What's new

General/Other - Lasher Lasher Discussion Thread

If u guys havent found out already the air whip combos into the df+1 whip which can combo into any one of his whip specials. Leading into aome lretty rediclious punishes from downtowm!

So what's the verdict on Lasher guys?
lasher is a good variation against certain matchups. I think against kotal kahn it's ideal because whith his forward advancing pokes you can jump back into your air whip into a low whip into a special move with you get you a full combo. Basically the range u get from ur d+f1 makes any whip special move safe after due to the pushback and range.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
If u guys havent found out already the air whip combos into the df+1 whip which can combo into any one of his whip specials. Leading into aome lretty rediclious punishes from downtowm!
Just for clarity, do you mean diagonal+1 or Whip Strike? I'm guessing you mean diagonal+1 because of the below quote.

lasher is a good variation against certain matchups. I think against kotal kahn it's ideal because whith his forward advancing pokes you can jump back into your air whip into a low whip into a special move with you get you a full combo. Basically the range u get from ur d+f1 makes any whip special move safe after due to the pushback and range.
I'm just curious guys, are you doing the ranged low poke after the air whip f+1? I ask because if you're using the f+2 version of the air whip, you can combo with b2, or b1 if you're in that low slash range. I know that f+1 seems to hit better, I guess because it has a faster start up time, but unless you're close you don't have a lot of options after it except for the low slash.

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Takeda (Lasher) 51% Corner 2 Bar (Overhead Starter)

B21 EX Kunai 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Assault

Note: For those who find it difficult to hit the final Whip Assault after D1, it may be easier (and more online friendly) to end in Whip Trip instead for the same about of damage

--------------------------------------------------

Takeda (Lasher) 50% Corner 2 Bar (Low Starter)

B3 EX Kunai 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Trip

Note: Can also end in Whip Strike instead for the same about of damage

Takeda (Lasher) 51% Corner 2 Bar (JIP Starter)

JIP 3 3 EX Kunai 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Assault

Note: His 112 string can also combo into EX Kunai. If 33 is replaced with 112 instead, it will result in a 50% combo

Alternatively, you can also go with a JIP 44 EX Kunai to make use of the 16% reset into a 48% 2 meter as shown below (although 44 EX Kunai is not an real combo string)

Takeda (Lasher) 16% Reset + 48% Corner 2 Bar (JIP Starter)

JIP 4 4 EX Kunai 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Trip

Note: The opponent can successfully block low after the 44 EX Kunai to avoid a full combo punish

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
What's the most damage you guys are getting with one bar midscreen and corner? I'm getting 35% midscreen and 40% in the corner off one bar

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
What's the most damage you guys are getting with one bar midscreen and corner? I'm getting 35% midscreen and 40% in the corner off one bar
Yeah that's about as high as I've gotten if your almost to the corner you can sneak in a d2 and get more damage

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Not home to make a vid (will do so tonight) but I've been getting 40% with the following:

Mid-screen 40% (1-Bar)

Air DF+2, 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Assault

Let me know how that works for you! :)

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Not home to make a vid (will do so tonight) but I've been getting 40% with the following:

Mid-screen 40% (1-Bar)

Air DF+2, 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Assault

Let me know how that works for you! :)
Im looking for higher damage off of the b2/b3 starter, I should've specified. And it's just f2 for the jump in/back whip in the air, you don't gotta do df2.

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Im looking for higher damage off of the b2/b3 starter, I should've specified. And it's just f2 for the jump in/back whip in the air, you don't gotta do df2.
Ahh gotcha! And thanks for the clarification! I was doing DF as I thought it was the same as his low poke...

What's the highest damage combo your getting off of F1(2) 2+4?

Can you list some of your mid-screen 35% 1 bars as well? Curious to see what your BnB's are for the following starters:

F1(2) 2+4
B2(1)
B3
NJP

Last edited:

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Ahh gotcha! And thanks for the clarification! I was doing DF as I thought it was the same as his low poke...

What's the highest damage combo your getting off of F1(2) 2+4?

