What's new

Lao's Mobile Armor

Espio

Kokomo
With this and the ability to interrupt a ton of strings, especially with those new threads on the interruptable string thread/project made Kung Lao's 6 frame spin much more potent and relevant (it was already good despite it now being full combo punishable), I suspect Kung Lao will regain his original traction. He never was bad after the nerfs, just more reasonable.

Also shoutouts to everyone being like the Rosetta Stone for pumping out information almost daily, very nice.

Also looking forward to the Freddy and Sektor breakdowns.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Yes it's known.But late 3 or instant 3 are more worth doing.
Actually if you whiff the grab off of ex tele you get massive armor so its better than 3 because you cant punish it.
Im not asking if its known but why isnt it used more
People don't know about the extra armor off the ex teleport whiff grab. Its ridiculous actually try it you will start crying.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Actually if you whiff the grab off of ex tele you get massive armor so its better than 3 because you cant punish it.

People don't know about the extra armor off the ex teleport whiff grab. Its ridiculous actually try it you will start crying.
Lol i have tried it ...................hence this thread lol

Silly Curbo

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
I remember seeing this in actions during some matches (can't recall at what event). In any case, I don't know why I thought this was fixed or removed with the patches.

So, just to clarify: to activate it you whiff :fp:, correct?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I remember seeing this in actions during some matches (can't recall at what event). In any case, I don't know why I thought this was fixed or removed with the patches.

So, just to clarify: to activate it you whiff :fp:, correct?
Whiff 2 , i dont know what FP is anymore lol

Or you can just land from ex tele w armor

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Glue criticizes most KL players for doing Teleport like it is made of gold... Who could have thought :ex Teleport is actually made of it? LOL

oBryant

Noob
Well, to get away from it. Its character specific. With Lao I would just roll into him. Armor makes his roll go through him and anything he does will whiff. I think with Sonya you could MS stance (moves you away from KL) then back dash or something.. subzero/reptile can probably slide away from it.
This is not always consistent though. You beat me to it, i was gonna post the same thing. Sometimes you can down poke him and sometimes you cant. IF it is consistent it requires extreme timing.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
UsedForGlue shed some light on this?
It's not if you don't press buttons, but you hold your armour if you wiff a :fp from the teleport, this was going to by my '':ex teleport punish on people who try to punish your :ex teleport'', I can't make a video of this, but next time you get a chance, do a Lao :ex teleport and wiff the grab with :fp as low to the ground as possible, make sure the grab animation is seen but doesn't fully finish, and you will walk through your opponents shit.

I have walked through a Cage F33 before.

UsedForGlue

Ive only seen Foxy and I heard Sektroll did this around EVO so I was wondering why this isnt more commonly used?

When you use ex tele w Lao if you whiff a 2 or don't attack and just land then you have armor when you hit the ground to start your pressure.

Are there negatives to using this or do people not like to use it ?
Not many people know about it, but its really very new, especially wiffing a grab from the :ex teleport, it works, very very well, and I don't think other amour moves can disable it, as you will not have spent it until you land, and the opponent will have done their armoured move by then.

@Perfect Legend you watching this? And I don't think people aren't using it is not because it isn't good, nobody knew about it I think. And it doesn't necassarily have to mean its better than teleport 3 or instant 3 because they compliment eachother it becaomes a mindgame.

I knew about it since first day the game was out but I didn't know how reliable it was cause sometimes I would get the armor or wouldn't get the armor so I just left it alone and since practice mode sucks in this game its not like its easy to test and see lol

UsedForGlue

The problem with :ex teleport is, its hard to do outside of a combo, and inconsistent even when you know how to do it.

But its incredibly easy from any string or combo.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Yea me and Sektroll discovered this back at Evo. The armor only lasts so long, but if you input a move just before the armor runs out, the armor will extend for the entire length of the move you do, thus extending the amount of time you will have armor. I think the overhead is the longest lasting move out of his teleport, so if you do it late enough, you'll have armor all the way to the point of when you land.

But most players with KL experience already can dash away on reaction tot he ex tele, hence why most KL players try to do a 3 as quick as possible to try and catch people before they get away...but then they lose their armor...its all a clusterfuck really. :p

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
so let me get this straight, if i ex tele and do nothing, simply land with armor and continue pressure? please confirm... or do you MUST whiff the grab? if so how do you reliably whiff the grab - perform a late grab or early? because you wouldnt want to accidently score the grab when you want pressure lol. im at work which is why im asking instead of going and doing it myself.

why wouldnt one at least perform a late 3 for an initial extra hit on their pressure? is it because that leaves you open to be poked as the 3 is coming out? i think the late 3 will combo into pressure right?

so let me get this straight, if i ex tele and do nothing, simply land with armor and continue pressure? please confirm... or do you MUST whiff the grab? if so how do you reliably whiff the grab - perform a late grab or early? because you wouldnt want to accidently score the grab when you want pressure lol. im at work which is why im asking instead of going and doing it myself.

why wouldnt one at least perform a late 3 for an initial extra hit on their pressure? is it because that leaves you open to be poked as the 3 is coming out? i think the late 3 will combo into pressure right?
You must whiff the grab to get the extra frames of armor, just practice whiffing the grab its not hard. And you cant' get poked out of 3 once you're able to do it after appearing on screen, they either had to inputted the d1 earlier than you inputted the 3 because 3 comes out at 5 frames, its actually the fastest move in the game and thats why some people get caught by the 3 when they are too late with trying to anti air you with d1.

The extra armor is a very good tool, but not to be abused, It makes your opponent respect the other options a lot more which is great. When they start to respect it, they will try to wait and see what happens, and when they try to poke you when they don't think youre going to use the whiffed grab armor you can hit them with the 3 for full combo.

Eazail

Noob
I personally don't use it much because I've been hit out of the teleport even when I do nothing. I think a late d4 can do it. It loses armor close to the ground I think.