What's new

KTP Censoring?

Should this site get the power to censor based on their viewpoint/interest?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • No.

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • Who cares its an online discussion board for a video game.

Votes: 28 48.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not speaking as staff because I have no idea what happened here and claim no involvement, I am speaking as a member. But you guys are being complete fucking assholes and being completely unfair towards TYM and its staff. I understand that you feel wronged by the situation, but can you guys instead of shitting on the site and staff just wait for a statement? Nobody has an agenda, nobody's trying to censor KTP. As far as I or most of the staff are aware. Crimson has already said he's investigating, he's working for you guys to get the answers you all deserve. I think it is prudent to leave it at that until we have more facts. Continuing to talk about the issue without more facts or information doesn't help the situation, and you're gonna get all riled up and spinning ghost stories. I've seen it happen a million times before on this site. To play devil's advocate, who does it really hurt if KTP isn't on the front page, at least temporarily? It's still in existence for you to listen to. This is rhetorical, please do not answer me and call me out and assume I am taking a stance either way in this situation because I'm not. I'm just asking for you to think about what you're all saying and doing before you post it in public.

TLDR; give the issue more time before you continue freaking out and somebody starts calling out illuminati. Why can't we just wait for actual facts to surface?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I'm not speaking as staff because I have no idea what happened here and claim no involvement, I am speaking as a member. But you guys are being complete fucking assholes and being completely unfair towards TYM and its staff. I understand that you feel wronged by the situation, but can you guys instead of shitting on the site and staff just wait for a statement? Nobody has an agenda, nobody's trying to censor KTP. As far as I or most of the staff are aware. Crimson has already said he's investigating, he's working for you guys to get the answers you all deserve. I think it is prudent to leave it at that until we have more facts. Continuing to talk about the issue without more facts or information doesn't help the situation, and you're gonna get all riled up and spinning ghost stories. I've seen it happen a million times before on this site. To play devil's advocate, who does it really hurt if KTP isn't on the front page, at least temporarily? It's still in existence for you to listen to. This is rhetorical, please do not answer me and call me out and assume I am taking a stance either way in this situation because I'm not. I'm just asking for you to think about what you're all saying and doing before you post it in public.

TLDR; give the issue more time before you continue freaking out and somebody starts calling out illuminati. Why can't we just wait for actual facts to surface?
The reason why people are riled up is because shock had storms close the KN criticism thread

Sorry shock people didn't like how well u did. The excuse was closing until they get a chance to respond

This is the only reason people are upset, they see this as an extension of that occurrence

4x4lo8o

Noob
So a podcast that's always front-paged on the site, which then was un-front paged for no explanations whatsoever ... not censorship or anything dubious going on? Sure, sure....
The thread for the podcast itself wasn't closed or deleted, it's even currently on the homepage of the site via the recent threads list.

The site's privately owned and operated, the admin's can use the front page articles however they want. In this case they aren't actively suppressing or censoring anyone's opinion, they're just choosing not to promote something.

K7 should at least get an explanation if it gets taken down again, but there's a good chance he won't and that's shitty. But it's still not censorship or something to cause an uproar about. Especially since it's currently frontpaged...

K7 frontpaged it himself since he has mod powers. Neither K7 would have known and frontpaged it nor would have Crimson started investigating it if no one posted about it and just waited for the tumbleweeds to explain itself.

While I can share Frothy's sentiment that some posts are getting too inflammatory, however the onus is on TYM themselves on what they perceive the website as:
  • A regulated private forum board mostly for NRS games that allow public and heavy discussion on NRS game-related topics without getting out of control,
  • or simply a private message board to promote the ideas of its staff, private members, friends, allies, with heavy moderating on public members to not allow any negative or dubious statement against TYM and co.
From the way things have been, I've always perceived TYM as the first one, as so do many others including hopefully the staff members themselves.
The closing of Legend's thread in regards to FR management complaints as well as the un-promotion of the KTP thread are warning signs that if left on its own, can slowly drag the site to something neither the public and private members nor its staff hopefully will want.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I mean the games u are playing are Mature rated like MK for example. There are a couple of cusswords they say in that game even Kano says "Bitch" when you choke someone. So ppl can cuss IRL if they are commentators and profanity as long as it isnt racist.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Sorry I am in Jamaica so I can't post gifs right now...

But...

Can'tWeAllJustGetAlong.gif

to be fair some people are right about the fact that nothing was censored. They just chose not to promote it, but it is kinda stupid if it is being un-frontpaged because of shock or whoever.(if that is the case)

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
It's true it's not actual censorship. It's also totally within their right. It's just funny.

zaf

professor
@K7L33THA

Did you move the thread at any point or was it moved to another location?

I believe that is what happened. When a thread is relocated, it will be moved from front page.
I don't think it was anyone, just a bug.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
@K7L33THA

Did you move the thread at any point or was it moved to another location?

I believe that is what happened. When a thread is relocated, it will be moved from front page.
I don't think it was anyone, just a bug.
No I never moved it. Posted to the front news section as usual. Like 30 min later saw it was off the front and now in the new podcast section. Waited a while to see what happened then just promoted it from there to the front.

Its fine now. I guess I'll just post them in that section now and promote them rather than directly on the front.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Slight update, guys.

The mods are currently discussing what's going on. Came to learn that moving threads = front page articles get removed. We still are figuring things out and seeing if that was the case, but in the meantime that's what we've found so far. Hang tight guys...I'll try and keep you guys as updated as I can as a staff member (and I'm sure the other mods will, too).

zaf

professor
No I never moved it. Posted to the front news section as usual. Like 30 min later saw it was off the front and now in the new podcast section. Waited a while to see what happened then just promoted it from there to the front.

Its fine now. I guess I'll just post them in that section now and promote them rather than directly on the front.

So then this is what happened....
All podcasts are to be posted in the new podcast subforum section of the site.
A mod most likely saw that it was not in the right sub forum, moved it to the correct sub forum.

This would then cause the thread to be removed from the front page, since it will lose its promotion.

So it looks like, while it did need someone to move the thread, it was in no way intentional.
No one here was trying to "censor" anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.