What's new

Guide - Kung Jin Kung Jin Living Guide Thread

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Added a write up of Playing With Kung Jin that I shared with someone and figured I would add it to the original post. Will update with recent patch changes soon.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Added a write up of Playing With Kung Jin that I shared with someone and figured I would add it to the original post. Will update with recent patch changes soon.
Good write up. I'd add a note about the mixups you can create in shaolin by not doing d4 after upkick and instead just landing on the other side of the opponent after they block the string. You can then either ex cartwheel or d1 low chakram, both have a pretty high success rate

FinalBoss_FGC

Good write up. I'd add a note about the mixups you can create in shaolin by not doing d4 after upkick and instead just landing on the other side of the opponent after they block the string. You can then either ex cartwheel or d1 low chakram, both have a pretty high success rate
Yeah I'll add more to it shortly

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
I gave up on Kung Jin after ancestral was completely ignored in the latest patch. Have no interest in shaolin and bojitsu is sooooooooo boring

Last edited:
I like doing 221 up kick after landing on the other side. The only way they can stop it is low poke and it usually takes them a couple times to figure that out

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Are all the combos up to date in this guide? Seems like a lot has changed since I messed with Kung early on. A lot of old corner combos don't work anymore from back in the day.

FinalBoss_FGC

Are all the combos up to date in this guide? Seems like a lot has changed since I messed with Kung early on. A lot of old corner combos don't work anymore from back in the day.
All combos are updated kinda. Not optimal for Bojutsu tho I'm sure

RiBBz22

All combos are updated kinda. Not optimal for Bojutsu tho I'm sure
What are most people using for meterless/meter damage in Bo? Especially in the corner. Lot of the corner stuff I used to do doesn't really work anymore like it used to.

starter xx bo swat into?
starter xx ex bo swing into?

FinalBoss_FGC

What are most people using for meterless/meter damage in Bo? Especially in the corner. Lot of the corner stuff I used to do doesn't really work anymore like it used to.

starter xx bo swat into?
starter xx ex bo swing into?
I honestly couldn't tell you.

Try starter, swat, njp, u1~swat, 34, ia divekick, b21~Bo swing? Should be low 30s if my mind treats me right

Last edited by a moderator:

RiBBz22

I honestly couldn't tell you.

Try starter, swat, njp, u1~swat, 34, ia divekick, b21~Bo swing? Should be low 30s if my mind treats me right
I've pretty much settled on starter swat, 4~swat, jk~dk, 34~swing for 33% on the overhead and low. Can't imagine he gets much more than that anymore.

FinalBoss_FGC

I've pretty much settled on starter swat, 4~swat, jk~dk, 34~swing for 33% on the overhead and low. Can't imagine he gets much more than that anymore.
Yeah once I started playing around with it, you're prolly right. Which is good meterless anyways.

Try to starter~swat, 4~swat, njp, 34, iadk, 3~Bo swing. May give you 34 or 35

RiBBz22

Yeah once I started playing around with it, you're prolly right. Which is good meterless anyways.

Try to starter~swat, 4~swat, njp, 34, iadk, 3~Bo swing. May give you 34 or 35
It might, but I am getting the last hit in the bo swing to drop way too much at the end already. Eh whatever it is like a percent maybe, I will deal lol.

Darth Rambo

GT:DarthxXxRambo PSN:Darth__Rambo
It might, but I am getting the last hit in the bo swing to drop way too much at the end already. Eh whatever it is like a percent maybe, I will deal lol.
Try swat, 34, 343 into swing that use to be my main corner combo. Its been a while so idr the dmg.

RiBBz22

Try swat, 34, 343 into swing that use to be my main corner combo. Its been a while so idr the dmg.
Cool, I will give it a go; same damage on some of the starters, but it is actually probably better because on some other starters it squeezes out an extra percent. Thanks!

Last edited:

Parasurama

Dragon
Cool, I will give it a go; same damage on some of the starters, but it is actually probably better because on some other starters it squeezes out an extra percent. Thanks!
I have been looking at Bo Jutsu again, and the above corner combo is what I use now: swat, 34, 343 xx bo spin. Midscreen swat, rc 34 iadk rc 34xx bo spin.
midscreen- Divekick, rc 34 34xxbospin, corner divekick 34 343xx bo spin.

