What's new

Lao's Mobile Armor

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Ive only seen Foxy and I heard Sektroll did this around EVO so I was wondering why this isnt more commonly used?

When you use ex tele w Lao if you whiff a 2 or don't attack and just land then you have armor when you hit the ground to start your pressure.

Are there negatives to using this or do people not like to use it ?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
does this count for any whiffed normal out of the tele or just the 2?
i had no idea he kept his armor if he didnt press buttons, i wonder how many frames it stays active after hitting the ground

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Im in severe study and training mode lately in this game

I want to be most prepared as humanly possible
You arent human are you ? ARE YOU ?!

Back to topic, yes this is correct. Foxy and Nikolas have done it to me. Its so good it sucks.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I think the armour stays active for longer if you whiff a move rather than just let him drop. I had the impression it only worked if you whiff the 1 though, idk.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I don't think he does. I remember d1-ing him in training mode. You have to wait when he starts coming down to hit him out of it.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I don't think he does. I remember d1-ing him in training mode. You have to wait when he starts coming down to hit him out of it.
This is not always consistent though. You beat me to it, i was gonna post the same thing. Sometimes you can down poke him and sometimes you cant. IF it is consistent it requires extreme timing.

Pig Of The Hut

I think the armour stays active for longer if you whiff a move rather than just let him drop. I had the impression it only worked if you whiff the 1 though, idk.
It definitely works just as well if you just land.

I had a video uploaded to youtube w fly and I playing w this but youtube is being pretty lame

He landed a couple of time and i was able to hit him with a 2 hit combo which his armor absorbed still giving him the advantage

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I got so mad when this happened to me the other day. I thought armor runs out when lands so I strike the guy solid with an uppercut and he's still fucking standing there. At first I was like "he has armor after he lands?!?" but now it seems you've clearly it up. The question is how do you deal with ex tele now? I usually try to jump away and end up eating his 3. It knocks me away, but maybe just backdash? idk

Pig Of The Hut

Hey now...I told pig about it. don't get it twisted! Lol but we shouldn't take ANY credit because this is ALL foxy.

The only way this works is if you wiff the grab on eh tele.
yea Fly told me about it and was one showing it off w me taking the abuse

I asked 16 bit about it and he said Sektroll used to do this and fly says Foxy uses it really well

Pig Of The Hut

I got so mad when this happened to me the other day. I thought armor runs out when lands so I strike the guy solid with an uppercut and he's still fucking standing there. At first I was like "he has armor after he lands?!?" but now it seems you've clearly it up. The question is how do you deal with ex tele now? I usually try to jump away and end up eating his 3. It knocks me away, but maybe just backdash? idk
Best thing to do is GTFO

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
With NW I use eh choke.

It beats their attack in the air but if they try to bait and use mobile armor you just have to read it and wait, using your armor to eat his incoming attacks.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Ive only seen Foxy and I heard Sektroll did this around EVO so I was wondering why this isnt more commonly used?

When you use ex tele w Lao if you whiff a 2 or don't attack and just land then you have armor when you hit the ground to start your pressure.

Are there negatives to using this or do people not like to use it ?
This was discovered by Mezmerize. He showed me and I showed glue and what happens is if you Whiff the grab off the ex tele, you get about 2-3 extra hits of armor. Whiffing it is like whiffing the deep jump in punch where you see it slightly come out but it doesnt register and you recovery imediately. This is REALLY good because if you do this then your opponent can never punish your teleport. The only bad thing is if its read you can back away and the KL player loses a bar of meter but thats it. Its basically like round house kick armor from rain you keep the armor into your next normal. I've tried punishing it with d4 kartwheel with sonya and ex dash punch with jax and the armor still went through me but thats all I tried so far.