What's new

General/Other - Tanya Kung Jin tells Tanya he's gay

Rant. Skip it if you don't care for my opinion.

This Kung Jin is gay thing pops up in stream too and it has no place in the Tanya thread in my opinion.

This stigmatism needs to end. This is a fighting game not a dating sim, I don't give a shit who each character has the hots for.
I find it offensive that we're assuming sexuality of virtual characters in a game where it is completely irrelevant. Real people, whose sexuality is public knowledge or an issue of pride in cases of people who aren't (exclusively) into the opposite sex, deserve more respect than that.
Besides, it's an issue of privacy.

Besides, just to counter this shit.
Kung Jin is, above all a Shaolin Monk and he's celibate.
Stop obsessing over sexuality in a fighting game.
I don't really comprehend what youre trying to say here.... especially this sentence "Real people, whose sexuality is public knowledge or an issue of pride in cases of people who aren't (exclusively) into the opposite sex, deserve more respect than that." What does that mean?

In any case it seems youre upset that sexuality is even up for discussion in a video game... But were talking about Mortal Kombat - a game that has hyper-sexualized women and men for years. Either way, having a "gay" character in a video game does seem to matter - Even if Kung's sexuality isn't depicted outside of casual dialogue. For a lot of gay people, having a gay character in a video game - sexuality aside - is a meaningful step in the direction of acceptance, progress and gender identity.

I can agree that a lot of the Kung Jin talk is little more than sophomoric humor and a more interesting conversation about gender politics in video games remains to be seen here.
But make no mistake - having gender, class and racial representation IS socially meaningful to large groups of people.

vs. Cassie Cage
Tanya: Miss Cage.
Cassie Cage: Gonna fight me wearing that?
Tanya: Shame to disarrange that lovely face!
vs. D'Vorah
Tanya: D'Vorah.
D'Vorah: Edenian fool.
Tanya: Outworld needs one less hive.
vs. Ermac
Tanya: Ermac.
Ermac: You will die for aiding Mileena!
Tanya: You will die for not!
Tanya: The soul collective.
Ermac: You will die, Edenian.
Tanya: I will free the souls within you.
vs. Erron Black
Tanya: Speak while you can.
Erron Black: The Kahn wants your head.
Tanya: He'll get nothing. You, on the other hand...
Tanya: The Emperor's playmate!
Erron Black: These aren't toys, Tanya.
Tanya: They might as well be...
vs. Ferra/Torr
Tanya: Ferra.
Ferra: Big boss want talk!
Tanya: Tell him, "no thank you".
vs. Goro
Tanya: You...
Goro: Begone, Edenian.
Tanya: Only fools stand in my way.
vs. Jacqui Briggs
Tanya: Miss Briggs.
Jacqui Briggs: Another Edenian.
Tanya: The only one you need worry about.
vs. Jason
Tanya: Speak, while you can./I am not amused.
Jason: *removes knife embedded in neck*
vs. Jax
Tanya: Jackson Briggs...
Jax: You want something, lady?
Tanya: Come. Amuse me.
vs. Johnny Cage
Tanya: Johnny Cage...
Johnny Cage: Here to make your dreams come true!
Tanya: This dream has a sad ending.
Tanya: Johnny Cage...
Johnny Cage: You've heard of me!
Tanya: It's why I'm so eager to kill you.
vs. Kano
Tanya: This will be a pleasure...
Kano: Couldn't agree more.
Tanya: Shall we?
Tanya: Turncoat!
Kano: I'm a businessman.
Tanya: Take your business elsewhere!
vs. Kenshi
Tanya: Kenshi...
Kenshi: May I help you?
Tanya: Your ability to help anyone is gone.
vs. Kitana
Tanya: So you and Liu Kang...
Kitana: None of your business!
Tanya: I'll take that as a yes.
Tanya: Princess...
Kitana: Still alive, deceiver?
Tanya: No way to speak to a loyal subject.
vs. Kotal Kahn
Tanya: The face of Outworld!
Kotal Kahn: Also its voice.
Tanya: I will silence you.
Tanya: Problem, Emperor?
Kotal Kahn: You bring unrest, Edenian.
Tanya: You'll be resting soon.
Tanya: You are not the Kahn.
Kotal Kahn: I could kill you for saying this.
Tanya: You won't, because you can't.
vs. Kung Jin
Tanya: Kung Jin.
Kung Jin: (Coldly) Hello, Tanya...
Tanya: I'll beat a warmer greeting out of you!
vs. Kung Lao
Tanya: Do you toss your hat at me?
Kung Lao: I do toss my hat.
Tanya: If you do, I am for you.
vs. Liu Kang
Tanya: Liu Kang.
Liu Kang: Kitana warned me of you.
Tanya: Pity she is not here to protect you!
vs. Mileena
Tanya: Ready to work up a sweat?
Mileena: However shall we do that?
Tanya: Here's one way...
Tanya: Mileena Kahnum.
Mileena: I love when you use my title!
Tanya: Enough formalities!
vs. Quan Chi
Tanya: Quan Chi.
Quan Chi: You haven't a prayer against me.
Tanya: Your ego needs boundaries.
vs. Raiden
Tanya: Raiden.
Raiden: Do not test a god!
Tanya: For he might fail?
vs. Reptile
Tanya: Emperor's lackey.
Reptile: He will repay my service.
Tanya: I'll repay you now.
Tanya: You support Kotal Kahn.
Reptile: I do, traitor.
Tanya: Your recompense has arrived.
vs. Scorpion
Tanya: Scorpion...
Scorpion: Out of my way!
Tanya: I don't think so.
vs. Shinnok
Tanya: Doddering old fool.
Shinnok: I... will kill you!
Tanya: Try not to speak.
vs. Sonya Blade
Tanya: I'm glad you're here, General.
Sonya Blade: I want no part of your civil war.
Tanya: This is about us.
vs. Sub-Zero
Tanya: Sub-Zero...
Sub-Zero: Do not test me.
Tanya: You're afraid to fail!
vs. Takeda
Tanya: Son of Kenshi.
Takeda: How could you tell?
Tanya: Same aura of weakness.
vs. Tanya
Tanya 1: You're... me?
Tanya 2: In a way, yes.
Tanya 1: In a way, you should die.
Tanya 1: I am not amused.
Tanya 2: You shouldn't be.
Tanya 1: Here's a way to lighten the mood...
One of the few times Cassie was beaten in the trash talking.

