What's new

Last night...I played pre-patch MK9.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I was with about 7 guys playing MK, AE, and Marvel 2 and 3. We took a break from MK, so I just sat and watched the other games. Then we put MK on another ps3, and as we booted it up, my sparring partner YeraKof looks at me and says, "I don't think this system is patched."

Holy lord shitballs fuck goddamn. Or in other words, Kung Lao. And Kabal. And Kitana. And Cyrax.

I bought MK9 on day one but I didn't play it competitively until around EVO 2011, so I never really knew the true horrors of pre-patch days. I AA'd him with a standing fan from Kitana, into a combo. He thought he'd live. Nope. 50 goddamn percent. We were shocked.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I do not like vanilla MK9 because both Scorpion and Stryker were both worse than they are now.

I just hope vanilla taught NRS to put a little bit more time and money into QA

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
how was vanilla cage?
take away armor on his shadow kick.
sweep is hella fast, making his combos have sweep in them (40%)
f32nutpunch is a string.
There is a parry glitch where you can just keep doing the xray by holding down and block.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
take away armor on his shadow kick.
sweep is hella fast, making his combos have sweep in them (40%)
f32nutpunch is a string.
There is a parry glitch where you can just keep doing the xray by holding down and block.
lol dash is better too so didnt 21f2 have more options for combos?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
People don't realize the extent of Kitana's damage nerf. It is quite substantial. You just don't see it in her normal BnB combos off of f21 or 21 or f41, but landing an aaGround Fan or going for an extended corner combo. Xray is next to useless in a combo of more than 3-4 hits now.