Can you list some of your mid-screen 35% 1 bars as well? Curious to see what your BnB's are for the following starters:

F1(2) 2+4
B2(1)
B3
NJP
Same as the one you listed for the b2 and b3 starter minus 44 starter. Njp, haven't really looked for an optimal ckmbo off of that and I can't get much damage off f1(2) 2+4 meterless midscreen

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Same as the one you listed for the b2 and b3 starter minus 44 starter. Njp, haven't really looked for an optimal ckmbo off of that and I can't get much damage off f1(2) 2+4 meterless midscreen
I assumed as much regarding F1(2) 2+4 as I have had similar results with low damage %.... I need to lab up some potential NJP combos as well but doesn't look like we are allowed much damage mid screen for either of these starters...

How are you using Whip Strike in a usual match? So far I only use it rarely as an raw Anti Air by itself or to continue a corner combo...

I feel like I'm not optimizing its uses though.. Is there anything I'm missing or should keep in mind regarding that move (and its EX version)?

Last edited:

craftycheese

The most meterless I can get off of f1, 2, 2+4 is ending with Whip trip which is like 17%

craftycheese

this is why I dont like f1, 2, 2+4 or f1, 2+4 in lasher. the mix up at the end isnt worth it.
Ya it is frustrating, I've come to find in that variation that you cannot use that string as much for pressure like you can in other variations. That's not the ideal range you should be in.

That being said, you are at a lot of advantage after Whip trip hits.

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
this is why I dont like f1, 2, 2+4 or f1, 2+4 in lasher. the mix up at the end isnt worth it.
Ya it is frustrating, I've come to find in that variation that you cannot use that string as much for pressure like you can in other variations. That's not the ideal range you should be in.

That being said, you are at a lot of advantage after Whip trip hits.
I still think its viable especially when you have no choice in being in close range... It works just as well as it does in SR except for the damage output... Remember SR wasn't supposed to be good in close range either lol

Ponkz

Noob
I have 41% in corner. Its 42% with a jump in

Someone might be able to get more I had 2 minutes to try it.

B21 exbf4(close) 4 df1 d1, df1

Last edited:

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
How are you using Whip Strike in a usual match? So far I only use it rarely as an raw Anti Air by itself or to continue a corner combo...

I feel like I'm not optimizing its uses though.. Is there anything I'm missing or should keep in mind regarding that move (and its EX version)?
So started playing more rush heavy players and understand Whip Strike more now... It clearly works against characters who try to cross up JIP (or regular JIP) whenever they knock you down or try to cross up..

Last edited:

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Takeda (Lasher) NJP Starter 1 Bar 29% (Near Ender)

NJP 4 4 EX Whip Assault B21 Whip Scoop

Note: This is useful if you want to end the NJP combo with the opponent right in front of you to continue pressure.

Takeda (Lasher) NJP Starter 1 Bar 29% (Far Ender)

NJP 4 4 EX Whip Assault B21 Whip Strike

Note: This is useful if you want to end the NJP combo with the opponent across the screen for you for optimal spacing.

Last edited:

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Takeda (Lasher) JIP Starter 1 Bar 40%

Forward Jump F+2, 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP (Step Forward) 4 4 Whip Assault

Note: Without the F+2 starter, the combo still hits for 39% and is useful for punishes.

Last edited:

Dust

Iron Dragon
Takeda (Lasher) JIP Starter 1 Bar 40%

Forward Jump F+2, 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP (Step Forward) 4 4 Whip Assault

This is what I been doing since 9/1/15 patch. Even without the JIP it is a 39% 1 bar punish combo. I like.

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Takeda (Lasher) - B21 35% 1 Bar (Overhead Starter)

B21 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Assault

Takeda (Lasher) - B3 33% 1 Bar (Low Starter)

B3 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Assault

Note: You can end this combo with Whip Strike as well for same damage %.

Takeda (Lasher) - F12 2+4 Starter 25% 1 Bar

F12 2+4 (1st hit of 2+4 only) EX Kunai Run B2 Whip Assault

Note: This is the most damaging 1 bar F12 2+4 combo starter I could find post Sept 1st, 2015 patch.

Last edited:

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
I have 41% in corner. Its 42% with a jump in

Someone might be able to get more I had 2 minutes to try it.

B21 exbf4(close) 4 df1 d1, df1
Yeah you can get 45% with 44 bf2 mb,st.4,df1,f12+4,df1
I meant just keeping it to 1 bar of meter used, If your going to use two bars 50% is easy with kunai restand.
Yea that combo is one bar

@Ninequads93 is right his combo can achieve 45% with one bar.

Alternatively, you can use 4 4 EX Whip Assault NJP 4 4 Whip Strike D1 Whip Trip as well for 45% @Ponkz