What's new

Latest MK11 Patch Adds Crossplay

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
lol @ people saying NRS ain't that smart, what? Uhh pretty sure it's true. Trolls...:rolleyes:

We just need official confirmation.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Its mostly for xbox guys bc all best players play on ps4 :p
Honestly, that is the way it has always been. There are, and have always been, plenty of good players on Xbox, but there have always just been more good players on Playstation.

I've been longing for crossplay since MK Deception. This is like a dream come true for me.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Honestly, that is the way it has always been. There are, and have always been, plenty of good players on Xbox, but there have always just been more good players on Playstation.

I've been longing for crossplay since MK Deception. This is like a dream come true for me.
Thats why I sold my xbox and bought ps4 . All the pros are here .

Agilaz

It has begun
On the subject of crossplay: Excellent. Every fighting game - hell, every online MP game - should have this.

I do wonder how they'll manage from a technical side though. I'm assuming this opens up random matchmaking between consoles, but without an overarching platform to house players from both sides, how would a PS4 player manually invite an Xbox player?

They'll need something like this or have the platform be the game itself, complete with its own friends lists etc.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I mean it sucks that there is no PC/Switch crossplay but at least we got something. I honestly didn't expect crossplay in any form to be added so quickly. This is really good for Xbox players because it means they will have more people to play with now due to most players being on PlayStation.

Plus they could always add PC/Switch crossplay in the future.

Onilordasmodeus

I mean it sucks that there is no PC/Switch crossplay but at least we got something. I honestly didn't expect crossplay in any form to be added so quickly. This is really good for Xbox players because it means they will have more people to play with now due to most players being on PlayStation.

Plus they could always add PC/Switch crossplay in the future.
I'm sure they'll add CP for PC. It won't come to the Switch though. the Switch version is to unstable.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Oh yeah, another thing: Crossplay can only work if there is parity between systems -- as in updates drop at the same time on all platforms.

Maybe they found a way to have Xbox updates drop at the same time as the PS4 ones, but PC and Switch need more time since those versions are ported by different devs.

haketh

Noob
If this is real, I'm sure PC will be added in the near future. PC patches are always a bit behind.

Switch on the other hand....lol, no. Ain't no way Switch would be compatible with the other consoles.
Battle for the Grid has XB1/Switch Crossplay, it’s possible

Onilordasmodeus

Battle for the Grid has XB1/Switch Crossplay, it’s possible
Let me rephrase. The Switch version of MK11 runs like crap compared to the other versions. Unless NRS REALLY scales back the Switch version so that it can comfortable run at 60 FPS all the time, thus getting performance parity across all the platforms, crossplay won't come to the Switch version of MK11.

DDTECH

H8TR MKR

Confirmed