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
So I was playing Erron Black and encountered Tanya in a ladder. He said "The Khan wants your head." She responded with "He will get nothing. You, on the other hand..." *ROUND 1, FIGHT!*

I was like WOAH! and had to pause and come in here immediately.
hahaha Too good!

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Rant. Skip it if you don't care for my opinion.

This Kung Jin is gay thing pops up in stream too and it has no place in the Tanya thread in my opinion.

This stigmatism needs to end. This is a fighting game not a dating sim, I don't give a shit who each character has the hots for.
I find it offensive that we're assuming sexuality of virtual characters in a game where it is completely irrelevant. Real people, whose sexuality is public knowledge or an issue of pride in cases of people who aren't (exclusively) into the opposite sex, deserve more respect than that.
Besides, it's an issue of privacy.

Besides, just to counter this shit.
Kung Jin is, above all a Shaolin Monk and he's celibate.
Stop obsessing over sexuality in a fighting game.
Well... Kung Jin is gay. There is no "assuming" here. It has been 100% confirmed.

Tanya's intro with him was comical, and that's all there is to it. And it belongs in the Tanya section because it's a Tanya intro.

No need to flip out over it ;)

Mortal Kombat is a fighting game series where characters have... well... character. They have stories. They have relationships. They have lives. Did you also flip out over Takeda and Jacqui?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Tanya 100% walks like a hooker. A dumb, slutty hooker that would get on her back for blow.

This woman does not walk like a hooker in heels, so all women do not walk like hookers in heels.
Again, never said ALL women in heels. I said NYC hookers...NYC hookers don't represent ALL women in heels dude...Regarding the "dumb slutty hooker part" well did you read Tanya/Erron intro? ;) btw that vid is funny lol.

So I was playing Erron Black and encountered Tanya in a ladder. He said "The Khan wants your head." She responded with "He will get nothing. You, on the other hand..." *ROUND 1, FIGHT!*

I was like WOAH! and had to pause and come in here immediately.
lol I guess Tanya is slutty afterall lol. That's....wow almost have no words for that lol.

