What's new

Tech KUNG Lao AA standing 2, 1 bar combo

Do you guys think this is viable in any way?

• Total voters

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
This is a Kung Lao standing 2 anti air combo using 1 bar of meter with the enhanced hat. Don't know if this is old news or maybe new to some. I don't know how useful you guys might think it is. It's pretty easy to land though so check it out and enjoy.

Btw I started using standing 2 as an anti air followed by a dash 2 4 1+ 3, 2 ,from ETC MCFLY long ago. Just messing around to see if we could extend the damage of the standing 2 AA.

you can get more damage off of standing 2 antir air with meter. but meterless combo I do is standing 2, 1,1,1,24. I use it if the opponent jumps at a range where I can't anti air him with spin. also characters like liu kang, kitana and kabal can bait spin by canceling jump into air projectiles.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Im sure there are more damaging combos but i found this one to be very easy and simple to land. I haven't seen any combos in tom brandy's bnb thread from an Aa standing 2. Only is some match videos have i seen aa standing 2 combos. But anyways i hope it helps someone and like i said if its old than my bad.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
35% is good damage. If you get that consistently over other combos just go for that. 1 bar is easy for lao to build back

also characters like liu kang, kitana and kabal can bait spin by canceling jump into air projectiles.
finally you say something that isnt totally retarded and/or nuthugging! Yes spin raises your hitbox so things like (not instant) air gas blast, fireball, or fan which may have whiffed overhead otherwise would actually hit you.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I've been hit by this setup quite a bit in casuals over the last 6 months... 801 Vegeta does 2~ex hat, jk~dive kick, roll~spin, 24~plum flower for 42%. It's totally worth it if you know you can land it.

Kung Lao's 2 is a really good anti air against jumps that are out of range of a spin.

finally you say something that isnt totally retarded and/or nuthugging! Yes spin raises your hitbox so things like (not instant) air gas blast, fireball, or fan which may have whiffed overhead otherwise would actually hit you.
wow, did you really just say that? keep double uppercutting kung lao teleports .

edit: and the rest of that post, you didnt even have a clue what I was talking about, I was saying those characters can do an air fireball to cancel their jump so they can either punish your whiffed spin or at least block a blockstring because youre at major disadvantage.

You can also just do a 1 aa, it has faster recover then 2, and you can follow up with dash, spin, jump kick dive kick, dash 1, 24 plum flower, for 30% meterless, if you want meter with standing 1, after the jump kick dive kick, dash 2 ex hat, to instant dive kick or 1,1 to 24 plum flower, for around 40+%, I find this better then 2 ex hat because you can hit confirm the move before throwing out a ex hat.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
I've been hit by this setup quite a bit in casuals over the last 6 months... 801 Vegeta does 2~ex hat, jk~dive kick, roll~spin, 24~plum flower for 42%. It's totally worth it if you know you can land it.

Kung Lao's 2 is a really good anti air against jumps that are out of range of a spin.
This combo is the way to go.

coolwhip

Noob
wow, did you really just say that? keep double uppercutting kung lao teleports .

HAHA. Pretty much the first thing I thought of when I read his post. It was a pretty rich claim coming from the man who thinks he can TWICE uppercut Kung Lao's EX tele without getting combo'd.

What do you think of doing 24 ex hat as a pressure tool? It links and gives as free jump in , after you could do shaolin fist to cancel teleport, low hat, if it hits you can cancel into spin combo, or just 24 overhead

another brb I found thats good for mid screen is, jip, 24 spin, ex hat, jump kick, dive kick, instant dive kick, quick dash 1, 24 plum flower, it taks 47% looks cool and itsnt terrible difficult

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Well thanks guys for the replies and especially Konqrr for your input. I was pretty sure we could get more damage from the standing 2 AA, the one I posted was just a concept and quite easy to land even for someone like me with terrible execution. I'm going to hit the lab for the 801 Vegeta combo and level up my game.

coolwhip

Noob
What do you think of doing 24 ex hat as a pressure tool? It links and gives as free jump in , after you could do shaolin fist to cancel teleport, low hat, if it hits you can cancel into spin combo, or just 24 overhead
The problem is you can't hit confirm it. So you have to pretty much commit to the ex hat, and if it's blocked, it's full combo punishable and you just wasted a bar of meter to boot.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I think that if the ex hat is still spinning and you teleport to the other side with the hat behind them, if you let it go it will go away from you and cease to be a factor. If I am wrong, please correct me, but this is how I understand it.

Another thing is that you have to make me fear stopping you from jumping at you. Being hit by the ex hat is what? 8%? I'll take that in chip if I let you jump at me, so I'll just try to stop you and be out one way or the other.

coolwhip

Noob
I think that if the ex hat is still spinning and you teleport to the other side with the hat behind them, if you let it go it will go away from you and cease to be a factor. If I am wrong, please correct me, but this is how I understand it.

Another thing is that you have to make me fear stopping you from jumping at you. Being hit by the ex hat is what? 8%? I'll take that in chip if I let you jump at me, so I'll just try to stop you and be out one way or the other.
The way I understood it is he was talking about ultimate hat. But even if he meant ex low hat, it won't keep spinning, since it's going to hit the opponent (or he's going to block it) after 2, 4.

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
Nice combo, you could get 30% off of an AA spin though. I like to save meter for breaker, Xray or Corner Ex Low hat shenanigans

Edit: I've been toying with 2 anti air for about 15 mins. The best i've got meterless so far is 29%.

Inputs: 2, 21 spin instant DK 2 4 plum flower, 29% just frame 26% regular. If you're doing a spin anti-air i'd stick with that unless you're opponent reads it and starts trying to punish. If they do just go for 2, 21 spin, 1, 2 4 1+2