What's new

Last night...I played pre-patch MK9.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I was called unreasonable for deleting the patch sometime ago too. ;_;

Pre-patch is something I wanna explore, but there's no one to play with here. :( It is fun to see the AI try punish Lao's spin with Gotha Grab though.

I'd love to see a casual pre-patch tournament. Especially Kabal, since he was unexplored back then.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
I was called unreasonable for deleting the patch sometime ago too. ;_;

Pre-patch is something I wanna explore, but there's no one to play with here. :( It is fun to see the AI try punish Lao's spin with Gotha Grab though.

I'd love to see a casual pre-patch tournament. Especially Kabal, since he was unexplored back then.
kabal would win....f32~ndc was a block infinite....lol, u could literally put the controller down and walk away and ur character would still be blocking....XD

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
kabal would win....f32~ndc was a block infinite....lol, u could literally put the controller down and walk away and ur character would still be blocking....XD
No, you would get hit.

Scariest thing is, Sonya is better now than she was with the infinites...
No she isn't lol ... she touches you with d4~ms, the round is over to a block infinite... how is she better now without that?

I'm bustin' chops!

Justice

Noob
No she isn't lol ... she touches you with d4~ms, the round is over to a block infinite... how is she better now without that?
According to most around here, Sonya is still like that without the infinites.

I just find her to be more well-rounded post patch. But yeh, the damage output was insane back then :p

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
LMFAO Reptile 47% midscreen BnB and 67% corner into reset, crazy meter-building , pushback on Elbow Dash and lack of armor + less invincibility frames on wake-up makes Forceballs BAWSS.

And my beloved pre-patch Sub. Corner Ice Clone set-up into just-out-of-range 22 on block ALL DAY!

Not to mention Raiden Teleport was like -10 at the time.

Smoke JK~AG reset anyone?

Cyrax B1212 bomb trap.

Kano KNIVES AND UPBALL OMG.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
LMFAO Reptile 47% midscreen BnB and 67% corner into reset, crazy meter-building , pushback on Elbow Dash and lack of armor + less invincibility frames on wake-up makes Forceballs BAWSS.

And my beloved pre-patch Sub. Corner Ice Clone set-up into just-out-of-range 22 on block ALL DAY!

Not to mention Raiden Teleport was like -10 at the time.

Smoke JK~AG reset anyone?

Cyrax B1212 bomb trap.

Kano KNIVES AND UPBALL OMG.
Yeah, fuck that game.

Seapeople

This one's for you
LNF Scorpion's blockstrings into hellfire, Skarlet's daggers and her full combos off a slide + vortex.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
how was sub S-tier?
I don't know if he was S tier (in hindsight, lets face it a lot of characters were very unexplored). But he was definitely atleast A+, and it wasn't even just stuff taken away from him it was all the other buffs other characters got that affected Sub more than anyone else. Jax used to loose to Sub, Johnny Cage pretty much could not touch Sub, Sonya could not wake up vs Sub. Basically every time another character got an armor move it was an indirect nerf to Sub Zero. Not only that but he actually used to be a very damaging character, even without his reset.