What's new

General/Other - Buzz Saw Kung Lao Buzzsaw Variation General discussion.

Here is a setup:

From full screen do ex low hat, start running and do a F2. After F2 on hit B22 will be available. What this does is the opponent has to block low and then two overhead hits. However if the opponent is walking back they will have to block a low and an overhead at the same time. So in this situation you can cancel B22 into an ex spin without hitconfirming probably because I don't see how it is possible to block this. I haven't extensively tested this yet but I think this should be pretty could. It does cost 2 bars though.

Edit: I tested this wrong B22 will only become available if you get something to hit, so you can do stuff like run in D4 or anything to try and get a hit in for this ''unblockable'' to become available.

Last edited:

F4tal

Noob
Just posting this BnB incase any inexperienced players may have missed it or do not understand what 1234 mean as far as buttons.

F4tal

Noob
Not entirely sure if this was discovered already even though it probably is common. I have been around in practice mode against Kano just to practice punishes and seeing which of my strings are punishable on block. So I decided to set Kano's reversal to backdash and have been able to punish it pretty easily without having to use any meter. Granted its a reactionary thing but do all character's have the same backdash?

F4tal

Noob
1 2 3 4 (I know that are the buttons, but what?) and F4, B1 and etc etc, is there a guide for the commands (dont know if this is the right word for ti)
PS4
1 = Square
2 = Triangle
3 = X
4 = Circle

XB1
1 = X
2 = Y
3 = A
4 = B

Varion

Noob
BnB's so far:

11212Spin, Jp, Jk - Dk, F14 = 26%

Anti air spin, Jp, Jk - Dk, F14 = 23%

B12Spin, Jp, Jk - Dk, F14 = 25%

(punisher) F23Spin, Jp, Jk - Dk, F14 = 26%

F2Spin, Jp, Jk - Dk, F14 = 25%

Off of Divekick: F23spin, B321 = 21%

Jk hitconfirm into divekick, F23Spin, B321

Off of tele 2: B13spin, Jk - Dk, F14 = 28%

Of of tele 3: B12 Spin, JP, Jk - Dk, F14 = 30%

Ex spin, Njp, Jk - Dk, F14 = 25%

1 meter: B312 Ex Hat, Run B32Spin, Jk - Dk, F14 = 36%

Corner : B321Spin Njp, Jp, Jk - Dk, F14 = 33%

Corner: F2Spin, Njp, Jp, Jk - Dk, F14 = 27%

I'm new to fighters and trying really hard. Is it best to memorize/be able to get all of these bobs out??? Or just the optimals

We need a staple guide type of set-up/write-up of some form for every character :| I get so confused patrolling through these walls of texts since I'm not a big fighter vet either... Like which and what is optimal, whats sub optimal but situationally good, etc. etc. What is the NEED TO HAVE DOWN ASAP 24/7. ETC. :/

Varion

Noob
So what are the BEST things to have mastered before i go online?

Btw I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME GET THIS

B321 - EX Hat Grinder(BF2) - RUN - B32 - Spin(DF1) Jump Divekick - 21

I SERIOUSLY HAVE A PROBLEM with the run part, and also the B32-into a spin??? Can anyone help

F4tal

Noob
So what are the BEST things to have mastered before i go online?

Btw I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME GET THIS

B321 - EX Hat Grinder(BF2) - RUN - B32 - Spin(DF1) Jump Divekick - 21

I SERIOUSLY HAVE A PROBLEM with the run part, and also the B32-into a spin??? Can anyone help

Just practice canceling the run and try and do a normal attack after like a standing 1 to get the hang of it.

Varion

Noob
Just practice canceling the run and try and do a normal attack after like a standing 1 to get the hang of it.
Canceling the run? Like hitting block before the b32....

Is this going to get easier?? I'll never remember all of this in the middle of a match

coolwhip

Noob
On back dash those won't reach far enough without running to hit
F2 reaches against every character I've tested this on so far. Set the computer on block (always) and have him do a reversal backdash, do 11 (neutral on block) then follow it with a f2. The f2 will punish the backdash every time. B3 will whiff against some characters but will punish others depending on the backdash.

Last edited:

F4tal

Noob

Is this going to get easier?? I'll never remember all of this in the middle of a match
Yes you are going to have to practice hitting block before the B32. The best way to practice this is to simply just run cancel without doing combos so you can get familiar with the cancel range.

you don't have to practice cancelling the run, because you are pressing b32spin during the run, youre not supposed to cancel the run in the combo. You can transition from a run directly into an attack

F4tal

Noob
F2 reaches against every character I've tested this on so far. Set the computer on block (always) and have him do a reversal backdash, do 11 (neutral on block) then follow it with a f2. The f2 will punish the backdash every time. B3 will whiff against some characters but will punish others.

Hmm I will for sure try that thank you for the heads up! I have no problem run canceling but then again this is easily the better option to do so you don't waste any stamina. Good stuff!

F4tal

Noob
you don't have to practice cancelling the run, because you are pressing b32spin during the run, youre not supposed to cancel the run in the combo. You can transition from a run directly into an attack

Wow I think I am just having a massive brain fart today lol I keep forgetting you can just cancel with a normal. My bad for the misinformation maybe I am just used to doing it a certain way haha.