Funny, I've lived in NYC all my life too and I can't say there's a difference between a sexworker in heels and a non sexworker in heels. I do wear heels so I know what I'm talking about.

OH WAIT! Unless you think all people who know how to walk in heels are hookers because a non-hooker obviously must stumble and fall! Not to mention not all hookers wear heels (LMAO you're kidding me with that one right?)
Like I said earlier, talking about female hookers on the streets in heels similar to those. I don't know what you think I meant brah but never said "all women or people who wear heels walk like street walkers"

I said Tanya's walk reminds me of NYC hookers at night the way she walks, you know the way hookers walk up to cars or on the street?

Has nothing to do with not falling lol what? Besides, hey if you have any doubts regarding Tayna's "perversions" just read the comments in here regarding her intros, so guess I wasn't far off afterall eh? lol:cool:

usedcarsalesman: Yes, but like many others I made a small joke that got taken way the fuck out of proportion...

As for the topic itself, we know KJ is gay. That's all I have to say for that.

Last edited:

MKF30

This is the perfect example of a funny and true observation on a fictional female character in MKX that was taken personally or offended some people......she isn't even real so relax people lol.
EXACTLY!! Thank you dude! There is logic in the world afterall! IDK why someone would A. be offended by that(like you said fictional character) B. Assume I meant "all women in heels walk like hookers" because I totally said that...(even though I didn't)

Couldn't agree more dude. Thanks for actually reading and understanding my post. lol Props.:)

FoolishProphet

Still waiting for Jade :\
EXACTLY!! Thank you dude! There is logic in the world afterall! IDK why someone would A. be offended by that(like you said fictional character) B. Assume I meant "all women in heels walk like hookers" because I totally said that...(even though I didn't)

Couldn't agree more dude. Thanks for actually reading and understanding my post. lol Props.:)
No problem,I actually saw that post when this thread was created went into practice and moved tanya around and had a good laugh.You'll always get people that blow everything out of proportion,and I try to give them a nice dose of logic when I'm around lol.

MKF30

No problem,I actually saw that post when this thread was created went into practice and moved tanya around and had a good laugh.You'll always get people that blow everything out of proportion,and I try to give them a nice dose of logic when I'm around lol.
Indeed. Thanks, appreciate. Good to see others have a sense of humor lol

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
@MKF30, I wasn't offended (especially not for the fictional Tanya) but I did find your statement to be factually incorrect. The "walk" is no different then at a dumb hetero club. Seriously, go and watch the girls in heels go up to guys. Are they hookers or just want a good fuck?

MKF30

@MKF30, I wasn't offended (especially not for the fictional Tanya) but I did find your statement to be factually incorrect. The "walk" is no different then at a dumb hetero club. Seriously, go and watch the girls in heels go up to guys. Are they hookers or just want a good fuck?
If you weren't offended you took what I said out of context, someone else was though but again if you read my statement you'd find it's not incorrect and I never said "all women in heels" this was taken out of context and wanted to address it. Again, I don't know how I can be any more clear. I never said "random girls in heels go walking up to guys" I said NYC hookers....NYC HOOKERS not normal chicks with heels in public.

At any rate, again it was a joke...try not to take it seriously. Other people like @FoolishProphet , Dustin and @Ares_Supreme obviously got what I said. Personally, I'm not sure what's so difficult to see what I posted.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I'm doing no such thing. I'm merely explaining to you the idiocy inherent in your previous post.

Because this point is complete nonsense, and shows your idiocyu.

1. 'NYC hookers' are not special in any way. So let's just say 'hookers'.
2. Hookers don't have a particular way of walking that identifies them as a hooker.

So really all you did was compare a female character a hooker without basis.

Continue to excuse and justify it however you like, but you will continue to show how foolish you are since your point has absolutely no basis.

You should tell your shortbus driver that you had trouble hitting the capslock key.

Right, and as above, that's a problematic, flawed statement. NYC hookers are just hookers, hookers don't have a special way of walking. You're an idiot.

No, I never said that. Show me where I did. Quote it, for clarity.

What I said was, for the fourth time now sport, NYC hookers are just hookers, hookers don't have a special way of walking. Your point is invalid, and you're an idiot.
It was a joke.

Let it go.