Bo Jutsu has the meterless damage and also the armored launcher for gaps, and in a match up where you cant zone, or they are very familiar with the upkick shenanigans, it might be a better pick. Also mix up on wake up.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Swat_EX Swing~3,4-Dive Kick~3,4/Swing is most optimal (3,4/Swing can be replaced with B3,4 for an untechable)

"Using 11 is something that many KJ need to use but do not.
1 is a 9 frame High with 5 active frames that combos into 11 which has 4 recovery frames, 0 block adv and 32 frame hit advantage (that's right, 32)
From this great frame advantage on block or hit, you can then decide to run cancel into grab, low or overhead. To make this even MORE interesting and difficult to deal with, f24 (overhead) on block is 0 and b14 (low) on block is -4 making it unpunishable. So if they block, don't be scared...just consider it pressing the restart button.

If you are dealing with a heavy blocking player, feel free to meterburn straight arrows close range. The start-up is 20 (not great) but on block, you're looking at 7 frame advantage and 11 on hit...plenty of time to run in and start your pressure. Another safe MB move is Cartwheel Drop meterburn leaving you at 3 block adv."

Is it a bit out dated, isn't it?
F24 is -8.
11 is -2 now though.
MB Cartwheel drop is -5 now.

I assume it was a better time for Kung Jin. :D

Please, help me understanding it.
What do you mean 11 "run cancel into grab, low or overhead"? 11 run cancel? :eek:
Or you meant simply run after hit (+32) and take it easy on block (-2)? I don't get it. :)

Parasurama

Dragon
"Using 11 is something that many KJ need to use but do not.
1 is a 9 frame High with 5 active frames that combos into 11 which has 4 recovery frames, 0 block adv and 32 frame hit advantage (that's right, 32)
From this great frame advantage on block or hit, you can then decide to run cancel into grab, low or overhead. To make this even MORE interesting and difficult to deal with, f24 (overhead) on block is 0 and b14 (low) on block is -4 making it unpunishable. So if they block, don't be scared...just consider it pressing the restart button.

If you are dealing with a heavy blocking player, feel free to meterburn straight arrows close range. The start-up is 20 (not great) but on block, you're looking at 7 frame advantage and 11 on hit...plenty of time to run in and start your pressure. Another safe MB move is Cartwheel Drop meterburn leaving you at 3 block adv."

Is it a bit out dated, isn't it?
F24 is -8.
11 is -2 now though.
MB Cartwheel drop is -5 now.

I assume it was a better time for Kung Jin. :D

Please, help me understanding it.
What do you mean 11 "run cancel into grab, low or overhead"? 11 run cancel? :eek:
Or you meant simply run after hit (+32) and take it easy on block (-2)? I don't get it. :)
The frames you mentioned at the bottom are current. He was nerfed early. So the running in would work only on hit for 11, then they are jailed for his "mix up". Running is only required for the throw the other moves should reach I think.

The frames you mentioned at the bottom are current. He was nerfed early. So the running in would work only on hit for 11, then they are jailed for his "mix up". Running is only required for the throw the other moves should reach I think.
That absolutely makes sense. :)

Shaolin combos in video format, all inputs and timestamps in the desc

I am just learning combos from your video that's cool.
I found another combo during practice and it has slightly better damage than your version:
B214 exDB1, JUMP3 AIR D4, RUN, 34xxDB3 D4 (35%)

Sorry if it is redundant I have not read all the posts, yet, just shared.

However your combo is more relaxed and less chance to drop lol:
B214 exBF1, NJ2, JUMP3, AIR D4, RUN, 34xxDB3 D4 (32%)

I want to play with Bojutsu against eg.Alien as his armor launcher is worth it.
I couldnt find out a valid gameplay for bojutsu for offense.

For defense I try to challenge the gaps, punish/whiff punish. Then oki game and possile 50/50.

Can you help a bit on the offensive side in neutral? All the strings are quite minus only MB flip kick ender is safe which is limited even if I hit confirm every move.

Or bojutsu should gamble and eat the punish that is his "pressure"?

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
I want to play with Bojutsu against eg.Alien as his armor launcher is worth it.
I couldnt find out a valid gameplay for bojutsu for offense.

For defense I try to challenge the gaps, punish/whiff punish. Then oki game and possile 50/50.

Can you help a bit on the offensive side in neutral? All the strings are quite minus only MB flip kick ender is safe which is limited even if I hit confirm every move.

Or bojutsu should gamble and eat the punish that is his "pressure"?
hit confirm, always.