it the most out of the 3 big platforms.
"At this time" is the smart way of saying "No" while covering all bases. There's 0 guarantee it's coming to PC and them phrasing it this way is smart, not necessarily an indication that they're working on it for PC.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Check out online menus , there is option for cross play now .At least on ps4 . So they activated it

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
interesting narrative you try to build up here but apparently you know of steamcharts.com and maybe you should check that stuff out before you make such claims.

mk11 is now out for 9 month

MonthAvg. PlayersGain% GainPeak Players
Last 30 Days1,447.1+69.1+5.01%3,188
vs

mkx after 9 month

December 2015771.5+281.4+57.40%1,993

its doing much better than mkx and that game sold 10M Units overall....
in comparison to the other big titles its doing well too. tekken is the only one which shits on all of em while brawlhalla laughs about the tekken numbers...

its doing fine and before you claim otherwhise check your facts!
I've been telling people this for months. Every MK game since 9 does better than the one before it.

I feel like sometimes people think their circle is the center of the universe, but it's not. MK11 is a success for WB, and KL has gotten more people interested in playing online for a longer length of time.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Mk 11 has sold more than every other fg this year with smash being the one exception but this will help the game even more. I Noticed they said "switch. PC and stadia not at this time" hmmm sounds hopeful.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
Check out online menus , there is option for cross play now .At least on ps4 . So they activated it
then its time for you console guys to test it out and give feedback. which modes is is limited to?
edit- seems casual only, whats about private matches?

Gamer68

Fujin!
then its time for you console guys to test it out and give feedback. which modes is is limited to?
edit- seems casual only, whats about private matches?
Not sure if it's true but some people on Reddit are saying there are Crossplay Rooms, so it's easier to find specific people to play.