What's new

Lag gets crazy in this...

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Usually it's some guy from another contry or just someone with a garbage connection beasting on me in a ranked game. Cant even do anything :( You have to guess everything.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
If you sense a bad connection, pick kabal...even with major button loss due to the connection quality, you can still spam the spin and uppercut.

Scoot Magee

Yeah but sometimes it's random. I'll get a guy with 3 green bars and it will have mad button delay. Then I'll get a guy with 3 yellows and it's pretty playable. 4 greens is always very good for me though.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The worst connection I've had so far was with a guy from Japan. Otherwise it's been great.

Scoot Magee

I don't know about great. Unless it's 4 and sometimes 3 green bars for both people theres always a very noriticable amount of button delay. Thats what destroys the game, letting go of black takes like half an hour and makes it hard to do anything.

I made sure I tried it at night when my connection is best. I'm coming in at 12000kbps down and 1500kbps up. I never played an mk online though even over kaillera. I'm not really knew to online fighters but from what I know it could definetly be better, unless most people online are from overseas/cross country or just have bad connections. On yop of that it really sucks to have to readjust to a different amount of button delay every game, especially in ranked matches where you only get 1 game to do it.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Perhaps the problem is your connection (too fast!) compared to your opponents. It jews you to compensate for your opponents.

well i have been playing xbox live since its release in 2002 i beta tested moto gp when it first came out and since i have been playing i have noticed that anyone with a wireless router will lagg pretty badly and if you are playing someone with a wireless router and u have a wireless router u will get the worst lagg u have ever experienced or you will simply lose connection and lose the match

Scoot Magee

Konqrr said:
Perhaps the problem is your connection (too fast!) compared to your opponents. It jews you to compensate for your opponents.
Wow is that true? That sucks if so, damn...

Btw nah I'm not on wireless, I do have a wireless router but all my gaming stuff is wired. Nothing going on on my network either :(.

ilovepoop said:
well i have been playing xbox live since its release in 2002 i beta tested moto gp when it first came out and since i have been playing i have noticed that anyone with a wireless router will lagg pretty badly and if you are playing someone with a wireless router and u have a wireless router u will get the worst lagg u have ever experienced or you will simply lose connection and lose the match
So the $99 xbox brand wireless adapter will make me lag? Wow, everyday I find a new reason not to get this. I'm sorry I can't have all my networking systems in the same room microsoft.

DAVE101 said:
ilovepoop said:
So the $99 xbox brand wireless adapter will make me lag? Wow, everyday I find a new reason not to get this. I'm sorry I can't have all my networking systems in the same room microsoft.
The lag through a wireless router really isn't that bad. Since i didn't want to spend $99 for the wirless adapter i just did ICS with my pc to connect to the my wireless router, and most of the time my games are very playable. The few things you have to look out for is interference. Like cordless phones, and using a microwave while playing

Br26

Noob
It's not as bad as Street Fighter..not by a longshot.

Theres usually some instances where it's really bad, but it's tolerable most of the time.

DAVE101 said:
ilovepoop said:
I actually have cords running all thru my house.

I already have a 25 foot ethernet cable to go to my ps2. I would much rather spend about $40 for a long ass cable with a better connection than $100 for a crappy one. It's just that the cable would go across too many doors, and I don't want to replace them every time someone trips on them.

i think im the one in japan your talkin about.....although i have a 30mbps connection at my house, i think the reason i get lag sometimes is just the server im on....or the fact that im in japan too.

later

ok been away awhile come back. should i be suprised abput lag, no. pissed, yes :) . but, damm does'nt anyone want to patch anything these days. i feel like im playing beta everthing lately.

ilovepoop said:
I have a wireless router, and no one EVER complains about lag when I play with them. Only thing close to that is the "button lag" kinda thing, where it's harder to do those non-autocombo combos.