What's new

Latest IGAU comic => Raven obviously playable?

Raven is playable?

• Total voters

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Inb4 Raven is hard to use in Injustice and none of you people actually main her.
This.

Too bad I can't see anybody as being hard to use in this game.

Well... depends on your definition of "hard to use" I guess.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I don't like Marvel, but I'm really in love with the design of a lot of the character movesets in that game. If I could play a slightly slower paced 1v1 game with Doc Strange or Dormammu-esque character kits, I'd be a very happy. The more I think on it, Raven just might be my best shot at that.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
That's the beauty of NRS. Injustice is probably going to be easy to pick up and do stuff with(to keep their casual audience) but even from the limited segments we've gotten in videos it's obvious they're going for a very advanced (I'd say unique) meta game, much more so than MK9 offered.

Then again the execution might be tougher too. we don't know yet

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Then again the execution might be tougher too. we don't know yet
Man, better not be. I haaaaaate execution barriers in fighting games. It's shit for new players, proves exactly nothing competitively and shows developers think people have waaaaaaay too much free time.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Man, better not be. I haaaaaate execution barriers in fighting games. It's shit for new players, proves exactly nothing competitively and shows developers think people have waaaaaaay too much free time.
While I disagree ever so slightly, I don't think Injustice is going to have much in the way of input barriers.

The Mortal Kombat games have never had difficult execution, especially for low to mid level techniques. Of course, there are always some advanced moves and techniques that require a good amount of timing and proper execution, but that's how it should be. I don't think casuals or semi-competitive online players need worry. NRS has stated in the interviews that they want it to be accessible while having depth for the hardcore audience.

Reactions: RYX

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I would love if all the Rogues were just one character in the game. Sort of like Pokemon Trainer in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

I made this argument earlier with how I wish Resurrection Man would play if he were to be included, but imagine swapping betweeen the Rogues for slightly different move sets/special moves?

It's waaaay too complicated but it's a fun idea.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I would love if all the Rogues were just one character in the game. Sort of like Pokemon Trainer in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

I made this argument earlier with how I wish Resurrection Man would play if he were to be included, but imagine swapping betweeen the Rogues for slightly different move sets/special moves?

It's waaaay too complicated but it's a fun idea.
Nah, if they did the Pokemon Trainer idea I would just like it if each of them were their own character.

If all the Rouges were one character I think it'd just be cooler/simpler if Captain Cold was just the actual character and Mirror Man, Trickster, and Heatwave would be parts of some of his special moves. That'd be one sick character.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
This, I remember when I first started learning the Guilty Gears. Fucking TK Badland looop, Potemkin Buster FRC combo, and learning Dizzy combos.

I still love the game, but the time in the training room (I'll never call it "the lab") needed to be able to just do things efficiently is stupid.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
This, I remember when I first started learning the game. Fucking TK Badland looop, Potemking Buster FRC combo, and learning Dizzy combos.

I still love the game, but the time in the training room (I'll never call it "the lab") needed to be able to just do things efficiently is stupid.
You knew I was talking about Guilty Gear. +3 internets. But I would've also accepted Street Fighter's necessary-to-be-effective-with-character one frame links.

I played Venom in that game though, so nothing you listed makes me feel bad for you. Hah.