What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung lao Buffs discussion

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Buzzsaw gets 32 meterless now.

Ji3 nerf and combo off divekick is weird as they drop harder.

Buzzsaw spin still break some 2 armoured moves.

Ex tele is something im ok about still need to work it out.
Ex tele is god like. Let me know what you find in Tempest. Buzz saw is making me love this game again ATM.

They need to fix 112124 whiffing when it's not supposed to as well as his xray and give tele 2 better hitbox, that's it.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
They need to fix 112124 whiffing when it's not supposed to as well as his xray and give tele 2 better hitbox, that's it.
112124xspin connects on Triborg now, and I would assume most males. Crouch blocking opponents still get the whiff issues it seems. Maybe we'll get a hot fix.

Could be placebo, but Tele 2 seems to have been adjusted.

Carl

Noob
Been playing alot and this is what i think.

Everything is beautiful with lao except they need to fix the hitbox issue with teleport 2 & 3 especially on females.
I dont like the teleport wakeup i think its bad for down up inputs but i doubt it will get changed.
Otherwise laos pressure is insane i love the b1 especially.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Buzz saw is so fun I can convert off anything now
Yeah, unfortunately he still lacks ... The call backs are supposed to be faster but unless some is retarded there is no point in letting those callbacks go on.

At least Buzzsaw got fixed with the generał fixes + recovery frames on hat respawn ?

Saltea Moonspell

Hattrick feels like its missing something
Yeah, unfortunately he still lacks ... The call backs are supposed to be faster but unless someone is retarded there is no point in letting those callbacks go on.

At least Buzzsaw got fixed with the general fixes + recovery frames on hat respawn ?

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
He's really good. Ex tele being fast is huge IMO. B22 ex tele 3 combos for around 30% 7f d1 is awesome. I haven't incorporated the new b1 into my game yet but b12 3+4 being safe is great for deserting neutral. Then f34 being plus 2 is nice. I wish they would've fixed some of his whiffing issues but I'm very grateful for the changes we've gotten. I'm learning hat trick then maybe buzzsaw later.

Last edited:

Saltea Moonspell

Yes u can get bnb now and i can get 32 meterless from b3.
Also tge anti air hat recovers alot better to land a b3
It may be too soon to say but I think Buzz Saw benefited the most out of those improvement we had.

Tweedy

Noob
Ok! So I like Kung Lao from a design standpoint. What kind of character is he? He looks like a stagger character (which is what I assume he is and if so I'm definitely interested) how is he post patch and should I try him out?
Lao doesn't have a clear archetype on this game but he's safe and does a lot of damage. That's kind of what keeps him afloat. His neutral is good but it's not good enough to be a neutral god. Staggers are good but not good enough to be a stagger god.

He's also the coolest character in Mortal Kombat so that helps too.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Lao doesn't have a clear archetype on this game but he's safe and does a lot of damage. That's kind of what keeps him afloat. His neutral is good but it's not good enough to be a neutral god. Staggers are good but not good enough to be a stagger god.

He's also the coolest character in Mortal Kombat so that helps too.
Follow up question, how do I unlock Revenant Kung Lao? :p

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
The 27% combo your speaking about is that in neutral or divekick? As u day b2 input after chain fist. Thanks

This is an old vid. The second combo is what I'm describing as it was strict but now its easier.