What's new

Guide - Kung Jin Kung Jin Living Guide Thread

SiThG0D

These eyes will deceive you.
Thanks abunch CoRzz The God for the Bojutsu variation combos for Kung Jin : ), I started playing at 12am last night when my game unlocked, beat story and then was trying to figure out some characters, happened to run across this topic and I've been winning ever since lol, here are 3 random videos I've uploaded so far.

Very first match online, won thanks to you xD

Random match'

My first Brutality which was also done by accident.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Thanks abunch CoRzz The God for the Bojutsu variation combos for Kung Jin : ), I started playing at 12am last night when my game unlocked, beat story and then was trying to figure out some characters, happened to run across this topic and I've been winning ever since lol, here are 3 random videos I've uploaded so far.

Random match'

My first Brutality which was also done by accident.
That's awesome that you found a home in Kung Jin! I'll try to post up more combos soon!

FinalBoss_FGC

Just curious. What is the max damage that you guys have been able to convert off of a max range F2?
f2's weird because the d1 won't reach at max distance. I'll have to play with it. Maybe a meterburn Bo Swing after the F2 into divekick combo will work for low 30's. Try it out. Or you can go with a mb low bo swing for the overhead low still

Random match'

My first Brutality which was. also done by accident.
Howd you unlock his alt?

Will post a couple things with ancestral in a few. Definitely hard to not tend to try to do green arrow stuff. It just instinctively comes out.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I have a few Ancestral combos(since it's not a heavy combo style but have a few which I will upload soon)

No doubt of the three variations his bojutsu is definitely the most combo heavy variation for KJ...then Shaolin, then Ancestral.

I have a few Ancestral combos(since it's not a heavy combo style but have a few which I will upload soon)

No doubt of the three variations his bojutsu is definitely the most combo heavy variation for KJ...then Shaolin, then Ancestral.

Just messing around, I feel like this is just the begining(cause, well it is) His damage isn't crazy in ancenstral, but 32 percent for no bar in the corner ain't bad! :p Note, the timing is very strict on the jumping 2.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
two questions for you guys:

(1) do you think Bojutsu is really his only viable variation competitively speaking?

(2) how do you unlock that sick ass alt??

FinalBoss_FGC

two questions for you guys:

(1) do you think Bojutsu is really his only viable variation competitively speaking?

(2) how do you unlock that sick ass alt??
1 - Bojutsu is really easy to just jump into...the others seem to take a little bit more dwelling into. It's really too early to tell.
2 - iunno

what happens if you change it to stun again mid-combo and use the stun arrow opposed to fire arrow at the end?
Its like sub zeros ice ball. if you try using it twice in a combo it does just 1 percent and knocks em down. Can only stun once per combo. So I'm thinking you wanna start strings that lead into a stun arrow then change to either fire or vampire as an ender. That way you end the combo pushing them back a bit and you have fire or vampire arrows now loaded to zone a bit.

FinalBoss_FGC

Its like sub zeros ice ball. if you try using it twice in a combo it does just 1 percent and knocks em down. Can only stun once per combo. So I'm thinking you wanna start strings that lead into a stun arrow then change to either fire or vampire as an ender. That way you end the combo pushing them back a bit and you have fire or vampire arrows now loaded to zone a bit.
I was just checking to see if it would stun them even for 1 second to run in and 50/50. Sucks you can't.

James

NottPilgrim
Hi. This is technically my first post on TYM but I'm happy to try and help other Kung Jin players. I mained Green Arrow in Injustice so Ancestral seemed like the obvious choice for me. Ancestral's damage isn't great, but I believe he has similar corner pressure and resets to Green Arrow. For instance, you can combo someone into a stun arrow in the corner and it allows you to load up another stun arrow before finishing the combo. Obviously you can't do two stuns in one combo so after loading the arrow I finish the combo with 1,1. That pretty much leaves them with enough hit stun so that you're free to 50/50 into another stun with his F2 or B1. I didn't spend too much time testing it out but I believe the opponent has no choice but to guess if you're gonna go high or low, and you can loop it until they guess right or their life bar reaches zero.

FinalBoss_FGC

Hi. This is technically my first post on TYM but I'm happy to try and help other Kung Jin players. I mained Green Arrow in Injustice so Ancestral seemed like the obvious choice for me. Ancestral's damage isn't great, but I believe he has similar corner pressure and resets to Green Arrow. For instance, you can combo someone into a stun arrow in the corner and it allows you to load up another stun arrow before finishing the combo. Obviously you can't do two stuns in one combo so after loading the arrow I finish the combo with 1,1. That pretty much leaves them with enough hit stun so that you're free to 50/50 into another stun with his F2 or B1. I didn't spend too much time testing it out but I believe the opponent has no choice but to guess if you're gonna go high or low, and you can loop it until they guess right or their life bar reaches zero.
I just figured we could try it to see if it would catch lol Yeah, I was kinda afraid it'd be carbon copy of GA's gameplay.