What's new

General/Other - Kung Lao Kung lao Buffs discussion

Carl

Noob
Hello test your mighters as you all know kung lao got some nice buffs and im abit stuck on this 2 hit armour faster teleport.

I'm abit up in the air with this one as thats his only armoured move and unsure if you can get much on it as the tele 2 doesnt launch if his armour gets hit.

Share your feedback.

thanks.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Amazing list of changes. 7 frame d1, 7 frame decent punisher, super fast tele double armor, his useless strings are fixed. I'm happy.

Hopefully 112124 and all his hitbox crap is fixed. Other than that, I'm satisfied with Lao's changes

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Hello test your mighters as you all know kung lao got some nice buffs and im abit stuck on this 2 hit armour faster teleport.

I'm abit up in the air with this one as thats his only armoured move and unsure if you can get much on it as the tele 2 doesnt launch if his armour gets hit.

Share your feedback.

thanks.
Are you serious? Lol. Ex the tele for the grab and spend another bar for 40-43 percent fam and the side switch

Carl

Noob
Are you serious? Lol. Ex the tele for the grab and spend another bar for 40-43 percent fam and the side switch
Yes i know that for the 2 bar punish though like i was saying im abit up in the air about it and im taking feedback from you guys for ideas or so. But thanks for sharing that with me.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Yes i know that for the 2 bar punish though like i was saying im abit up in the air about it and im taking feedback from you guys for ideas or so. But thanks for sharing that with me.
I don't see a reason to armor the tele unless you're grabbing. I'd never take a chance with the overhead

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Will make a video today when the patch drops Kung Lao has a lot better frame data on his strings and normals, a better ex teleport which only launches on the way down, and better yet, he is one of the fewer characters with safe armor launcher at the cost of two bars, every other character got clipped so hard, that using armor now is just a get the fuck off me move.

Tweedy

Noob
I wish they would have fixed the 4 in 112124 whiffing, some issues with certain strings into hats whiffing on certain hitboxes. Hopefully he'll have a good meterless anti air to cope without EX spin. I know he doesn't on this current version.

It's cool that they made EX teleport faster and made it easier to wake up with it. They also seem to have done a good job making useless stuff more useful. We'll see how it pans out.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
maybe they did. They never mention hitbox fixes as much unless they're major. I hope they did. Made Dvorah unbearable to play against @Tweedy

EDIT- oops forgot tweedy ignored me lmao

myri

Time Warrior
You can just do an ex tele to get out and go for a regular grab if you want, don't always have to spend the second bar for a combo. Or his safe mid or his plus overhead.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Buzz saw is the go to in my opinion now. Haven't touched Tempest yet.

B321xstraight hat- dk, b12xspin- 21

B22xstraight hat- dk, b12xspin- 21

B22xEX up hat, run- sweep Gimmicky setup that launches and is sort of a funtoblockable

B3 ex tele
D4 ex tele
B12 ex tele
Mixed with low hat and other staggers this is fantastic. Risk reward highly in Lao's favor.

Some normals combo into ex tele now. B12 into the 2 bar pop up is like 42%.

B12,2+4 is an amazing string now, especially b1 being 0 on block. With the pushback the whole string is great. F3 is really good.

Played a few matches tonight with Buzzsaw and Hat Trick. Hat Trick still feels incomplete, but I think I'm back to a Lao main after 6-8months of him being second to Smoke.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Ok! So I like Kung Lao from a design standpoint. What kind of character is he? He looks like a stagger character (which is what I assume he is and if so I'm definitely interested) how is he post patch and should I try him out?

Carl

Noob
Buzzsaw gets 32 meterless now.

Ji3 nerf and combo off divekick is weird as they drop harder.

Buzzsaw spin still break some 2 armoured moves.

Ex tele is something im ok about still need to work it out.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Ok! So I like Kung Lao from a design standpoint. What kind of character is he? He looks like a stagger character (which is what I assume he is and if so I'm definitely interested) how is he post patch and should I try him out?
Staggers are a big part of his game, yes, but he's best at controlling space. F2, b3, d4, b2, dive kick, and hat toss(all forms) are great for neutral, where I feel he thrives. I have high hopes for him in this meta. He is one of the rare characters that retains an armored launcher, and the system changes didn't hurt his mobility as much as others thanks to dive kick. You get a lot of free grabs once you win neutral and stagger your strings. B1 is now 7 frames and 0 on block, but is a high. D1 is more negative, but also 7 frames of start up and a mid.

I think Lao is way worth picking up. I'm loving him again.